ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

*massive attack hugs* Thank you!! It's good to be back. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well, it's not new. It's a major overhaul of Reflections of Another Universe. After I lost all my stories (lost a hard drive :wah:), I've been scouring interwebs to see what I can find of mine and reposting them on AO3. And I caught the bug to rewrite some of my older works. (Because pride and all that jazz.) :lol:

It's Friday evening here! ;) Isn't it, like, the middle of the night there?

Haters gonna hate, I suppose. I've been trying Memory Alpha, but it's not giving me the information I really want. I think I'm just going to have to rewatch the entire series. Oh, the humanity! Woe is me! :lol:

2. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

I grieve with thee. :weep: Have you tried the Wayback Machine? A couple weeks ago it looked like the House of Tucker had shut down, and I did a search for my stuff on the Wayback Machine and there it all was, snapshotted last summer.

I hear ya, darlin', been there. :cool:

Coming up on 2am. But insomnia knows no nighttime. :sigh:

Such sweet torture. Enjoy your suffering. :razz:

3. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

HoT still exists??? *runs over to grab my really, really old stuff* I thought they had shut down for good!

Yes, I used the Wayback Machine for as much as I could. I was able to salvage most of my Trek fics. The only thing missing is "Dark Echoes" but that was because I took it down when I took a sabbatical from fandom. I didn't want to have an unfinished fic hanging out online. Now, I don't care. I'd rather have readers coming after me with pitchforks and knives than chance losing my work forever if and when a hard drive crashes, you know?

Can I start my own thread for a rewatch? Or do I have to post in the generic one? (Don't wanna be a rule breaker. ;))

4. HopefulRomantic

Hmm, good question. We have several rewatchers contributing in the Rewatching Enterprise thread, with short comments all the way to detailed play-by-plays, so it's kind of a free-for-all in there, but fun to hop around with the different episodes. That being said, we've had more than one thread going on simultaneously in the past. If you think you could bring a sufficiently different perspective, you could make a case for a separate thread.

star likes this.
  5. PatB1974

PatB1974 Lieutenant Red Shirt

PatB1974 here. 45 year old Trekker and Whovian in the middle of the heart of Texas. Long time lurker, just started posting. Goodwill and peace to all who read this.

chadder, Yanks and sekundant like this.
  6. HopefulRomantic

Welcome from a fellow Texan, PatB1974! I was born in Dallas, though my family relocated out West. But you can't take the Texan out of the girl. :) Enjoy the forum, and we look forward to your posts!

chadder likes this.
  7. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard!!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the star ship for maximum safety!

:beer:

8. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Welcome to the friendliest forum of this BBS, @PatB1974 ! Have some cookies. :D

HopefulRomantic and PatB1974 like this.
  9. Tribble Threat

Tribble Threat Commander Red Shirt

Hi! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just recently finished Enterprise. I liked some of the episodes, disliked others. I think my favorite episode was the one where Sato visited the psychic who lived alone on a planet, and he tried to force her to stay. I think the writers did a good job portraying a really unsettling situation. To me, I suspect it was a commentary on Beauty and the Beast, which I thought was really clever.

10. HopefulRomantic

Welcome to the forum, Tribble Threat! Glad to have you with us. Post away. :)

11. Yanks

Welcome aboard!!

12. Tribble Threat

Thanks, Yanks and HopefulRomantic!
    Hey. "Thanks, Yanks" rhymed. I'm a poet and I didn't even know that... D'oh!

What are your favorite episodes of Enterprise? And your thoughts on the show in general?

13. Yanks

My favorite episode is 'Carbon Creek '. My favorite character is T'Pol.

I love the series and think it gets way too much flack.

14. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard, @Tribble Threat !

My favourite episode is probably Shuttlepod One. ENT is one of my three favourite trek series, mostly because the characters are a likeable bunch.

I recently rewatched the episode you mentioned, but I found it to be a bit creepy. But it had some interesting concepts and there were too few Sato oriented episodes IMO.

15. Tribble Threat

Carbon Creek. Vulcans in 1950s America. Fantastic concept, and I can't imagine a better episode with that concept. I especially liked the Moe Howard joke on it.
    Shuttlepod One is a good episode. Seeing Reed and Tucker trapped alone, wondering if they'll survive, and becoming friends in the process.
    I normally don't like the creepy episodes myself, but with this episode, it really felt to me like they were taking Beauty and the Beast, turning into a horror story where the Beast is a villain who acts really polite and thinks his attentions are good, and then unlike a horror story, Sato manages to get away.

I like T'pol too. I wish the writers let Jolene Blalock do more with the character. My favorite character on Enterprise is Dr. Phlox. He always had a reasonable counterpoint to every human value, and he said all kinds of weird things with a smile on his face.

16. Gelnon

Gelnon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi Enterprise is not my fave, altho there are some really good episodes and subjects tackled, episodes that stand out for me are Future Tense, i love subject matter like that, the temporal cold war Xindi episodes in particular

17. chadder

chadder Ensign Red Shirt

I too am from Texas, east Texas though. :)

18. HopefulRomantic

Welcome to Gelnon and fellow Texan chadder! Glad to have you both in the forum. :)

chadder likes this.
  19. Caveneau

Caveneau Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm new. My love of Star Trek brought me here. I recently rewatched TOS and I've started Enterprise again.

chadder likes this.
  20. HopefulRomantic

Welcome to the forum, Caveneau! Enjoy your Enterprise rewatch. :)