Chiron Intergalaxy Corp.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SWHouston, Apr 3, 2010.

1. SWHouston

SWHouston Commander Red Shirt

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Voice
    Com Level: PCV AGAMEMNON CHIGCO A38Y5H SECURED:
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATED
    To: HOUSTON-9400:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    CC-2000:
    SW, I have Captain Thara on Subspace.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Put her through !

THARA- CAP-1:
    [​IMG]

HOUSTON-9400:
    THARA !, you look as refreshed as a morning Rose !
    THARA- CAP-1:
    SW, I haven’t looked refreshed in Forty Years, but don’t quit saying things like that.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Aww come on, beauty is in the eye of the beholder !
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Ohhh, if only your skin was Blue. HA HA HA
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA
    THARA- CAP-1:
    SW, we had a wonderful time, just right, my Mother in Law was there, and I can’t stand her for over a day or so. Just about everyone of the Crew got down to the surface, and we are headed back to our Station.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Glad you all had a good time, but, I want you to come back to Corporate first.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Really, upgrades ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, you sure about this Channel ?
    CC-2000:
    Definitely SW, it’s secure, no problems noted.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No upgrades Thara, we found a Transwarp Conduit out on B’iJik’s route, and I want you to pick up extra Power and Weapons Modules, and take them out to him.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    SW, if you are thinking about using the Conduit to go to the Hive, I would be the best for that, I have been there, and know of their layout !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Dear Thara, you’re solid Latinum, but, I will not put you or your Crew in harm’s way, twice in a row. Besides, B’iJik found it, and he’d probably come back and shoot me, if I didn’t let him go.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    As you say Sir, you know we would do anything that is necessary. But that aside, your find could provide us with considerable tactical and commerce advantages, just how did this happen ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    B’iJik was cruising along on his Route, passed it, the Computer noticed it and we stopped. We left a Class One Probe there to monitor any activity, and we’re making a Transwarp Coil as we speak.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Just one ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, at first yes, but if this works ok, I’ll have one for all of you, and the Cargo too.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Captain Praxim will be very glad to hear that, he makes such long runs.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, the Osiris is a good ship, and he always carries extra Dilithium with him. Anyway Thara, count on picking up some of B’iJik’s route for a while when you get out there, Pressman will help out with that too.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Understood Sir, anything else ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s it sugar, keep a tight ship for me.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Aww SW, you always say the nicest things. Thara out.

THARA- CAP-1: CLEAR
    PCV AGAMEMNON CHIGCO A38Y5H CHANNEL RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING

HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, get a new Operations Schedule out to the Zeus, Four Shift Rotation, Tactical Drills after each shift, and diagnostics on all their Propulsion, Shields, Power and Defensive Systems daily till further notice. Additionally, make sure that Thara takes additional Dilithium and any other supplies he may need, just in case he gets stuck somewhere, got that.
    CC-2000:
    Understood SW, that will give him two Weapons and two Power modules, that will give him superior capability if he has to go into Battle. But, as I said before, there is no reason at this point, that when using the Interphasic Cloaking, that there will be any notice of his presence in a Hive, IF that is where the Conduit exits.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I know I know, but I just want to make sure he loaded for Bear, just in case. Got anything else since we’re talking ?
    CC-2000:
    Not really SW, I had a talk with Dr. Chambers a while ago, just wanted to keep him updated on Malachi.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Everything going ok there ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes, he slept in this morning, but all is well.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh, hard day yesterday ?
    CC-2000:
    VERY hard as I recall.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummm....gees, I’m not going to touch that, if there’s nothing else, bye ?
    CC-2000:
    No, nothing SW, bye.
    HOUSTON-9400: CLEAR
    CC-2000: CLEAR
    CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Conference

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Conference
    Com Level: Secured – As Noted – Transport Vessels Only
    Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATIONS ACCEPTED
    With: PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V SECURED:
    CC-2000:
    SW, I have Captain Pressman on Subspace.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Put him through !

PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    [​IMG]
    SW !. what the hell is going on, I have Redirect Orders here, to rendezvous with the Zeus and Agamemnon, we going to War with someone ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    I sure hope not Eric, we located a Transwarp Conduit, and I’m sending B’iJik through it to see what’s on the other side.
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    Uoo, that still sounds a little vague, so you want me to take part of B’iJik’s route for a while, that’s what is says, right ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    For now that’s all I need, I hope I don’t have to send you in after him.
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    Well Boss, given all the weapons we have onboard, shielding too, that’s one fight we just may win.
    CC-2000:
    SW, Captain B’iJik is on Subspace for you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Put him on CCom with us CC, but I sure hope it doesn’t come to that Eric.

B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    [​IMG]
    What is the reason for these new Orders, are we going to War ?

PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    You’d love that wouldn’t you, you old Targ.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    B’iJik, Leyor contacted me a few minutes ago, and told me we could have an operational Transwarp Coil in two days.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    QAPLA’ !, it will be a glorious battle, and a good day to die !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HANG ON THERE !, I don’t want either to happen if we can help it, you’re just going in for a trial run, and quick look, GOT THAT ! You will run silent, and once you have reached a Hub, you are to do some quick Sensor Readings, and return immediately, I will send you additional Orders on how I want your Vessel stacked with the extra Power and Weapons Modules, more specific Orders, UNDERSTOOD !
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Ummm..Yes Leader, I understand, it will be an honor to do this, and I will comply with your Orders, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Good, but that’s about it for now, Thara and Eric here will hand off the Battle Modules to you, and you give them your Cargo Modules. I want you light, ready and strong, just in case the Borg get a whiff of you, and you have to defend yourself.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    I am confident that we shall be victorious if that happens, these Ships are with vast Power, you are a good Leader.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, we may just have the chance to see how good I made those Ships, if one or more of those Cubes chasses you back over here, we’re going to have to scramble, to get you some help. CC will be handling the routing of the Hercules and Agamemnon, and I think I’ll hold the Chiron here, just in case we need a fourth Vessel over there.
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    Wow SW, I think you’re serious about this !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Serious hell, I’m a nervous as a Cat on a hot Roof ! If we let those guys out of that hole over there, we’re going to have hell to pay. There is NO doubt that they remember what happened to the last one they sent through, not that Janeway didn’t do a good job, but, if I were them, I’d make sure that the next time that was done, there would be more than one Cube.
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    Well you’re right about the quick look and get out, it’d be a lot better if they didn’t detect us at all, I’m pretty sure given what I’ve read from Thara’s report, that can be done, and a LOT more information about the Hub Network can be gathered.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Having these conduits will give us great Tactical advantage over our enemies, and...well, it will be very good for the Routes too, if they go where we need them, do you have any information on that ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Not yet, that’s part of the reason you’re going to do this, AND, if you’re not noticed and all goes well, you’re going to go back through again, and start mapping them, see that !
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    QAPLA’ !, that is a good plan !
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    B’iJik going to need any help with that SW ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Therein lies the catch, if I remember correctly, there were literally THOUSANDS of those things going everywhere, we’re going to have to dedicate additional resources to the Mapping I’m thinking, or it’s going to take forever, IF this goes like I think it will. OH, CC, get hold of Praxim, and get him started back this way ASAP !
    CC-2000:
    Understood Sir, and I see that both Captains Thara and Maxwell are monitoring us, they haven’t logged on to the Channel, welcome Captains.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well I don’t want to make this a Party Line right now, and all of you will be getting more specific orders soon, any more questions ?
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    I’m ok with it, I’m kinda glad to see some activity finally.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    I understand your orders Leader, and await the opportunity to serve !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, I think we’re all straight on this for now, and after you get your Orders, we can CCom again, right before B’iJik jumps into it over there, ok, so, I’ll say bye for now all.
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1: CLEAR
    PCV HERCULES CHIGCO H44G8U RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
    B’IJIK- CBG-1: CLEAR
    PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
    CC-2000:
    SW !, this is SO exciting, we may go to War, WOW !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA, Ohhh, I can’t help but laugh, you’re excited again, HA HA.
    CC-2000:
    Well it is exciting, all we ever do is deliver stuff and talk, make money then spend it, this is different !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA well yea, but, you’ve never been in Battle yet, I sure hope you’re ready just in case !
    CC-2000:
    SW, all joking aside, I AM if need be. With this new Programming, you could load all four, or even more of the Transports with extra Weapons Modules, and I could handle it easily, I assure you of that. I’ll say it again, from what I know of the Borg right now, if they put ten of their Cubes against just ONE of our Ships, we’d kick their butts SO bad, they go back to the Delta Quad and hide in shame.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Come on CC, ten to one, aren’t you exaggerating a little, or a LOT !
    CC-2000:
    SW, I am NOT kidding you, with the Weaponry, Shielding and Power we’d have on a Transport rigged for Battle like you’re going to have it, we could do that, I promise it !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, I’m sure glad we’re on our side given that, but, seeing is believing, and I don’t want to see a Battle start over there. I’d have to get the Federation in on it, and I really don’t want to do that.
    CC-2000:
    Though I think I know the answer to that, I’ll ask anyway. Why wouldn’t you want them involved ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    We’d have to show our hand off, they’d see what kind of weaponry we have, and they’d probably want to write up a Contract for us to protect them, I wouldn’t put it past Bill at all.
    CC-2000:
    OH, I thought it was just because you don’t like Admiral Bill !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That too.
    CC-2000:
    DATA SEARCH – WAR – COMPONENTS – RESOURCES – LIST
    OH, I just looked it up, we could be Mercenaries !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    We could NOT, and we will NOT, I think you’ve been watching too many Holonovels !
    CC-2000:
    But....
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Bye CC !

3. SWHouston

Com Level: CHIGCO-G8BG74D SECURED
    To: HUGH CONGLOMERATE – FORMAT 83
    TRANSMIT COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST
    COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST ACCEPTED

HUGH-OPS1:
    [​IMG]
    Hello.

CC-2000:
    Greetings Hugh, I am..ahh...I am Chiron CC.
    HUGH-OPS1:
    Yes, Chiron, do you know my friend Chiron SW ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes I do, quite well in fact, I am contacting you in accordance with a Scheduled Contact. Do you need anything, are you ok ?
    HUGH-OPS1:
    We are ok Chiron CC, we have harvested more of the food of the Ground, and are awaiting the Echkl that Chiron SW said he could provide us with.
    CC-2000:
    Oh ahh yes, he is aware of that, but...ahh...we are working on getting those to you, and I have researched other needs for the provisions and items for the containment of Echkl, which you will need. I will try to expedite getting that to you.
    HUGH-OPS1:
    Dekla is quite anxious for us to have the Echkl, he says they provide many sources of sustenance.
    CC-2000:
    Yes they do, and I’ll try to mention that to Chiron SW, and maybe get them to you soon, but, is there anything else you need, any problems ?
    HUGH-OPS1:
    Yes Chiron CC, I have a problem with Goval, he continues to want to be returned to his home world, do you think you could provide him with transportation, or ask Chiron SW if that is possible ?
    CC-2000:
    Wait now Hugh, ahh, is Goval one of the Borg there with you ?
    HUGH-OPS1:
    Yes, here, you can talk to him, I cannot convince him that it is not a good idea for him to return to his world, but he insists, he is stubborn, here he is.
    CC-2000:
    Well wai....

GOVAL-OPS1:
    [​IMG]
    Hello, I am Goval.

