Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta DLC Is Out

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LutherSloan, Aug 3, 2009.

1. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The final DLC for Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta, is now available. I downloaded and installed it, but I haven't played the game yet.

2. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*Sigh*

I still need to finish "Point Lookout".
    I also think I'll give it a few days for them to iron out the bugs there always seems to be with the DLC.

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Oh, is it?

*Realizes he has the PS3 Version, rants and rips apart voodoo dolls of Bethesda employees*

Grrr.

4. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing is happening for me on Live when I click on Zeta to try and buy it, although Point Lookout, Broken Steel, etc. still give me options... I'll just have to try later.

5. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

You know, I think from now on when it comes to Bethesda games, Im going to wait for all the expansions to come out and just buy the inevitable "game of the year" edition

6. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

finished it a few hours ago, Bethesda is getting REALY OBSCURE with it's hidden weapon placements

7. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, if the DLC was cheaper, I would have bought it then... but the fact that buying the game again is about the same price - if not cheaper - than downloading the packs individually, it sort of makes little sense unless you need to play it now.

8. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How was it?

I found the fact that most of my old weapons did very little damage to the creatures in Point Lookout somewhat annoying.

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

it was allright, shorter than point lookout, but honestly, a weak DLC, corridor, aliens, find a reactor, blow it up, teleport, repeat

10. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I take it the level cap is still 30.

11. LutherSloan

Yes.

I finished this in like 4 hours, it's way too short. The new weapons are pretty sweet, especially the unique Alien Disintegrator (the name escapes me), which is basically an automatic laser/plasma rifle. You can get off a ton of shots in just a second or two. Unfortunately there is no real new armor, unless you count the Japanese samurai's armor, which you have to kill him to get in the first place. I think there is one of those Winterized Medic Armors that you saw other people wearing in 'Operation: Anchorage', but I never personally found it. One cool new item is the Alien Epoxy, which can repair any weapon without a duplicate (really useful if you aren't near someone who can repair your stuff, or you use unique items a lot).

The spacewalk segment was so incredibly lame. You go out on top of the ship, but all you do is put some little hatches back into place, and you're done. Whoopee.

12. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully the "Everything" Edition will come out soon since I have been holding out on this game until it does.

13. LutherSloan

What sucks for me now is that since this is the last DLC, I've basically done everything with FO3.

14. firehawk12

Yeah, but Fallout Vegas is coming out next year anyway... at least, I think it is.

15. LutherSloan

Yes, it is supposed to be, although it's a bit surprising there aren't any screens yet.

16. firehawk12

I'm sure it'll be the drag grayness of Fallout 3 with a neon overlay. :lol:

17. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Never much cared for DLC myself ... haven't touched Fallout 3 since I beat it last year. A friend of mine is going to burn the packs for me though so I'll see them eventually. Not sure about New Vegas either. Obsidian has never quite gotten the game making thing down very well, so I'm sure NV will either be borderline suck or just OK.

18. LutherSloan

IGN pretty much agrees with me, but it still got a 7.0.

19. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I am planning to play Mothership Zeta this weekend then go BACK to Point Lookout with my beefed up laser weapons, those rednecks are kicking my ass with the gear I have now.

20. LutherSloan

The unique drone cannon or the unique alien disintegrator will both help. They are both near each other in the Weapons Lab area.