Major spoilers from upcoming Fall novels.

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by David Brennon, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

Presumably now you control television you will be showing CSI: Miami all the time, non-stop. It would seem only fair after all... :)

2. DaveR

DaveR Commander Red Shirt

Ok, now *you* win the Internet. Anybody who can bring an IT Crowd reference into this conversation (and have it make sense) does...

3. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ I'm just glad someone else knew what I was talking about! :techman:

4. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Avro, it's funny your comment made me think of the IT crowd but in my dopeyness i didn't register that you were making a reference to the IT Crowd. That's a great episode by the way, its the same one where Douglas is dating the transgendered lady and they have that awesome fight, right?

Also Csalem, i can't stand the CSI shows but i do have a spot for Horaitio Caine memes. Now that i i control tv every station is just going to be various tv shows starring Stephen Amell in various states of undress.

5. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Yeah, that's the one.

Can we have a new Star Trek series too? Please?

6. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm more curious about the Titan's fate with such a promotion. Will she continue, or are the Titan books being shelved? And if she continues, who will be her Captain? I can't see a books-only character like Vale being given the center chair. It was one thing for Excalibur and Calhoun, but Titan is much more high profile. She's the ship Riker finally gave up his dream of commanding the Enterprise for. Whoever takes her center chair - if she continues/survives? - it's got to be another canon character. Maybe Tuvok? Then again I want Tuvok to go back to Voyager...

Ugh. Now I'll be all anxious until I find out! :(

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think at this point we're far enough past the shows/movies that having someone like Vale in charge of Titan wouldn't be much of an issue. After all we did have Eden in charge of the Full Circle Fleet over Chakotay, and we did have Gold in SCE over canon characters like Gomez, Duffy and Stevens.

8. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Riker will wind up stepping back into the command chair. I don't see the status quo getting disrupted.

9. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

I dunno man, it was easy with Voyager since chakotay was a non-presence in the tv series. No one's gonna buy a book billed as the thrilling adventures of captain chakotay

And although Gold was captain, the story was focused on Gomez and Duffy/Tev, you were in no doubt that they were the featured characters(though all of the others got a decent amount of focus over the span of the series, including gold, which was great - everyone felt well rounded).

Now I haven't read the last 3 titan books(which makes me a terrible person to be pontificating lol), but I've never seen anything from vale to make me think she can carry a series, so unless there's been some seriously good characterisation injections in the last three books, either riker comes back in some fashion, or the series ends.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Have you met the Novelverse? ;)

11. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

I wonder how they'll explain Titan getting back to Earth on relatively short notice.

12. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Already en route to the core sectors for other reasons?

Would like to know more about the whole Luna-class exploration initiative in general, honestly...

13. Nob Akimoto

We know that aside from Titan at the end of the incident, most of the Luna class ships were so far away from the Federation core that they didn't even bother recalling them for the Borg Invasion, and that most were a comfortable several hundred ly beyond the Federation frontier (Losing the Peace establishes that Amalthea with Edward LaForge aboard was 300ly away from the Federation). The only exception to that is evidently Callisto who was close enough to be deployed to Pyrithia in 2384.

14. Zedferret

Zedferret Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Does the Titan go to Earth? Or Just Riker? A Slipstream ship could fetch him.

15. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Short cut, natch...

16. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Subspace shortcuts are being added to the UFP databases regularly, after all. Right along with stars, planets, nebulae, star clusters (open and globular), and so on...

17. Nob Akimoto

The wait for Poisoned Chalice is becoming a bit excruciating...can we get a shortcut to its release date, too?

18. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Fallen Gods is 2382 and The Fall is in 2385, no? Anything could've happened in that time. I was surprised reading 'Ceremony of Losses' and seeing Shar had been working the problem on Andor for a LOT longer than I thought it'd been.

19. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

I'm sure if you ask the Guardian of Forever nicely, he'll time-jump you.

20. NotLKH

NotLKH Lieutenant Red Shirt

Has there been any indication of the GOF being able to send beings to, or observe,the future?