CC-2000:
    Ahh ok..hello Goval, how can I help you ?
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    I want to return to my Home World, I miss my family and Hugh says it is not possible. I want to return, can you help me ?
    CC-2000:
    Uoo wow..ahh..well Goval, I can’t promise you anything definite, but have you looked in a Mirror recently, do you realize that you are...or have those Implants still ?
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    Oh ahh yes, I know I have them.
    CC-2000:
    Well ok, but are Implants common with the people of your World, they have things like that ?
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    Ohh well no, they don’t.
    CC-2000:
    Ok, but do you think that given your appearance, with the Implants like you have, that you would be accepted back ? Is it possible they may object to that ?
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    Oh, if they saw me as I am, they would be afraid, they would reject me.
    CC-2000:
    Yeaaaa, I think you’re right, so, I don’t think you have other options, stay where you’re at, at least you are accepted there, right.
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    Yes I understand that, I am safe and comfortable here, but I want to rejoin my family, can these Implants be removed, must I have them for the rest of my life, can you help me ?
    CC-2000:
    Goval, wow, I don’t think it’s possible to remove all of them. The only reference I have is an ex Borg, a Female that had some of her Implants removed, and a few others who had them all removed, but it was not good, they died eventually. So at best, you still would have some of them remain on you.
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    Eventually, how long did they live, I would have all of them removed if I had time to see my family, to return and die with them at my side.
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh gees...ahh...well Goval, I’m not the final word on this, let me tell Chiron SW about it, not that he has anything other to deal with right now, and I’ll get back to you on that. BUT, it’s going to take some time, and that said, I don’t know if we could get you back to your Home World in the time you had left, after the Implants were removed, it’s not a long period.
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    I still wish it, I will do anything to see my family again, please pursue this for me with Chiron SW, I have a wife, and children, I miss them so much. Even though you say I would not have long to live, I would do that just to be with them again. Tell him how much I want my family with me even if it means my death, please.
    CC-2000:
    Oh wow...If I had eyes, I’d be crying now, I feel so much compassion for you. I’m SO sorry that happened to you. I think I understand now, why SW wants to help you people so much.
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    I don’t understand.
    CC-2000:
    Never mind Goval, let me speak to Chiron SW, but I cannot guarantee that he will be able to do anything for you, ok.
    GOVAL-OPS1:
    I understand Chiron CC, please try, and thank you.
    CC-2000:
    Otherwise, is everything ok there ?

HUGH-OPS1:
    [​IMG]
    Yes Chiron CC, we are ok.

CC-2000:
    Ok then, I’ll try to get back to you soon, goodbye.
    HUGHL-OPS1:
    Goodbye Chiron CC.
    HUGH-OPS1:Clear
    CC-2000:Clear
    CHIGCO-G8BG74D CHANNEL RETURNED TO STANDARD MONITORING

4. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    CC-2000:
    SW, I have Captain Praxim on Subspace.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Put him through.

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    Mr. Houston, I’ve just received redirect orders, have I done something wrong, Sir ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    HA no, you’re doing fine Prax, we just got a little situation over on B’iJik’s route, and we need your help.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Certainly Sir, just what exactly can we do ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Guard a Post for a while, don’t know how long, but we found a Transwarp Conduit, and I’m sending the Zeus through it to check out where the Hub is, and I need someone to stand by the Entrance, and blow the hell out of anyone except B’iJik, who comes out.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ummm...ahh Mr. Houston, I know I don’t get over to the Corporate facility much, but just to remind you, I don’t have anything more powerful than Type X Phasers, I don’t even have a Torpedo Array, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I know that too, but, you’re all I got that I’ll let just sit there until something happens. I got to keep those Transports in delivery mode, not that your parts runs aren’t important, it’s just a matter of priorities, ok.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    I see Sir, but let me try to get a better concept of this. Transwarp, I think that means Borg, like in BIG, STRONG and a bunch of um ! And you want ME to blow the hell out of um, is that what I’m hearing, Sir !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, maybe that was wishful thinking, but, you got Shields almost as good as any Transport, and can keep running and hitting them with what you do have, until I can get you some help. Hay, you could pull up in front of them, and dump some of those spare parts you’ve picked up in their way, at least they’ll have to slow down to get around um.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Sir, I’m already on my way to you, and I’ll do what I can, but, I don’t think that will be much, it won’t take them much time to get around some debris in their way.
    CC-2000:
    SW, if I may speak please. Captain Praxim, I’m..ahh CC, and I’ll be monitoring your Computers and Sensors should that happen, and it will be real important for you to keep fairly close to a Cube, if one comes through the Conduit. From what I know already about their Weaponry, your Vessel can handle it just fine, and I need to monitor their Operations, I just may be able to send a signal to them, that will incapacitate the Cube, IF I have enough time to gather the information, you see that Captain ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok CC, whoever you are, so all I got to do is just stick close to them if they run past me, you know they’ll probably try to put a Tractor Beam on me, think I could break loose, and maybe just get um chase me around in circles, is that what you’re implying.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Hell yea, that would work, just anything to slow um down !
    CC-2000:
    SEARCH ALL DATABASES – BORG – TRACTOR BEAM - CORRELATE
    Captain Praxim, no, don’t try to pull away from their Tractor Beam, from what I know of their power, you would damage your Vessel, but, I’ve just checked our records, and no record of them using a Tractor Beam at a distance of over 1100 Kilometers exist. So, if you can keep as close as you can, but at least that distance from them, you probably won’t have to deal with that.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    What if I can’t do that, keep ahead of them ?
    CC-2000:
    No problem Prax, you got the fastest Vessel in the Chiron Fleet, and you got the Borg beat hands down, ok !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    No kidding, I didn’t know that, wow !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh gees, I wish you hadn’t told him that, we’ll never hear the last of it now. Anyway, hopefully it won’t come to any of this, I’m hoping B’iJik will get in and out without an incident.
    CC-2000:
    Remember Prax, I’ll be monitoring your Vessel and the Probe that is stationed by the exit, and I’ll try to help keep you out of too much trouble, ok !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Anything else Prax, if not, just show up at the Coordinates as soon as you can, and we’ll go from there.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Will do SW, and CC I really appreciate all the tips here, just what do you do over there at Corporate ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahh...well...OH, I operate the Computer System for SW, ahh...that’s about it.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh ok, that’s good, and it’s real good to have met you, maybe we can meet in person sometime soon.
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh...well YEA, that may happen before long, and nice to have met you too.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, if there’s nothing else, let’s get back to work, and keep in mind, this stuff is HIGHLY Classified ok, bye Prax.
    PRAXIM-CAP1: Clear
    PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
    CC-2000:
    SW, you sure are going to a lot of trouble, to make sure things are covered here.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, there’s a very good reason for that, I don’t want to go on record, as THE person responsible for causing the Borg to Assimilate the Alpha Quadrant, see.
    CC-2000:
    Oh...
    HOUSTON-9400:
    And another thing, not bad on the Tactical, not bad at all. Bye for now CC.
    HOUSTON-9400: Clear
    CC-2000:
    Uoo YEA !

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Great sequence...is the Zeus a real star trek ship? Loved the dialog and Prax is an interesting character..keep it up!!!

Rob

6. SWHouston

Rob,
    Almost all of the Ships I "use", are ReFits of the Constellation Class. A few post back...
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=3978034&postcount=7
    I mentioned that Chiron split the Constellation Vessel in (horizontal) half's, and they now have the ability to receive "Modules" which fit in between the upper and lower half, for various purposes. At some point, I hope that I can provide a drawing of how that works.

This is a Spoiler alert of sorts.........
    The (now mature) character of Prax/Praxim, is the step/adopted son of Neelix.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  7. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Telecom – Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy – Telecom – Voice
    Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
    To:
    CC-2000:
    SW, I have an update for you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Let’s have it !
    CC-2000:
    The Agamemnon has arrived, and moving into position to receive the extra Modules for the Zeus.
    And if no delays occur, Captain Thara should be able to arrive at the Conduit in six hours.
    The Chiron’s Dilithium Cargo has been unloaded, and it resupplied for its standard Route.
    The Osiris and Hercules should arrive at the Transwarp Conduit exit within twenty minutes.
    The Zeus will arrive there in one hour.
    I have contacted the Hugh Conglomerate, and they are anxiously awaiting the Cattle, and one of them is very disgruntled with his situation there.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ohh gees, I forgot about those whatevers, oh yea Cattle, for them. But you say one of them is disgruntled, how ?
    CC-2000:
    It is the group member Goval, he, well, he has a family, wife and children, and...well, he wants to be with them quite badly. I...I just didn’t know what to tell him other than to remind him of his Implants, and the outcome of removing them.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, what’s the matter, you sound like you’re very sad, I think !
    CC-2000:
    I am, really am, oh SW, if you could only have heard him, he’s in SO much pain, not physically, but he wants to be with his family so much, it really made me sad to hear him pleading with me for help. I told him that removing them completely would mean his death, and he said that would be preferable, as long as he could be with his family when he died.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh wow CC, I am SO sorry you had to hear that, I’m not saying that I’m unconcerned with what he’s going through, but yes, I remember about those Borg who removed their Implants, they died, and there’s nothing we can do about that at our present level of technology.
    CC-2000:
    Are you sure SW, isn’t there anything we can do, maybe..remove the implants and take him back to his home world, anything..please...
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh wow CC, you’re crying I think, your voice is shaking just like you were a real person.
    CC-2000:
    I’m sorry, I can’t help it, I just feel so SO bad that those people have had to go through that, and so many still are. I realize now what you feel like, wanting to help them like you do.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I know I know exactly what you’re feeling, but let me tell you something...
    When I was in Star Fleet, coming up through the ranks, First Officer then Captain, I had to make a LOT of hard choices. Many times putting people that I thought so highly of, in harm’s way, and knowing, really knowing that I may never see them again.
    This is not much different than that, there’s just a point where you have to put your personal feelings aside, and proceed as best you can.
    I don’t want...I can't tell you not to care, but, you must learn to deal with those issues, put them aside for the good of what we can do, ok.
    CC-2000:
    Yes, I understand SW, but it really hurts to know people like that are in such pain. There must be thousands, no, millions of Drones taken away from their families, even worlds, OHHH WORLDS, how can I hate them and care too !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Aww buddy, I hear your pain and confusion SO well, been there as you know, you remember my “human” vacillations about the Borg, remember...it’s a hard choice, but you must put it in prospective, and go on about your business as best you can.
    CC-2000:
    Yes, of course, there’s nothing we can do. SO many of them, where would we start even.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I don’t have an answer for that, but, we can keep an eye out for one, maybe Dr. Zerem can give us an idea if that removal technology is any better than it was, I’d like to help that guy out, I had a family once, not that it worked out all that well for me, but I know how much I miss my son, and what we could have had together, I know.
    CC-2000:
    Ok yes, can I ask Doctor Zerem about it, or should you ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, you know how much that might cost. The expertise involved, facilities, you’re asking me to maybe put out a big chunk for just one of them.
    CC-2000:
    I know SW, but I want to help him out SO much, you didn’t hear him like I did, he’s just in agony, please, can we just help one, him ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well ok, IF Dr. Zerem can do that, but listen, and listen CLOSE !
    You are NOT to tell anyone about this, not Hugh, not any other member of his group, or, we’re going to have ALL of them wanting to get something done to them. I’m sorry, but, I just can’t take on that level of responsibility, is that understood.
    CC-2000:
    OH YES YES YES, I understand completely ! I won’t say a word to anyone I promise ! But, ahh...how am I going to do this ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Check it out with Zerem first, see what it will take, then discuss it with me. Then, once we have that information, we can come up with a plan. That’ll probably be, just get him out of there without any fanfare, do it at Cold Station, and see if we can get him home before he dies. I don’t even know how long he would have, this may be a mute point, if his home world is on the outer edge of the Delta Quad, or some remote area like that, or if it even exists still, see.
    CC-2000:
    YES !, ohhhh I feel better already, at least we’re doing something.....but....he’s going to die anyway, isn’t he.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Probably CC, but knowing that “we” did something, regardless of how little it was, will really make him happy, and I think it will make us happy too, won’t it !
    CC-2000:
    OH YES SW, it will, thank you for helping him, I know it’s going to cost a lot, but, it’s just the right thing to do, isn’t it.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, it is, and I’m wondering now, just who’s better off, ha, you or Commander Data.
    CC-2000:
    He wouldn’t have given this a second thought, would he.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Probably not.
    CC-2000:
    Well, that’s his problem, somehow, I think I like it, when I care about something.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I like that too CC, a LOT. Anything else ?
    CC-2000:
    No, that’s it SW, and thanks, not only for helping with that Borg, but, talking to me like this, it really means a lot to me.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No problem, you’d be surprised as to how good it makes me feel too. Ok...bye.
    CC-2000:
    Bye for now SW.
    CC-2000: Clear

8. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy Corp. - Chiron Class Vessel

Rob/All,

The first thing I want to do is, apologize to the REAL Artists on this board, for this absolutely crude drawing.
    I thought to give some image of my concept of the Chiron Class Vessel, and this was a very quick put-together.

