Lost 5x04: "The Little Prince"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 4, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

36.4%
  2. Above Average

40.0%
  3. Average

20.0%
  4. Below Average

3.6%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Hopefully someone will get back to us with the results. I don't remember.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well, Rousseau was hanging out with the entire gang at the end of S3 when they planned their ambush on the Others.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The episode was fine, but we didn't learn anything new or shocking, just ehh...

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I've recently been watching the series for the first time all the way through, I'm still midway through S2, but I'll go back and scan the eps that have Danielle in it for that since it is all fresh on my mind.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Here's an interesting Rosseau point from Lostpedia:
    Her story is inconsistent in that she had to have been on the island prior to the Purge. The Dharma Initiative was active on the island until December 19, 1992, the day which the Purge occurred. This means that Danielle cohabited the island with the Dharma Initiative for about 4 years. It's also not explained how she survived the toxic gas attack that struck the island when The Others destroyed DHARMA.

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, I fully expect Walt having to go back with Oceanic 6 and Ben is purposely being mum on the subject. And what about Frank?

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Hey, now we finally know for certain that Rousseau was NOT an Other. Of course she might have joined them after crashing and then later got exiled or ran away herself...

I can't wait to see Jin and the French encountering Cerebus!!!

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

In one episode she said that she didn't involve herself with other things on the island, kept to herself basically. So it is very possible she didn't interact with the DI people at all, and was perhaps in an area when the gas hit that she was ok. Maybe it was even the gas that made her team sick. Maybe we'll learn more about all of this now that we are in her time period.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

She never messed with The Others, she stayed away from them.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Do we know that they will? I sure hope so.

Anyhow, a really good episode. Lots of fun.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

In the S1 finale she was familiar with Cerebus and explained it was "a security system". Ergo, sometime in the past she has an encounter with Cerebus.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

who wants to bet we'll see young ben?

13. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

very true, good catch

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

perhaps Danielle meets him? that would be cool to see this, and would make sense how she knew he was an Other when she bagged him

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh I just remembered, I was watching the end of the rerun with the pop-up info and I think I saw a major bit of info we didn't know.

It said that Locke returning the Oceanic Six to the Island will stop the time-flashes.

Did we know this? Does this mean the time-flashes are going to last for three years on the Island, or just that when things get settled the 06 will be three years in the future as far as Sawyer et al are concerned?

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The other weird thing about these time flashes, it seems that this is the first time this has happened because Alpert is completely unfamiliar with it. But wouldn't this happen every single time you Donkey Wheel the Island? Wouldn't it have happened when Widmore/Hawking moved the Island in the past to escape Dharma/US Army?

Maybe the Whispers are the characters indirectly perceiving other time-flashing time-jumpers? But no, since the 1953 Others and Indian shooters were clearly able to see them fully...

17. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I recalled that but I didn't know if you knew for sure like you saw it in the preview or something. For all we know she could've encountered it later on.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Maybe it doesn't ALWAYS initiate time travel when you move the wheel. Perhaps it just depends, on what I don't know.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh I never watch the previews. I avoid all spoilers religiously... except over the summer break! :D

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Maybe you have to be Island-born to Donkey Wheel sans time travel. Since Ben was born off-Island, it caused the chaotic time travel. So if Widmore/Hawking did it, and they're Island-born Others, it wouldn't have caused time travel. Of course if Hawking is the one who pulled the trigger and jumped all over time, this would explain why she's so knowledge about time travel and causality.