Stories you would have told in season seven

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JirinPanthosa, Nov 24, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Maquis: Full pardons.

7 of 9: One year later has barely left some science lab deep within Starfleet headquarters.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

An earthbound follow-up of Seven of Nine would have shown her going through an aggressive debriefing by Starfleet Admirals until she snapped and assimilated them all.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's because Janeway is a ####.

In season one, all the Maquis should have been tried, then sentenced to starship duty (community service) so that they would be unconditionally free by the time they got back to earth.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Harry did get broken bones and had bones removed during second year, and had to go through the pain of them being grown back

I absolutely would've liked to see The Voyager arrive home earlier in the episdoe, so there was time for a prologue about "Getting back to life at home", but, they couldn't have made a whole episode after arriving home, the ratings would've been dismal, no one would show up towatch te episode, once they arrived back home.

6. Guy Gardener

What did you think of the enterprise episode "Home" where the crew kick it on Earth as heroes after defeating the Xinid?

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

That was fine, but, The Xindi arc wasn't the entire premise of Enterprise. The entire premise of Voyager was being stranded in the Delta Quadrant and exploring it on the way home. The general audience would've been sated once the ship arrived home.

8. teacake

Much of Home took place on Vulcan which saves it from dullness.

Some of the Earth scenes of the crew kicking back are completely tedious. Despite having the fabulous Erika Hernandez in them Archer going rock climbing is very boring. No one appears on rocket boots to save it either.

9. Guy Gardener

"Shit, Shit... Sorry. Kate, Robert, Jeri, Bobby, Bob... Oh Ethan, you're here too? Weird, but I'm so sorry... I know you're all ready to leave, but Enterprise blew up in our faces. It's unworkable tedious boring bullshit. The network saw our new pilot and told us to take it back tot he drawing board and recast and rewrite the entire thing, we're screwed. We have nothing. We're supposed to start airing in a month and there's just a void. The only thing that we can think of to full up the space in the line up is to quickly slap together an 8th season of Voyager... Please, please. I need you, Star Trek needs you. Yes even you Ethan, lets bring the band back together.... But perhaps we shouldn't mention this to Garret yet."

10. teacake

Okay but if we must have an 8th season on earth I want Janeway to have a lover. And I want at least 1/3 of the storylines to be about Section 31, Icheb can be recruited. And I want Samantha Wildman to be a main character. And I want to see a hidden filthy skeevy underbelly of utopian earth that would make Roddenberry choke on his corn flakes. And I want 7 to have to go into that on missions for Starfleet Intelligence.

11. Guy Gardener

Seven would be at the academy, if she cared enough to sign up, it would be still years before she was qualified to be a yeoman in Starfleet intelligence.

"But I have the raped and enslaved identities and intellectual prowess of thousands of Starfleet officers dedicated to my every whim, your academy is beneath me."

If Seven said something even half as honest as that, star fleet surgeons are going to go inside her brain and rip out all the knowledge the Borg stole though genocide and assimilation just like the Doctor had that Cardassian extracized from his program until all that's left is an 8 year old girl screaming for her mommy becuase some one is drilling into her eye.

12. teacake

If academy and starfleet procedures were followed as they would be in the real world much of Star Trek would not exist. See: Kirk.

13. Guy Gardener

And Red Squad thought they were above the law too.

But that's just Dostoevsky's Crime and punishment.

Only unexceptional people believe that the rules apply to them.

14. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

If Lon Suder had survived to reach Earth, would he had receive a complete pardon? Seems unlikely. Other Marquis would have their service aboard Voyager balanced with their actions in the Marquis. Some might face trial and protracted imprisonment. While Chakotay and Torres excelled as Voyager crewmembers, really putting themselves "out there," was this the case for all the Marquis who were brought aboard?

Why would they as a group all get full pardons?

:)

15. teacake

Because it's Star Trek.

And obviously Suder doesn't count.

16. Guy Gardener

The Maquis are not going to prosecute themselves, which means that Lon's only crime is following Chakotays orders very well. The exception to this would of course be B'Elanna trying to blow up a civilian Cardassian planet with that missile from Dreadnaught when her killhappy bloodlust made the rest of the terrorists say "Dude, take a chill pill already."

Unless you mean Lon's single post Maquis crime of murder?

Well, even if he still had to answer for that new crime, his old crimes of following Chakotay's orders as a Maquis would still be commuted.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  17. Sonja

Sonja Ensign Newbie

Yes, please. :drool:

:bettertakingcover: :rommie:

18. Guy Gardener

By now Enberg would be old enough to play hundred year old Spock half way inbetween Nimoy and Quinto.

19. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    They could have given Suder Boothby's old job at SF HQ. But don't you just fear he'd create some mutant killer orchid?

And season 8 (etc) Naomi has to go goth :evil:

20. teacake

Goth would just be an excuse for Naomi to wear Borg jewelry.