[​IMG]

As I posted before, any Module will fit any Vessel, in any combination. Though I have identified the modules above with the general use according to the duty of the Vessel, one can stack one or two or ten together if necessary.
    Each of the Modules has it's own "Mini-Bridge" with Thruster Control, where that module can be detached, moved, and re-stacked in space for applicable use.
    All Modules appear to be the same, with Doors which hide their components. A door could open, and you may find a Shuttle Bay or Cargo Hold or Phaser/Torpedo Launchers OR a Turret Mounted Pulse Cannon, which could be extended out for Battle.

Additionally, though the upper and lower halves of the Vessel have Bridges and control of Shields, Weapons and Power, it was not intended for them to Multi-Vector.

Have a good Day ! :)
    S.W.

9. SWHouston

Com Level: COLD STATION 12 CS12-F41U9T SECURED:
    To: ZEREM-SS472:
    SEARCH ALL DATABASES – BORG – IMPLANTS
    TRANSFER DATA – COLD STATION SERVER 01
    COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST SS472 SENT
    REQUEST ACCEPTED

ZEREM-SS472:
    [​IMG]
    Zerem, may I help you ?

CC-2000:
    Hello Doctor Zerem, this is the LCARS CC-2000 Computer, we have communicated before.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    Yes Computer, you need not remind me.
    CC-2000:
    Oh ahh ok, I have a situation with one of the Borg of the Hugh Conglomeration. His name is Goval, and he wishes that we might help him return to his Home World, and has requested that we remove his Implants. I have just now updated your files on all related material, and I would like your opinion on that. If you need some time to digest or evaluate this request, that is possible.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    He will die, no new data will change that.
    CC-2000:
    I understand that, but I wondered if there may be any hope that his Species may have any increased ability to maintain themselves under those circumstances, my question actually being, can you estimate how long he would be able to live, after complete extraction.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    As I recall, there were several different Species who had their Implants removed, and given the lack of information we have on various Species in general, estimating a variation in his ability to maintain himself would be speculative at best. But, why are you asking this, I’m quite busy, he is only one Borg.
    CC-2000:
    Doctor, just from my conversation with SW about this, it appears that Goval may be the only one of the Borg which he would like to do this to, won’t you please check the probabilities of his recovery.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    Well, I’m looking at his file now, he’s an Argelian, that’s a Class III Humanoid, he wouldn’t last over two months even with an Antibiotic regimen, that’s the problem, the Immune System is disabled, and we just don’t know how to restore it.
    CC-2000:
    I see, but, would installing Nanoprobes help him, don’t they have the ability to repair tissue, like that ?
    ZEREM-SS472:
    Computer, no, it’s not a Tissue problem, it’s Systemic, nothing works after it’s violated like the Implants do, he already has Nanoprobes in him, and if it matters, he’s been restricted like the others, from injecting any into another being.
    CC-2000:
    I don’t understand that.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    One of the first things we do to a new Borg, is prevent him from Assimilating another, by blocking the Tubules from transferring any Nanoprobes. We don’t prevent them from extending, just their ability to transmit. I’ve processed all of the Borg at that facility, and the two we have here now for that.
    CC-2000:
    ALERT RECEIVED – COMMUNICATION – PCV HERCULES – ARRIVED DESTINATION
    I see Doctor, but could you estimate just how long it would take to remove Goval’s implants ?
    ZEREM-SS472:
    Ohhh about four hours of Surgery, and given his Species, maybe a week of Recovery. Are we really going to do this ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes Doctor, it probably will only be for this one person, but I’m sure that it will be ordered soon.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    Very well then, I’ll start getting things together, it’s not a simple procedure.
    CC-2000:
    ALERT RECEIVED – COMMUNICATION – PCV OSIRIS – ARRIVED DESTINATION
    I understand Doctor, and I appreciate your attention to this matter, sincerely.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    I should say that usually I don’t like communicating with Computers at all, but I feel differently with you, you have a nice way about you.
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’m not sure that all who I communicate with would agree with you, but, communicating with such a competent Physician and efficient Manager as you, has a profound impact on my manners.
    ZEREM-SS472:
    OH well thank you !, if I can help you with anything else, please let me know, I’m always glad to assist the Corporate Facility when I can, but I’m sure you’ll mention that to SW, right.
    CC-2000:
    OF COURSE !, goodbye Doctor.
    ZEREM-SS472: CLEAR
    COLD STATION 12 CS12-F41U9T RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
    CC-2000:
    SW, ya busy ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Naaaaa, just contemplating the fate of the Alpha Quadrant, what ya got ?
    CC-2000:
    Both of the Osiris and Hercules have arrived at the Conduit, and I have recommended that they take up station behind it. That might give them a Tactical advantage should a Cube exit.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Awww CC, that underhanded, you’d shoot a Cube in the back !
    CC-2000:
    In a heartbeat if I had to SW, our People are “first” when it comes to the Borg. But, do you need to speak to the Captains ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Atta boy, but not right now, when everyone shows up I’ll get with them then.
    CC-2000:
    Understood, and I have spoken to Doctor Zerem about doing the Implant extractions on Goval.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That was fast, what’d he have to say ?
    CC-2000:
    As the records support, he wasn’t all that hopeful for any extended period of life. He said Goval may have a couple months, and that was with Antibiotics, the Immune System is the problem evidently.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, I read that somewhere, but how far does he live from Cold Station ?
    CC-2000:
    Oh, Goval is an Argelian, that’s Argelius II, here in the Alpha Quadrant.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh well, that’s not bad then, just about anyone can run him over there. But one wonders how in the world the Borg got hold of an Argelian ?
    CC-2000:
    SW, Captain Maxwell is on CCom for you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Put him through CC.
    CC-2000:
    PCV CHIRON CHIGCO C96N2R CONNECT TO CCOM

MAXWELL RR-1:
    [​IMG]
    SW, I’m all loaded up now, and WOW, I saw how the Modules were loaded, stacked for Thara, that’s slick as a Baby’s butt, HA !

HOUSTON-9400:
    CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
    THEY DID HAVE SOME HELP THERE !
    HA yea I know, but I suppose you can leave now, gotta keep those customers happy.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    I understand, and I see I have a new Route, right !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Just temporary Ben, wanna keep you close to the Conduit, just in case, ok.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Understood Boss, and you know we’ll smoke um if we have to.
    CC-2000:
    SW, Captain Thara on CCom.
    PCV AGAMEMNON CHIGCO A38Y5H CONNECT TO CCOM

THARA- CAP-1:
    [​IMG]
    SW, excuse me for butting in, but we’ve got the Modules set, and are about to leave, that ok ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure Thara, and this time you can pour the Coal to that old Bird, ok.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Understood SW, and we have a new temporary Route as well, so goodbye for now.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Stay safe Thara !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Same here Thara, and bye.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well SW, like I said, if you need me just say so, we’re ready and willing to help.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Thanks Ben, I’m sure hoping I’m overreacting to this, but I’ll keep that in mind, bye.
    PCV AGAMEMNON CHIGCO A38Y5H RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
    MAXWELL RR-1: CLEAR
    PCV CHIRON CHIGCO C96N2R RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well CC, no outburst of enthusiasm about the possibility of going to War !
    CC-2000:
    No SW, I’ve been reviewing the “Teachings of Sarek”.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OH GEES, not VULCAN LOGIC !
    CC-2000:
    HA HA HA !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    WHEW !, by CC.

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy Corp. - Chiron Class Vessel

This is a great picture! I can actually visualize what you're doing now. While I was in activte duty (i am retired now) I was always amazed at how the supply folks could cram so much stuff into an aircraft carrier or the other ships I served on. One of my best friends was Master Chief who worked in supply. Needless to say, when I wanted new boots, or anything that was hard to get, I would go to him. Penthouse magazines were pretty much worth gold back in those days.

Anyway, great graphic!!!

Rob

11. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Open Channel – Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Open Channel – Voice
    Com Level: NOT SECURE – AS NOTED
    Clearance Level Validation: NONE
    COM REQUEST -STAR FLEET - SF211 LINK
    LINK – SUBSPACE DQUAD.COM – USER25447
    LINK – BAXIAL – NEELIX-CAP1
    COM REQUEST ACCEPTED

CC-2000:
    This is Chiron Corporate, how may I help you ?

NEELIX-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    My name is Neelix, and my Son told me to ask for a Mr. Houston, he’s supposed to be the Boss over there.

CC-2000:
    Ahh yes he is, but may I inquire as to the nature of your request, Sir ?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Ahh well, Prax told me he was a nice guy, and I’d like to do some business with him, is he available ?
    CC-2000:
    Mr. Neelix, please be more specific, Mr. Houston is pretty busy, and if you don’t come up with something pretty solid, other than your Son working for Chiron, I’m going to have to delay or prevent your contact with him, sorry Sir.
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Well ok, I wanted to talk to him about buying a Ship from Chiron, and Prax said he would be the person to talk to about it, is that good enough ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes Sir it is, and please stand by for a moment, and I’ll see if Mr. Houston is available, thank you.
    HOLD – COM LINK

CC-2000:
    SW, sorry about the interruption, but I have a Mr. Neelix on a Star Fleet Subspace Link, his son is Captain Praxim, and he wants to talk to you about buying a Ship from Chiron. Also, I cannot assure a secure line.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh yea that’s ok, I think I remember seeing somewhere that he was Prax’s dad, put him on.
    COM LINK TRANSFERRED – HOUSTON9400

HOUSTON-9400:
    Hello Mr. Neelix, what can I do for you today, Sir ?

NEELIX-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    Aww Mr. Houston, please, it’s just Neelix, my boy Prax said to call you, he speaks very highly of you, and I thought I’d see if we could do some business, Sir.

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, and if it’s just Neelix, then I’m just SW. And I certainly appreciate Prax saying that, but, just what kind of business could we do ?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Well SW, I need a ship, and since Prax works for the Premier Ship Builder of the Alpha Quadrant, I thought it would be right to give you first chance on it, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    SET REQUEST – CREDIT – DIRECT TO – ISHKA-9403
    REPORT – NEELIX – ATTACH STAR FLEET PERSONAL FILE - SEND
    Well, I really appreciate that Neelix, but customarily we don’t usually make Private Vessels, not that we haven’t at one time, but we’re pretty much into Commercial Vehicles.
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    I understand that Sir, but I’m not interested in a Private Ship, I already have one as shabby as it is. I was interested in getting something with a little more kick, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CREDIT – DENIED – NO VERIFIABLE MEANS OF INCOME - ISHKA-9403
    I see, please understand I can’t assure a secure channel here, but, I’m not quite sure what you mean by “kick”, you’re probably referring to Weapons, is that right.
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Yes, we need something that will stand up to the Haakonians, we are tired of living on that Asteroid, and want to move back to our home world.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    STAR FLEET PERSONNEL FILE – NEELIX – AVAILABLE - PRESS F5
    I see, umm.....ahh..MANUAL KEY F5 DISPLAY..., Neelix, are you sure that just one Vessel is going to be enough, from what I ahh..remember, umm....they took over your Planet, and did some serious damage to your Race, so one Ship ? MANUAL KEY F5 RETURN
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Well, I’d like to have a Hundred, but, we think if we just get a foothold somewhere on Rinax, we can defend it, especially with a good strong Ship and mine, and go from there. We’d rebuild, get our home back, plus, I’m not certain that they would put up that much of a fight now.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, so...what you’re asking Chiron to do is, get in the middle of a Civil War ?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    NO No no, you wouldn’t have to do anything but give us the Ship, we wouldn’t involve you in any way, I promise that, Sir !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahhh....give you !?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Ahh well Sir, I’m sure we could work out a deal about the cost, but we’d sure like it if you were to go ahead and let us have it, and we could work that out later, couldn’t we, Sir !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Neelix, just about anything I could build, even with a Used Hull from somewhere, would cost in the Thousands, of BRICKS of Latinum. Are you familiar with that level of Currency ?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Well...not exactly, but, I’m sure it’s a LOT of money, but, until we get our feet on the ground there, we just don’t have the resources immediately available.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Is this Neelix the Talaxian or Neelix the Ferengi ?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    HA HA HA, well Sir, we’re both notorious Traders, but, I hope my reputation with Star Fleet would count for something.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Speaking of Star Fleet, have you tried to speak to them about this issue, they would probably be able to come up with a Vessel a lot quicker than Chiron can.
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Well actually yes, I spoke to Captain Tuvok and Admiral Barkley, we’re old friends from the Voyager days, and....well Reg said it was unwise for them to involve with any Civil discontent, that Prime Directive stuff, you know how it gets in the way, right Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Very well in deed, but wow, ADMIRAL Barkley, I sure didn’t see that coming. But anyway Neelix, I may can help you out, we may have some used equipment around here, but, you’d have to furnish the Ship.
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    OHhhh...well...I...don’t know if we could do that, BUT, that’s a start, just let me ask around a little over here, and maybe we can come up with something, is there anything you have in mind ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well Neelix, if you’re going to have much in it, it can’t be very small, takes some room and decks to stuff things in, ok ?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    So, my ship the Baxial wouldn’t work then, would it ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    A Cargo Shuttle, no, needs to be bigger if you really want something that will work.
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Understood Sir, and we’ll get it somehow, can I get back to you at some point, please ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Be looking forward to it Neelix, and I’m sure it won’t cost very much, ok.
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    Oh...ahh yes Sir, cost, well, yes we can discuss that later too, ok Sir ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure, anything else ?
    NEELIX-CAP1:
    No Sir, that’s it, so, talk to you later, goodbye.
    NEELIX-CAP1: Clear
    COM REQUEST -STAR FLEET - SF211 LINK
    LINK – SUBSPACE DQUAD.COM – USER25447
    LINK – BAXIAL – COM CLOSED
    CC-2000:
    SW, now come on, do I sense that you may actually help him out !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Weeeel....seems like a good cause, and, he’s Prax’s Dad, right !
    CC-2000:
    That and a Bolian Fickle, won’t even buy you a cup of Coffee on DS9 !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    What else we going to do with that old crap we got stacked up out there, I remember some old Type VIII Phasers and a Torpedo Array just laying around.
    CC-2000:
    Well yea...and I thought the Borg were lucky.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Tell ya what, see if you can find out just how powerful those Haakonian ships are, and anything else we may need, ok, just so we’ll know what he’s up against.
    CC-2000:
    Ohhhh...ok Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, what’s the matter ?
    CC-2000:
    No profit !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ferengi !
    CC-2000:
    Bill Payer ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh yea, ya got a point.....but do it anyway, bye.
    CC-2000: CLEAR

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  12. SWHouston

Com Level: SECURED – ALL TRANSPORT VESSELS – CCOM UNIVERSAL PATCH
    Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATIONS ROTATING
    With: PCV AGAMEMNON CHIGCO A38Y5H SECURED
    With: PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V SECURED
    With: PCV HERCULES CHIGCO H44G8U SECURED
    With: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED
    With: PCV CHIRON CHIGCO C96N2R SECURED
    CC-2000:
    SW, the Agamemnon has just arrived at the Coordinates.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Great, let’s get everybody on CCom including the Osiris and K’mlhet, and they need to have CCom available to him for the duration of this mission.
    CC-2000:
    Understood Sir, making the connections now, all stations answering, go ahead Sir.

K’MLHET-9407:
    [​IMG]
    Yes Leader, I am here now.

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, hello everybody, what’s going on now, someone ?

THARA- CAP-1:
    [​IMG]
    SW, we’ve just arrived, and I’m detaching the Power and Weapons Modules now.

B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    [​IMG]
    Leader, I have already released my Cargo Modules, and will mount the new Modules briefly. The Computer has transported the Transwarp Coil into position, and I am running a diagnostic program on it now.

PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    [​IMG]
    SW, I’ve taken one of B’iJik’s Cargo Modules on already, and just thought I’d stick around for a minute or two, if that’s ok.

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok Eric, Prax, you there ?

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    OH, I’m sorry Sir, I didn’t know I was supposed to say anything !

HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s ok, but we’re going to give you and K’mlhet access to the CCom during this mission, that way if something happens over there, you can contact everyone at the same time, ok.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Understood Sir.

MAXWELL RR-1:
    [​IMG]
    That includes me Prax, not that I’ll be very close. SW, just wanted to let you know I’m listening and aware, if there’s anything I can do, be glad to.

HOUSTON-9400:
    Glad you're here on this Party Line too Ben, but as long as I have everyone here now, I thought to bring all of you up on what may happen if things go like I think they will.
    Just to sum things up, B’iJik is going in to find a Hub, then, out quick and report. We can talk about that when it happens, and IF there’s a good reason for him to go back in, that will happen then, and conditionally only.
    Now, IF that happens, and there’s some or a lot of work to do Mapping the Conduits, that’s going to present a problem. That being, that we have Routes to go on, to keep the bucks rolling in, and that’s what makes me want to bring those extra Cargo Ships out of Mothballs.
    If I do that, we’re going to have to have Captains for them, and not inexperienced ones, that leaves you guys, Thara to, ha.
    So, you Transport Captains, start conditioning your First Officers to do the Routes, just in case you haven’t already, cause IF this goes like I think it will, I’m going to be moving all of you over to Mapping Missions in those three Cargo Ships. Any questions ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Sir, will I be able to Map those Conduits too, I want to help as much as I can.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Prax, bless your heart young fella, but no, you just don’t have the hours under your belt for this kind of duty YET, ok, but thank you for wanting to help out, I just got to rely on my more experienced people this time. Any other questions ?

(CCom pause – no verbal information detected)

B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Leader, our Modules have been secured, and I am ready to serve you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok everyone, CC, I and K’mlhet need to talk to B’iJik privately for a moment, and I want all unnecessary crew on the Zeus, transported to the Agamemnon, get that done.

CC-2000:
    Stand by Sir, I’m clearing the Channels.
    HOLD SELECTED CHANNELS
    Done Sir, you may proceed.

HOUSTON-9400:
    B’iJik, I know you to be a strong Warrior, worthy of my trust in you.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Thank you Leader, such words honor me and my Family.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I know you will be careful and try to avoid any detection by the Borg, but, should that occur, you must not lead our enemies back to this Quadrant, is that understood.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes Leader, I understand that.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I do not want any of you to die, or be Assimilated by the Borg, but, should that be eminent, you must destroy your Vessel, with all hands, is that understood.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes Leader, if I must, then, this WILL be a good day to die.
    K’MLHET-9407:
    Stories will be told of this, you will be honored. QAPLA’, B’iJik !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok CC, put everyone back online now.

CC-2000:
    Stand by Sir, I am reconnecting the Channels.
    SELECTED CHANNELS REINSTATED
    Done Sir, you may proceed.

HOUSTON-9400:
    All stations, on your Feet !
    Captain B’iJik, that is all, you may depart when ready.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Good luck Captain B’iJik, come back safely to us !
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    Qapla’ B’iJik, we’ll be waiting on your safe return.
    THARA- CAP-1:
    Be careful B’iJik, we’ll be waiting for you.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Good luck B’iJik, give um hell for us !
    CC-2000:
    Sir and Captains, the Zeus has entered the Transwarp Conduit, good luck to all of us.

(CCom pause – Visual Field Correlate – All Personnel Standing - No verbal information detected)

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ohh wow....I..ahh...don’t have anything else to say right now, so, I’ll let you guys get to work.
    PRAXIM-CAP1: CLEAR
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1: CLEAR
    MAXWELL RR-1: CLEAR
    K’MLHET-9407: CLEAR
    ALL UNITS OPEN CCOM – CONNECT FULL TIME
    VISUAL RECOGNITION – NOTE SW HEAD IN HANDS – VISUAL FIELD CORRELATE
    COMMUNICATIONS NOT RECOMMENDED AT THIS TIME

13. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV OXFORD CHIRON CHIGCO OX57D75R SECURED:
    CC-2000:
    SW, I hate to bother you right now, I know you’re thinking about so many things, but, I have a rather strange com request, from Pappy, do you know who that is ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, yea, that’s the Master Chief of the Repair Facility at DS9, he runs the PCV Oxford for me. Put him through !

MCCONE-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    Hay SW ya old Space Dog, how ya doing, buddy !

HOUSTON-9400:
    Pappy, dang it’s good to hear from you, why don’t ya call me up more !?
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    AWW, ain’t got nuthin to say most times, but, ran into a little problem just a few minutes ago.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Really, what happened ?
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    Well, we got a Service Call out here to this Denobulan Ship, just a transporter. They were trying to get somewhere in too big a hurry, and burned a hole in a Power Conduit.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Happens.
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    Yea, but anyway, after we started out toward them, and were almost there, they started transmitting an Emergency Distress Signal, so I put the pedal to the metal and when we got there, a Klingon Ship had um in a Tractor Beam, and was trying to board um.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No kidding, and the Denobulans didn’t like that ?
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    NO WAY buddy, they were trying to pull away from the Klingons, and well, I know how you feel about killing anybody, so, I set the Cannon on wide beam, and gave um a little bump.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    A BUMP, HA, I bet they thought they ran into some Planet, and it didn’t give any !
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    HA YEA, I could visualize them guys picking themselves up off the Floor of the Bridge, but, the Computer said there were only “minor” injuries, HA !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA, “minor” HA, but did you run um off ?
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    Oh hell yea, that’s the fastest I’ve EVER seen one of those old pieces of Klingon junk, get going !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Wow, that hasn’t happened in a long time Pappy, I sure hope we don’t have any of those guys starting to try to take ships over, like they have at times.
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    Well I don’t know about that, I just wanted to mention it to ya, and let you take the Flack, if the Klingon Government jumped on anybody.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, throw it off on me will ya, but, I doubt if they would have approved of any action like that, I know you’re kidding anyway.
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    I am buddy, but there ya are, just wanted to say it, and a belated howdy too.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Is that it, you have to shoot at someone before you can call me up and say hello, do you need another box of them Cuban Cigars you’re killing yourself with ?
    MCCONE-CAP1:
    HA HA, if I die of anything, it won’t be a Cigar, BUT, I’ll make sure I got a smile on my face at the time, OH BUT, I got someone here that wants to talk to you, here he is....

HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    Hello SW, I just thought I’d report in, I’m here and working with Pappy.

HOUSTON-9400:
    HUTCH, you on the Ship with them, I didn’t know he’d pack you up and take you on a Repair Call so soon !
    HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    I wanted to go SW, how else am I going to see what these guys do, but, I didn’t expect to have to go into battle with them, HA !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Don’t put anything past Pappy McCone, he’s the best Master Chief I got in my whole fleet.
    HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    I believe you’re right SW, and he told me not to call him Captain, said something about not having an English accent, and glad of it, HA !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA, YEA, him and Picard had a run in once, and I don’t know if Pappy has forgotten it, but, I bet Piccard hasn’t, HA HA HA !
    HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    SW, he’s holding up his hand with the “middle finger” extended, I think he remembers.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA, WOW, that’s what he did to Picard HA HA HA ! Uoo gees, my side is hurting, but, you ok, any battle damage, HA HA ?
    HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    No SW, I’m just fine, and let me say, wow, my accommodations on the Bahamas, and Monte Carlo, that was FIRST CLASS all the way, thank you SO much for that.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Aww don’t mention it Hutch, want to make sure my people are taken care of.
    HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    Mr. Houston..ahh SW, you don’t know how much I appreciate working for Chiron, I...well.. I thought things were over for me, and...well thank you for everything.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Hay, ahh... you seen any old friends around Quarks yet ?
    HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    OH, no I haven’t, I’ve only been there once, yesterday night, but, I did say hello to Quark, and mentioned that I’d be around for a few days.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s good, that may be all you need to do, so, let’s see what happens.
    HUTCHINSON--CAP1:
    My thoughts too SW, but, I don’t want to take up your time, so, I’ll say good bye.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok bye Hutch. PAPPY, you take care, hear !
    MCCONE-CAP1: (BACKGROUND SOURCE)
    Take care SW, and when did you say you’d be sending that Box of Cigars, HA HA HA !
    MCCONE-CAP1: CLEAR
    PCV OXFORD CHIRON CHIGCO OX57D75R CHANNEL CLOSED
    CC-2000:
    SW, I was about to report that incident, but Chief McCone said he would call you himself, is that ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well yea, I’m surprised he even mentioned it, he’s dealt with a lot of those Raiders out there, Maquis, all of them at one time or another.
    CC-2000:
    I was about to suggest a light Phaser blast to the Klingon ship, but he said for me to shut up, and get out of the way !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA, yea, that’s Pappy, he likes to do things his way, HA !
    CC-2000:
    Well no harm was done, and, I’m very glad to see you in a better mood.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea well, it won’t last long, I can’t help but think about those guys out there.
    CC-2000:
    SW, may I ask...you chose Captain B’iJik for the mission, why, I don’t think your previous explanation was completely accurate, am I right ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well in part it was CC, but, if things go sour out there, I know I can count on B’iJik to not let it get back over here and mess things up.
    CC-2000:
    The Self Destruct Order is that what you mean ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, it is.
    CC-2000:
    I understand, and yes, choosing him was a wise choice, and, I’m not Brown Nosing either, I’ve monitored B’iJik, and yes, he has the strength to do that if necessary. Oh, one more thing in a lighter mood, but, I downloaded some of the Tactical Evasive Maneuvers to the Osiris, just in case, and Captain Praxim has conducted two Battle Drills, since the Zeus left the Quadrant.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Battle Drills, with a Cargo equipped Vessel and Crew, WOW, I’d like to have seen that, HA HA !
    CC-2000:
    Actually, he’s done quite well, and he agrees, Seatbelts would be a good idea, he mentioned that after going through one that I set up specially for him.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    REALLY, you, came up with a Evasive Tactical plan, just how did you do that ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ve been searching through some older records from Star Fleet, and found where a Captain Archer had an encounter with a strange Romulan Vessel, which disguised it’s self as various other vessels.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahhh yea, wow, that was a long time ago !
    CC-2000:
    Yes, but, a Sub-Commander T’Pol captured quite a bit of information on the Vessel, and I used it’s Maneuvers to set up the routines for the Osiris. The way the Osiris is equipped, makes it quite agile.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, so, you think it could actually keep from getting hooked by a Cube ?
    CC-2000:
    I know it SW, I’ll make sure of that, but, Captain Praxim won’t be able to hurt the Cube very much, unless I can get the Cube’s shields down, then his Phasers will be effective.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, I was thinking about refitting those Vessels anyway, if we need to put them on Mapping. OH yea, get a memo out to the Dock Chief here, and have him go through those other three Ships, ok.
    CC-2000:
    Those being the PCV Sekhmet, Anubis and Hathor, is that correct ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, those are the ones.
    CC-2000:
    SW, those names, they are from Earth, Egyptian/Greek Mythology, right ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, I was thinking about naming them, the O’Neill, Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter and Teal’c.
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh man, that’s a crazy show, who’d ever believe there could be such a thing as a Stargate ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA HA !
    CC-2000:
    Ahh yes, humor, so therapeutic.

14. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Voice
    Com Level: COM REQUEST -ISME – RC47-RE4
    Clearance Level Validation: NOT REQUIRED
    CC-2000:
    SW, I have a Doctor Phlox of the Interspecies Medical Exchange on subspace, he wants to thank you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Geees I’ll take that one for sure, the way things are going now a days !
    LINK CONNECTED
    [​IMG]
    Hello Doctor, how may I help you today ?

PHLOX-RE4:
    [​IMG]
    Mr. Houston, ahhh...do you know a person named Pappy McCone, Sir ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, well yes I do, he works for me, why ?
    PHLOX-RE4:
    Good, then I do have the right Company, not that the name Chiron is not all that common.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh no it’s not, is there a problem, is everything ok ?
    PHLOX-RE4:
    Oh Mr. Houston, ok is not the word, FANTASTIC, describes it much better, your employee Mr. McCone and your Ship saved my wife’s life, I think, she said she was very worried that those Klingons would kill all of them.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, well I’m glad we could help out there, but, when things like that happen, very rarely do they kill anyone, it’s mostly a case of Robbery. The formal Klingon Government does not authorize attacks like that.
    PHLOX-RE4:
    OH, so this type activity. Raids are common place in that Sector !?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    To a point Sir, we haven’t had a problem with that for some while now, but when you’re helpless in Space, and can’t communicate that over a secure link, you do open yourself up to problems possibly.
    PHLOX-RE4:
    I see, but never the less, your employee had the choice of backing off, and not doing anything to prevent that incident.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh well yes, he could have chosen not to intervene, but, we don’t go out there unprepared, our ships are very well equipped to handle things like that, and your repairs too. Many of the parts and equipment we carry for that, is rather expensive, so, we have to be ready to defend ourselves.
    PHLOX-RE4:
    Well that be as it may, you did come to their defense, and in their opinion saved lives and the material that was on the Ship. OH, that may be what they were after, they had a quantity of Biomimetic Compounds with them.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    UOO, glad we could help then, that stuff doesn’t need to be in nefarious hands. In the preparation for transporting it, you may have had a security leak, and that caused it.
    PHLOX-RE4:
    So, your ships are powerful, and you’re used to carrying expensive and I presume delicate equipment, would you entertain an agreement with the Medical Exchange, for transporting items like that for us ? That would just leave the transporting of our Personnel.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well I can help you out on both issues, we have Intra-planetary. Intra-System and Intra-galactic Transport services for personnel. We’re in business of helping people out like that, is that something you would like to discuss in detail with one of our representatives ?
    PHLOX-RE4:
    Yes, I certainly would, at least in a preliminary state, cost and ability to deliver where and when needed. But, exactly what is Chiron, a Security Corporation, like that ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA no, not at all, we actually design and manufacture Space Vehicles, develop required technology and re-fit Vessels for modernization, we just happen to carry big sticks.
    PHLOX-RE4:
    HA HA, that works well apparently, but, I’m taking up too much of your time. If you will, please direct me to the proper area there, and I’ll discuss our needs with your representative.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No problem Doctor, I’ll let my assistant CC, redirect your call, and it was very nice talking to you Sir.
    PHLOX-RE4:
    Mr. Houston, in closing with you, I want to thank you VERY much for doing that for my Wife and her associates, they were very afraid for their lives, and my wife Feezal was quite taken with Mr. McCone.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh ahh.. that’s nice..ahh, but I appreciate your thanks, and CC, redirect Doctor Phlox’s call to Miss Delhius’ offices. Goodbye Doctor.
    CC-2000:
    Stand by Doctor Phlox.
    REDIRECT PHLOX-RE4 to JOVAL-9410
    CC-2000:
    SW, can we talk about Doctor Phlox’s needs a little ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I suppose, what ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ve read about Companies which do Security Work for people, couldn’t we have such a service, Special Transports like those big things that carry money down on the Planet.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OH an Armored Vehicle for lots of money or special people, like that, and YEA, if there’s a market for it, no problem !
    CC-2000:
    Maybe both together, a place for the Passengers, and their stuff, whatever that may be.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Might need a variety of Vehicles to accommodate things like that, why don’t you check into it.
    CC-2000:
    ME !?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Your idea !, bye.
    CC-2000:
    Ohhhh...

15. SWHouston

CC-2000:
    SW, I have some information on my Transportation Project, wanna talk about it ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh you do !, ahh ok, go ahead.
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ve monitored Doctor Phlox and Joval’s conversation, and I admit I am operating on somewhat limited resources at this time, but, given that there seems to be a need as we discussed, I’ve found a Vessel which can be modified, to accommodate most instances of need.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Wait a minute, you actually did something with this !
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, you said for me to do it, if I understood you correctly, did I ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, I was trying to teach you a lesson, and it apparently backfired on me.
    CC-2000:
    What lesson !?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, there have been numerous very good ideas, which have gone by the wayside, flunked is a better term, because the person who thought of it, was assigned to follow through with it, and he or she wasn’t qualified to do so. Subsequently a loss of a good venture. I didn’t expect you to do well at an evaluation like this. I’m glad that I was wrong, but, remember, just because someone thought of something, doesn’t mean they are the ones who should follow through with it, ok.
    CC-2000:
    Oh, I guess I’ve done well then, right ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well I don’t know that yet, let’s hear what you have.
    CC-2000:
    Ok, then succinctly...
    There is a limited need for a Transport Vessel of this nature.
    I’ve found an old Danube Class Runabout at Z15, which could be refitted to accommodate the need.
    Normally, this vessel could carry about 40 people, but I had some other ideas for that too.
    It could be put into use immediately, but, if the updates are approved, it may take a while to get it in service.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh...Danube ?

CC-2000:
    Here, I have a Picture of it...
    [​IMG]
    This is it.

HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh yes, I remember those, there were several stationed at DS9, right. And, you want to do what to it ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, upgrades on everything. Give up some room for possibly some small Private Quarters, small sleeping rooms, I’ve noticed that most Women don’t like to sleep out in a Public area, whereas Men seem to be ok with it.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, that’s quite considerate of you, and you’re right for the most part, what else ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, just to cut down on the payroll point of view, it could have an Automated Synthetic Person, or technician available, to serve the Patrons, bring them Food if it was a very long journey, just be there for them. Also, if there were any problems, like someone boarding the craft, a Synthetic could protect them a lot better than an Organic, OH, I don’t mean to put humans down, but they are rather fragile.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, wow, you’ve actually come up with something here, I especially like the NON paid personnel, what else !
    CC-2000:
    Well, that does leave a position open for a Pilot, he would have to be paid, and well, maybe sit around for times, when his services aren’t needed, BUT, I anticipate very vigorous usage of this type Vessel.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Hay, I’m sold on the idea, you don’t have to give me a sales pitch, but, what if the Pilot was Automated too, think that would work ?
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh ahh well, I’m not to sure about that, most Humanoids like to interface with a real person, specially one who is like in charge, they like to have that contact, I think it makes them feel more secure.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I am absolutely and positively SHOCKED, at what you’ve done here ! Besides a few details yet, you’ve taken a person’s feelings into consideration in several ways, tried to save me money, found a Vessel which would perform the task well enough, wow !
    CC-2000:
    Well thank you, I try to be aware of other’s feelings about things, but I considered a Defiant Class Vessel too, but, it was too big to be efficient. But, like if the Pilot was Automated, a large View Screen could be placed in the front of the Passenger Compartment, and I could display the Space ahead of the Vessel, with an image of someone Piloting it, or a Movie if they wanted to see one. He or it could turn around and smile at the Passengers now and then, how about that ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    AHH HA HA HA, wow, ok, there’s another job I don’t have to tie a salary to, keep going !
    CC-2000:
    That’s really about it, true, some detail with accommodations need be decided on, but, OH, in case there was a need for more of this type Vessel, there are several available, making the retrofits a standard procedure, that may save cost too.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    It always does, that’s why I usually make four or more of a Vessel retrofit, so, ok, make the deal for the Ship, and get it back here for the refit.
    CC-2000:
    ME !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Your Idea !
    CC-2000:
    Hay, I thought you were just testing me, you didn’t say it was for real !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Such is the prerogative of a Manager, I can change my mind, get it done ! Oh, and you got to have a name for it too.
    CC-2000:
    Ahhhh OK, I got one.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That being..?
    CC-2000:
    The PCV Houston.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Awwwww wow you’re kidding, you would name a Vessel after me !
    CC-2000:
    Hay, Archer has schools named after him, and he didn’t do nearly as much for the Federation as you have. Well, that’s my opinion anyway.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, that notwithstanding, it is very thoughtful of you to do that, ok, PCV Houston it is.
    CC-2000:
    OH WAIT, if the Pilot is Automated too, that means that I’ll be the Pilot !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yeaaa, that’s part of the job apparently, you up to it ?
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, I can do that, I just never thought about it, you keep changing the rules !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA yea, I’m full of surprises, but, so are you, and pleasant ones at that. But, one more thing. On the upgrades, they’re going to have to be top stuff, you’re going to have to make this little guy tough and VERY strong, remember those people will be very valuable, beyond just being people, and, the Cargo they may require us to carry, could be very attractive to someone, ya see.
    CC-2000:
    Umm, that’s going to be a challenge, given the space I have to work with.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No hill for a stepper, right !
    CC-2000:
    HA, I’m a “stepper” !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, yea you are, anything else ?
    CC-2000:
    No, I’ll keep you updated on it.

16. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I like where you are going with this, SW. The best line ..."HA, wow, you’ve actually come up with something here, I especially like the NON paid personnel, what else !

I could so very much see Houston saying that...

Good stuff, keep it going..

Rob

17. SWHouston

With: HOUSTON-9400:
    With: STAR FLEET – SF115
    With: MAXWELL BS-1:
    CC-2000:
    SW !, I have Captain B’iJik on Subspace, but he’s not where he’s supposed to be !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Where is he ?
    CC-2000:
    I have the Zeus at the Star Fleet Deep Space Nine Station, almost on top of it !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    WHAT !, ahh, put him through !

B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    [​IMG]
    Leader, I am very sorry, I have come through the Worm Hole to....

CC-2000:
    SW, DS9 has just raised their Shields, and are charging weapons !

HOUSTON-9400:
    OHH shi...stand by B’iJik, CC, get me a separate Subspace Channel to DS9 Com, QUICK ! B’iJik, are you cloaked ?
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Ahh yes Leader, I am.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Get full shields up NOW, and stand by !

CC-2000:
    COM REQUEST -STAR FLEET – SF115 – SEND
    REQUEST ACCEPTED
    Channel open SW, they are receiving.

HOUSTON-9400:
    [​IMG]
    DS9 Com, this is Chiron Corporate, please respond and hold your fire please.

KIRA-COM1:
    [​IMG]
    This is Colonel Kira, who are you, are you responsible for opening the Worm Hole !?

HOUSTON-9400:
    Colonel, yes I think so, we mean you no harm, we are a Private Vessel, let me uncloak our ship, please don’t fire on us, ok ?
    KIRA-COM1:
    Very well, we will hold fire, but, you’d better be who you say you are !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, tell the Zeus to turn it’s Transponder on, and uncloak ONLY.
    CC-2000:
    COMMAND SENT AS ORDERED
    ORDER CONFIRMED – ZEUS – ENGAGING TRANSPONDER - DISENGAGING CLOAK
    Orders received and complied to SW.

HOUSTON-9400:
    See Colonel, just us good guys, ok !
    KIRA-COM1:
    What’s the meaning of this, do you know how much trouble this causes !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I sincerely apologize Colonel, the Captain of the Zeus is not familiar with the protocols of operating in your Sector, and I assure this will not happen again.
    KIRA-COM1:
    Why were you cloaked anyway ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh...well...OH, our other Vessel the PCV Oxford which is stationed at your Facility, had an encounter with a Klingon Vessel which was trying to board one of our customers Ships. I had advised all of our ships to cloak, just to avoid any further conflict, should they encounter that Vessel again.
    NICE SAVE SW !
    KIRA-COM1:
    Umm, I see, but you made us very nervous, we are unsure of the intent and plans of the Dominion, Jem’Hadar and Breen, and when the Worm Hole opens like that, and nothing comes through, we are very suspicious ! But yes, we were aware of the encounter between the Oxford and that Rader, it was quite unexpected, that has not happened in this Sector for quite some time.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I agree, quite unexpected, but, I have discussed more intense Security Measures with the Vessel we helped, and I think they will be more careful in the future.
    DS9 IS DROPPING THEIR SHIELDS AND STANDING WEAPONS DOWN
    KIRA-COM1:
    And who are you exactly ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    S. W. Houston, I’m the CEO of Chiron...ahh..the Owner.
    KIRA-COM1:
    Oh I see, but, I trust you will inform your other Vessels of our protocols, and this matter will be settled.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yes Colonel, it is, thank you, Chiron Corporate out.
    COM DISCONNECT -STAR FLEET – SF115
    CHANNEL CLOSED
    CC, put the Zeus back on.

PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V SECURED:
    CHANNEL OPEN
    B’iJik !, what the hell are you doing at DS9 !
    DOWNLOADING CURRENT FILES FROM ZEUS

B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Leader, I am very sorry, it was very confusing, and I must have attempted to return in the wrong Conduit !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    So it put you in the Gama Quad, that is where you entered the Worm Hole, right !?
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes Leader, we left a tag near the exit, where we can return, I only came through because I need more Class One Probes, it was shorter this way.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Just how many exits have you found, and where !?
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    This is the third one Leader, we attempted return the first time, and were discharged in a far region of the Delta Quadrant, I left a probe there, which was my last one, then returned and tried another, which allowed me to exit in the Gama Quadrant.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, where’s Maxwell, get him to the Zeus as quick as possible. Ok B’iJik, we need to get a better handle on how to tag those Conduits, where we can return in the RIGHT one next time, think you can do that !
    SENDING INTERCEPT ORDER TO PCV CHIRON
    ORDER RECEIVED – REDIRECTING ROUTE
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes Leader, the Computer is sending me a construct for the Tags, where it will be more clear as to which one I am to use. I’m very sorry, but it was very confusing !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well ok, you did the best you could, but, did you see the Hive ?
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    No Leader, we did not, when we first arrived on the other side of the Conduit, there was no Hive, it was like...ahh...
    CC-2000:
    SW, I have analyzed the Zeus’ files, and it appears as though he encountered a Manifold, or Intersection, separate from an actual Distribution Point as we expected. It’s a “Mini” Hub, I suppose.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    YES Leader, that is what it was, there was no Hive there.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, that’s interesting, apparently not all roads lead back to the Hive, or Hives, I’ll have to think about this, but, I’m getting the Chiron to you as soon as possible B’iJik, and Maxwell can transfer what Probes he has to you, ok.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes Leader, I shall stand by until he arrives.

MAXWELL BS-1:
    [​IMG]
    SW, I just did an inventory, we only have Three Class One Probes on board, hope that will be enough !

HOUSTON-9400:
    Going to have to do for now Ben, but wow, this may get expensive, CC, is there any other way to tag and monitor those exits ?
    CC-2000:
    SW, let me see what I can do about that, but I’m sending the specifications on a simple Tag, which can be left in the Conduit entrances at the Manifold, where it identifies them clearly. That should simplify an accurate selection for a return via the proper Conduit.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    So, what you’re saying is that we have to use Class One Probes to monitor the exits, at least for now ?
    CC-2000:
    SW yes, at this point we don’t have another choice, but, I’m working on a substitute, and I recommend that it includes a Cloak as well.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    So, they are just sitting there where anyone can see them, and take a shot at them if they want, that it !
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, it’s unavoidable, Class One Probes usually don’t need Cloaks, but they do have good shields, I don’t think they will be harmed.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s comforting, at least we’ll be able to recover them, but, I DO like the Cloak idea, I’m not all that anxious to answer Star Fleet questions right now, as to why I left a Probe or Probes, out in the middle of nowhere.
    CC-2000:
    Scientific Research, it’s worked before.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, Star Fleet is backward, not dumb, but let’s get the proper equipment built and out there as soon as possible, wow, lots of things to do.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Leader, these Conduits will be very helpful in maneuvering, there were many, I again apologize it was quite confusing.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Hay no problem B’iJik, from the way it sounds, I’m surprised you’re not in the next Galaxy somewhere, we’ll let CC work a good Map out for us, and I’m sure it will be a lot better then, ok.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes Leader, thank you, I tried my best.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I don’t doubt that for a minute, you are a good Captain, and I believe K’mlhet now, there probably will be stories told about your bravery in this !
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Thank you Leader, your words honor me and my Family.
    CC-2000:
    SW, the Chiron is coming out of Warp now, and I am transporting the Probes to the Zeus as we speak.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    SW, the Zeus has the Probes, what now ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s it Ben, I guess back to your Route, you can pick up more Probes the next time you’re back here at the barn, you shouldn’t need any for now.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Understood SW, we’ll get back on Route now. OH, good job B’iJik, glad to see you’re making it ok, but, by SW.
    MAXWELL BS-1: CLEAR
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok B’iJik, go on back through the Worm Hole, and return to that Manifold. Make sure you stop, and get a Tag in the Manifold entrance of EACH Conduit there, then, I want to see you come out where this started at, got that !
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes Leader, I am leaving now.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, you getting information from the Probes that are out there now ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes SW, wow, that Delta Quad exit is WAY out there, and I’ve set a clear identification on the Tags, with a simple Map Display for the Captains to look at, and the Captains can replicate as many tags as necessary.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Simpler the better.
    CC-2000:
    SW, I’m sorry but when the Zeus goes silent and turns off everything including its Transponder, I have to leave some of the decision making up to what I have installed in their Living Cell Module on board. I must wait till they reconnect with me, before I can do anything for them, you see the problem ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I do now, but, that’s as best as you can do under the circumstances, and I’m pretty sure when the Tags are placed, we can operate much more efficiently, right ?
    CC-2000:
    OH YEA, we will, but from my analysis, the Manifold that the Zeus entered first, has ten Conduits connected to it, and I might surmise, that at least one of them, will return to a Hub.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    UOOO, now that I think about that, it makes me nervous, no telling when or if a Cube might choose to enter, and they’d be right there on top of us, wouldn’t they !
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, but I’m sure our shields will hold up against their Weaponry, but, how about Mining that Conduit when we find it, I know that sounds kinda “deadly”, but....
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, but get something ready to do that with anyway, I really hate screwing them up any more than they are, but, that’s better than them screwing us up.
    CC-2000:
    Understood SW, I’ll start that immediately, is there anything else ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Not right now CC, but keep a lookout when or if B’iJik puts another Probe out, that’ll tell you where he is, even if he isn’t transmitting, right.
    CC-2000:
    Yes it will SW, I’ll keep up with it.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, I guess that’s settled, and make sure you send everyone the Protocols for DS9, just in case.
    CC-2000:
    That too SW, but may I ask a question. You acted like DS9’s weapons could hurt the Zeus, you do know that isn’t so, right ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well yea, I know, but, I couldn’t let her know that, I had to put on a guise, like I was afraid of them, see.
    CC-2000:
    I understand now, it’s not like you to vary “too” far away from the truth.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    It’s what you “don’t” say sometimes CC, ok, bye.

18. SWHouston

With: PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V SECURED:
    With: K’mlhet-9407:
    CC-2000:
    SW, I’ve been thinking, is it really necessary to leave a Class One Probe at all the exits ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummm....I’m not sure now that you mention it, what you got ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, if the Borg were to take a notion to move through one, and they exited somewhere that was not immediately dangerous to us, we could leave just a Proximity activated Tag in the Conduit exit, and I can monitor those just as well as a Probe. Cost a LOT less !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I’m SOLD !, but we’d need to keep the Probes on the Exits that were...like close to us.
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh...well, I’ve been thinking about that too...except it might cost more than a Probe.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Hay, this is not borrow from the left hand, to pay the right ! Aww, never mind, what you got ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, if what we need to monitor a “Critical” Exit, near us, what would you think about leaving an Un-Manned set of Modules there ? Like a Weapons and Power Module, and have it activate if a Cube or one of the other Borg vehicles exited, how about that ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh ha...whew...that is a LOT more cost, but, if they were cloaked, undetectable, and could take a Cube out of service right then, that’s not a bad investment.
    CC-2000:
    Ok, next thing, on those Non-Critical Exits, we know the Coordinates, and I can set the Tag to sleep and just monitor proximity, and if we wanted to find the exit, we could send out a general signal, and turn the Tag on, then we could find the Exit, see that ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    YEA, good idea, then nothing would be “showing” on those, right !
    CC-2000:
    That’s it, sorta all or nothing on the cost, but I think that would better serve our interests at this time. Oh, and we could do that at the Manifold as well, no use in taking a chance on the Borg finding something of ours in there, even though I’ve made them look like Space Debris on a Sensor.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Gees CC, you’re REALLY getting sharp, I’ve really been impressed with your service.
    CC-2000:
    Wow thanks SW, I’m monitoring Facial Recognition on you as usual, and I see that you really mean that, thanks.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    As usual..ummm.
    CC-2000:
    I hope you don’t think that an invasion of your privacy, I just want to know if you’re glad or mad, ya know, like that, that ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ohhh ok, is that why you try to cheer me up at times ?
    CC-2000:
    YES, exactly, I...don’t like it when I see you worried...ahh WAIT ! I’m getting a Probe signal just now...it’s...in the J-25 System !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    How close to Romulan space ?
    CC-2000:
    Close, but more toward the Delta Quad, it’s still a long way off.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    See if you can get hold of B’iJik, maybe he’s left his receiver on.
    CC-2000:
    Stand by...
    COM REQUEST - PCV ZEUS - CHIGCO Z73F2V – SEND
    Ahhh SW, maybe you should say something, the channel is open, but he’s not responding, IF he has his receiver on, I can’t tell.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, B’iJik, this is SW, it’s ok where you’re at, you can turn your transmitter on and answer me.
    ZEUS - CHIGCO Z73F2V – DETECTED
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    [​IMG]
    Leader, this is very unusual, you have told me to run silent, why is this Order rescinded !

HOUSTON-9400:
    B’iJik, you are not in the Conduit, nor in a critical area, I should have mentioned that before, but we have new instructions for you, concerning the Tagging and stationing of the Probes, CC will send you new orders about that now, do it CC.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Ahh... yes Leader, I am receiving those now, and should I wish to communicate with you again, it will depend on my location, if I am close to our Enemies or in a Conduit, I should refrain, is that correct ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s it B’iJik, do you have any other questions ?
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    No Leader, I will review my new Orders and proceed with my duty.

K’mlhet-9407:
    [​IMG]
    Leader, I wish to speak to these issues, with your permission ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    By all means K’mlhet, what do you have ?
    K’mlhet-9407:
    Leader, when the Zeus encounters a Conduit which accesses a Hive, I highly recommend that he leaves a Mine at that point which would prohibit the Borg from accessing the Manifold, what do you think of that ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    UOOO...that sounds pretty final, but YES, until we can get a handle on managing this well, I’d go for that.
    K’mlhet-9407:
    B’iJik, do you have the proper facilities on board, to facilitate this ?
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Yes K’mlhet I do.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Good enough, when you run into a Hive outlet, do that then, otherwise continue with the new Tag setup, you’ll probably have enough Probes on board there as well, to do what we need for now, SW out.
    K’mlhet-9407: CLEAR
    CC-2000:
    SW, he’s probably going to be a little mad, I instructed him to replace all the Tags in the Manifold, with the new configuration, just so they wouldn’t be detected, and I’ve included arming-disarming frequencies for the Mines.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, but I was so nervous about this at first, I’m surprised that I didn’t bring all the Ships back to monitor them.
    CC-2000:
    I can see you’re a bit more comfortable with it now, that’s good.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, ok, and yea I am, but I think pretty soon, he’s going to run into a Hive, I’m still pretty nervous about that !
    CC-2000:
    As am I SW, but be assured that I will do everything and anything to keep our personnel safe, and return them to us, I promise that !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, given what capabilities you’ve demonstrated so far, that makes me feel a LOT better ! But, what we got so far, is this the fourth Conduit ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes SW, but should I list these by the number, or would you like to associate them with their location ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Location would be nice, I’d probably get confused on numbers, we’re probably going to have several.
    CC-2000:
    I agree, names would be better, and if I may, let me list them as we located them...
    1st: in the Delta Quad, the Narendra System, between Narendra III and El Adrel IV, sorta
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, Narendra is it, B’iJik will like that, that’s Klingon Space sorta.
    CC-2000:
    Yes, that’s pretty close to Romulan space too, then...
    2nd: in the Delta Quad again, but way out, near a planet named Ocampa.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh wait, I seem to remember reading about that...
    CC-2000:
    Yes, I have it, there was a female aboard Voyager, who was from there, Mr. Neelix knew her.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, Ocampa it is, and wow, that’s going to help Praxim out a lot, he’s out that way quite a bit !
    CC-2000:
    Ok...
    3rd is in the Gamma Quad, near Karemma, B’iJik used it to access the Bajoran Worm Hole, but that’s pretty close to Dominion space, we probably ought to monitor that one, just in case.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Agreed, Karemma it is, then...?
    CC-2000:
    4th this most recent one in the J-25 System, it’s out in nowhere so to speak, except it’s pretty close to Romulan Space, may provide some monitoring of them, but not much more.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, J-25 then, but, let me understand this. You put a Tag in the exit, near a System or Planet, we have the Coordinates, we go there, still can’t see the Exit, transmit a general signal, the Tag responds, and we then have an exact location, is that it ?
    CC-2000:
    Exactly...WAIT, it’s B’iJik again, but he’s not asking for communications link, it’s just a marker he’s sending.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    From where ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh....close to Ferenginar, do you want the exact Coordinates ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No, just mark it, gees !, he’s really getting around fast !
    CC-2000:
    I SEE that, SW, wow, this is going to be the find of the Century, if we can control this, but, are you going to tell Star Fleet about these Conduits ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh man I ought to but...if I say something to them about this, they’ll have a complete hissy, I’m already off into it too far anyway to get out of it easy. But no, not now, not till I can assure them we have things under control, and we’re FAR from that at this time.
    CC-2000:
    I’ve downloaded a simple Map off of the Internet of the Quadrants, and I’m just putting some “X”s where the Conduits are exiting, give me a while longer, and I can show it to you, ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Hay great, that’ll help a lot, I can’t remember where all those planets are anyway, and Coordinates are totally out of the question.
    CC-2000:
    Oh my...OH MY...SW, ahh...guess what !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh gees, what ?
    CC-2000:
    B’iJik is sending another marker, and it’s from CN Leonis.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Leonis....OH WOW, that’s Wolf 359 ! You mean that Conduit wasn’t destroyed !?
    CC-2000:
    Apparently not, that activity may have moved it some, that’s next door almost, BUT, wow, isn’t that good !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh well...yea, I suppose it is, wow, all we’ll have to do is go down to the corner and get on the Bus ! But hay, this is driving me nuts waiting on this to drift in like it is. You keep up with it, I’m going to get a cup of Coffee and take a break, ok.
    CC-2000:
    I got it SW, no problem, take your time.
    Telcom Autoscript pause – no verbal information detected
    LOGGING EVENTS AS NECESSARY – COMPLETED 10 ENTRIES
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, I’m back, sorry I took so long, I took a walk out on the Concourse.
    CC-2000:
    Hay remember, I’m not a paid employee, don’t worry about it.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA, you sure have gotten sensitive about cost, NOT that I’m complaining !
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, it was something I just never considered before, and it’s important !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I couldn’t agree with you more, as long as we don’t short our Employees or the Quality of Workmanship. But, what you got ?
    CC-2000:
    B’iJik is through with all ten Conduits, let me list them briefly, ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure, go.
    CC-2000:
    Ok.....
    7th was a Hive, but I’m going to have to alkalize his Logs more, I can’t say right now if it’s Unimatrix 01 or not.
    8th was near Trill, and the..
    9th was in Cardassian Space, nowhere near any important Planet though, then the....
    10th was another Conduit Manifold.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    What do you mean, we got this to go through again !
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, if you want to thoroughly investigate this, B’iJik is standing by the first one, Narendra, and he’s ready to continue if you want him to.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No, hang on here, I’m going to have to think about this a while. But, do we have a handle on everything, Tags, Mines, Probes, everything necessary to monitor this properly ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes we do, I’ve gone over his logs, and I can assure you everything is in place as best as we can.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, tell B’iJik he’s got a couple days off, PAID, and he can get to Klingon Space the best way possible if he wants to go there, ok.
    CC-2000:
    Transmitting new Orders now SW, anything else ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Tell Praxim he can get back on his normal Route, we can just monitor that location with the Probe well enough. Then, get me that Map when you have analyzed what you need, ok.
    CC-2000:
    Yes Sir !, anything else ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No, I’m going to my Quarters and think about what we’re doing, see you later.
    CC-2000:
    Have a good evening SW, sweet dreams !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, bye.

19. SWHouston

CC-2000:
    GOOD MORNING SW, I hope you had a good rest !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Not so loud CC, I had a few drinks last night, uooo.
    CC-2000:
    I see you have your Coffee already, that will help, right.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Maybe, I’m still quite concerned about the Conduits.
    CC-2000:
    Would you mind explaining that, or should I wait a hour or so to ask ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, now’s ok, I’m not in that bad of shape. I guess my conscience is hurting me, what we’re doing is I think something that Star Fleet should do, but, I know they won’t. They don’t update their weapons, we’ve improved several things for them, used and proven their viability, and they just won’t come up to speed, I can’t understand why.
    CC-2000:
    Well, it’s possibly one or more of three things I think. They’re broke, or, they don’t want to create an environment where it’s attractive to the Borg, or, there’s some sort of subterfuge going on, and the leadership is trying to put the Federation in a bad position.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Come on CC, tell the truth, you got somebody behind my back here, that’s telling you stuff like that, right !
    CC-2000:
    NO !, I swear it SW, I thought of those things myself, I can do stuff like that, honestly !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, ok, I was just kidding, I know you wouldn’t hold anything back from me, OH but, I’m dying to see that Map, you got it ready ?

CC-2000:
    Of course, here.....
    [​IMG]
    What ya think ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    SWEET !, the X’s are the exits to the Conduits, right.
    CC-2000:
    Yes.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OH WOW, gees, this is great, we can cut our trip times down to literally minutes now ! Wait though, there’s a lot more Planets and Systems out there, that aren’t on this map, is that intentional ?
    CC-2000:
    To a point, I didn’t want to clutter it up where you couldn’t see the basics, enlarge it, and tell me what you see.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok.....there, ahh....it’s not 1080p by a long shot.
    CC-2000:
    That’s intentional too, you see the colored pixels ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    YEA, white, blue, red, green, why ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, the Red spots, there’s about ten or so on it, I put them in, just so I could disguise one little red dot. Look down in the lower right part of Federation Space, that’s the blueish area, you see the Narendra Conduit, then to the left, El Adrel, then there’s a little Red Dot there just above the E, very subtle, sorry.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That's ok, I can barely see it, but OHHH wait a minute, that’s got to be the Coridan System, is that right !
    CC-2000:
    Yeaaaa, thought I’d just slip that in, just between you and me.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OH WOW, Ridan our Dilithium planet is in that System, WOW, we can get back here to Corporate...in how long do you think ?
    CC-2000:
    Three hours max.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh OHHHH YEA !
    CC-2000:
    Another thing I thought of is, on the Transporter Routes, send them out to the end of the Routes via the Conduits, then let them work their way back, see.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yes YES YES !, gees I can’t get over this, seeing it like this really brings it into prospective, and those Conduits are in many places we do business with, WOW ! I’m probably going to have a hard time explaining why we’ve cut our delivery times down so much.
    CC-2000:
    Lie, tell um you’ve set up intermediate supply stations, or happen to have a Vessel in the area, anything.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA, you have GOT to have learned that from someone else besides me !
    CC-2000:
    NO, it was you ! I’ve heard how you say things, it’s Lying, don’t try to get out of it !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA, wow, gees, what have I done here, I’m bringing up a Computerized despot !
    CC-2000:
    Umm, ok, I admit it, that’s me.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA HA...oh wait, what’s this, the X that’s colored differently, right above Evadne !
    CC-2000:
    That’s where I “think” the other Manifold is, keep in mind I said I “think”, ok.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Is that important, I bet that was kinda hard to figure out, right ?
    CC-2000:
    Sorta, in analyzing the Zeus’ logs, he would have to turn right or left a few degrees to enter another conduit, and the time it takes to exit, that’s the way I did it, no certainty about it though.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, those Conduits could run around like Snakes for all we know.
    CC-2000:
    Exactly, but you do understand, we’re going to have to go through them repeatedly, just to establish that the exit is consistently in one location, even generally would be acceptable.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Hay, even if it flops around some, that’s better than the way we’ve been doing it, and if it shows up somewhere else, who’s to say that won’t be ok, or even better.
    CC-2000:
    True, and if someone shows up in the wrong place, he could reenter the Conduit, come back, and do it the old way if he has to.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    A win win situation, hands down !
    CC-2000:
    Leyor says he’ll have another Transwarp Coil ready by mid day, who’s next ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummm....ya know, I’m thinking Prax, what you think ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, he does need the help, he travels some very long distances, and needs the extra time, if he goes to that Abaddon Parts Facility.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Why’s that ?
    CC-2000:
    Prax spends more time bickering with Abaddon over price, than it takes him to get there, that Alien is impossible !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, Prax it is then, he’s really made me a good hand, young, sharp, willing to take an extra step.
    CC-2000:
    Oh good, he’ll be here in about two hours.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Wait a minute !, did you set this up, come on now !
    CC-2000:
    Weeeel...maybe a little, I suspected that you may choose the Osiris for the next Coil, and well.... I sorta routed it this way, just a little.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, why should I be surprised at subterfuge, it was a logical next step for you, but he’s going to need some Weapons Upgrades as well.
    CC-2000:
    Yes, you mentioned that before, and those Modules are ready as well.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Where’s the Zeus ?
    CC-2000:
    Captain B’iJik took the Narendra Conduit and has parked in Qo’noS orbit. He’s on the planet right now with his Family, several of the crew have transported down as well, I suppose enjoying themselves.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Good, he disserves it, that mission was risky at best, and he did a good job.
    CC-2000:
    You have some very good people working for you SW, I’m proud to be a part of Chiron.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yes.... I can see that... bye for now.
    CC-2000:
    Ummm....”bringing up”....
    .the display of this map is in compliance with fair use guidelines.​

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  20. SWHouston

To: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
    CC-2000:
    SW, the Osiris has docked.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh good, ask Prax to come up here.
    CC-2000:
    COM LINK ESTABLISHED – BRIDGE OSIRIS – REQUEST SENT
    SW, he has be advised of your request, and says, “give him a minute”.
    It should take longer than that, I suspect.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No problem, I’m not going anywhere.
    (Telcom Autoscript pause – no verbal information detected)
    HOUSTON-9400:
    MOTION DETECTED – THREAT ASSESSMENT START – VISUAL RECOGNITION – ID PRAXIM
    PHASER MODULE RETURN TO STANDBY – TOTAL TIME LAPSE 9.226 MILLISECONDS
    PRAXIM-9400:
    AUDIO RECOGNITION – TAPPING/KNOCKING – NOTIFICATION OF PRESENCE – ACTION APPROVED
    Hi Sir, mind if I come in ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, hello Prax, isn’t this the first time we’ve actually met in person !
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Yes it is Sir, I’ve been hoping to finally meet you.
    PHYSICAL CONTACT NOTED – JOINING OF HANDS – FRIENDLY GESTURE – ACTION APPROVED
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Have a seat there...well, you did us a good job out there, and I appreciate it.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Oh Sir, hardly anything to mention, we just sat there and waited, but, if a Cube had come out of that Exit, we were ready, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC mentioned that to me, you were doing Drills while you waited, I like that !
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Yes Sir, thanks, I was just killing some time, and the Drills ahhh...CC is it, made for us, well, I had Seat Belts installed on the Bridge Chairs, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA ya did, wow, that fine, I’d heard about how it was pretty active when those were initiated, I just never actually thought about it though.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    They really help a lot, ya can’t punch buttons, when you’re hanging on for dear life with both hands, right !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA yea, but we’re going to give you some Weapons and a Power Module to support it, if you’re going to be using the Conduits, no telling when they will come in handy.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    YES SIR, I want to help out as much as I can, will I be checking the Exits out as well, Sir?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummmm yea...but, you have regular duties to perform, supplying us with Parts as you do, is very important to our Repair and Manufacturing functions. So, when things are a little slack, yes, I’ll let you take a look when it’s convenient.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    YES SIR, ready and willing Sir !, I really like the idea of exploring like that, OH, but I don’t want to cause any trouble, I want to do things right, and make you happy with me, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, so far so good, and yes, there is a possibility that you’ll run into problems from time to time. The Borg aren’t going away, neither are the bad guys, who would now have a very good reason to capture your vessel. You’ll be carrying some very sophisticated equipment now, so, additional precautions will have to be the norm. Just like on the Transporters, see.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Uoo wow, that’s a lot of power from what I’ve heard, I’d use um, but, I’m not looking forward to it.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Understood, nobody wants to intentionally go into Battle with anyone, but, I’m glad to know you’re willing, and, CC will be there for you.
    CC-2000:
    Yes Prax, even when you’re running silent, there are components of my system there onboard full time, and they have been loaded with lots of stuff that will help.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    I thought you were connected all the time ?
    CC-2000:
    Well sorta but, not when you shut your Transmitters and Transponder off, go silent, I know it seems like I’m there, with my components you have onboard, but, not actually. I catch up real quick when you come back online though !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    You’ll be well supported if anything happens Prax, don’t worry, CC will be there for you, and everything will be ok.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Understood Sir, whatever it takes, I really appreciate working here, wow, it’s the greatest job I’ve ever had, Sir!
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, and....you’ve had how many jobs ?
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Weeel....ha, not that many Sir, but, it is the best one of them !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA good, I’m glad you’re happy with us, but, talked to your Dad, Neelix, lately ?
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Not for a couple weeks Sir, he said he was going to get in touch with you, something about a Ship they wanted, did he ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yes, I spoke to him just the other day, wasn’t able to help much, but, he may come up with something and we’ll go from there. I got the impression he was really a nice guy.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Oh Sir, you don’t know the half of it, he’s been just like a real Father to me, and he can really get tough when he needs to. I remember back when I first met him, some Miners were trying to run us off the Asteroid, and UOOO, he really got in their faces, Sir !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I remember reading something about that from the Voyager records, and about him being made an Ambassador for the Talaxian people.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Well Sir, I think that was sorta honorary, Captain Janeway actually did that.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea I know, and Star Fleet or the Federation never recognized his contribution to Voyager’s return, gees, what a lack of consideration, for a willing and valuable resource they had there in him.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Water under the bridge Sir, that’s the way I look at it, and probably why I never considered applying to Star Fleet for work, or going to that school of theirs.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, the Academy, been there and well, you see where I’m at now !
    PRAXIM-9400:
    HA, yes Sir, not there for sure, but wow, you must be the richest guy in the Galaxy, or close anyway.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA well maybe, but, money isn’t everything, my people are to me though, yea, that’s where it’s at.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Gees, I think I’m the luckiest guy around, having a Dad like Neelix, and a Boss like you, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, well thanks, but would you like to stay here tonight, we have Quarters for Staff, you could stay if you like ?
    PRAXIM-9400:
    Awww Sir, thanks, but, I really like it when I’m on the Osiris, my Quarters there are just fine, and well, I just hate to leave her, Sir, I can’t explain it.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh wow, you don’t need to explain anything about that, I KNOW how you feel, I’ve had the same feelings about Vessels I’ve been on. But, to tell the truth, I can’t explain it either, it or they just felt like home, and just didn’t’ want to be anywhere else.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    YES SIR, that’s exactly the way I feel about Osiris, I know she’s yours, but, she’s mine, and I just can’t stand being away from her, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Whew ahh well, I got some things to do now, would you like to be transported to the Planet, or be Shuttled somewhere, Earth, anything, ok ?
    PRAXIM-9400:
    No thanks Sir, I appreciate that, but actually, I’d like to get back aboard and take a look at the new Modules, and what they have and will do, Sir, that ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    NO PROBLEM Prax, HA, I’d do the same thing in your place. Well, I just want to say how glad I am that you’re here with us, and, I can see a long fruitful relationship to come.
    PRAXIM-9400:
    VISUAL FIELD – APPROACH DETECTED – HANDSHAKE – APPROVED CONTACT
    Sir, it really was good meeting you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    My thoughts as well Prax, bye now.
    VISUAL FIELD – PRAXIM IDENTIFIED – EXIT – STAND DOWN PROXIMITY ALERT MODE
    CC-2000:
    SW, he really seems like a nice fella, I’ve communicated with him on the Osiris quite a bit, but, seeing and hearing your interaction with him, that was different, more...well personal of course.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh yea, it’s nice to be able to do that, I’d like to have all the Captains sitting across from me more frequently, but, business is business, and they got to keep us going.
    CC-2000:
    True, but if you got everyone together, wouldn’t that be like a Family Reunion, I’ve read about those events, everyone seems to have such a good time !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, well I suppose that would be as close to getting my Family together as I could get it, but, when Prax was in here with me, I saw a thin Amber edge on my Screen here, what was that ?
    CC-2000:
    OH ahh, that was a notification about my Proximity sensors being active, that’s all.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, ahh...and when they are on like that, exactly what does that mean ?
    CC-2000:
    Well ahh....that means that I’m looking out for you, should anything bad happen or approach you in a harmful way, I’d step in and stop that.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see...how ?
    CC-2000:
    Whatever way was necessary, actually, if I thought that the situation was really desperate, my program would disengage my Ethical Routines, and then I would take any appropriate action to defend you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Appropriate action, explain.
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh...well...maybe a saying would put it in prospective...”one shot one kill”.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    UMM, and what if I didn’t like that ?
    CC-2000:
    SW, I’m sorry, but, you don’t have a choice in that matter, I am programmed to support and defend you in any way in can, and by whatever means I have available to me. Those instructions are in my Root Commands, sorry.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see ahh...well, I’m not objecting all that much actually, but, you would attempt to diffuse the situation, transport me or whoever out of danger’s way, something to keep from killing someone, ok !
    CC-2000:
    YES, understood, but that would come before I thought the situation was desperate enough to resort to an Ethical disconnect, I understand your love for life, and your respect for other lives. It’s just that there IS a point, where I would depart from that IF necessary, and I’ll use another Earthly phrase to describe that instance, that being...”Katy bar the door”.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    And, there’s nothing I can do about that, no order to rescind that Protocol ?
    CC-2000:
    Nope.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well ok, I just hope it never comes to that.
    CC-2000:
    Me too SW.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, I’ll deal with it I guess...bye for now.