New Hot Wheels Enterprise!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by KirkusOveractus, Apr 29, 2013.

1. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

I didn't see anything mentioned straight away, but check the Hot Wheels aisle in stores - in the regular Hot Wheels cars there is a line now called "HW Imagination" (lime green color bar on the right side of the blister pack), and included in that series is the 2009/STID Enterprise!

It isn't huge, just the size of a Hot Wheels car, but really cool! It took me back to being 10 years old and finding the Corgi Star Trek II Enterprise on the rack!

For a buck, you can't go wrong!

2. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

I came across one and bought one a few days ago, haven't seen another one since though. Probably the coolest "imagination" vehicle they have in the assortment from what I've seen.

3. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Darn! I'm working at home today and just got back from running a buch of errands. I passed a Target. Now, I have to go back out to check the Hot Wheels aisle at that Target. (Guess this is why some folks don't want people working at home. Any distraction is a good one.)

Aren't the bigger Hot Wheels versions of Trek ships (like the 2009 ones) due out soon? Those were pretty darn nice.

4. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

The detail on it isn't half bad for something that size and that price. I can see the gold trim around the base of the bridge and the deflector dish is detailed well, too!

5. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Get 'em while you can. Hot Wheels scalpers snagging them to sell on the bay for more $$$.

6. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

If you find one, it's more a case of dumb luck (being at the right place at the right time). There aren't very many of these Enterprises in a standard Hot Wheels case and sometimes someone (if not an employee at the store) will snatch them all up first and then resell them on eBay for several times their worth.

As for the bigger Hot Wheels ships, they should have been out already, IMO. Most movie toys are released at least a month before the movie, but these have been conspicuously absent.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Got two off Ebay a couple weeks back. Not great, but good for what they are.

8. Franklin

Bet you're right. I drove to a nearby Target, nothing. Decided to go to one ten minutes farther down the highway, and nothing. Thought what the hell and went to the Wal-Mart a mile from the Target, no Enterprise. Toys R Us was only five more miles away, so I went there. Nope. Not there. And that boys and girls, is how I spent two hours of my afternoon.

(Let me tell you all, a 50-something man looking earnestly through all the Hot Wheels in the toy department gets some odd looks from other shoppers.)

Guess if I want one, I'll have to order one online. How quaint.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I tried to get one from the Hot Wheels site. When I do a search for "Star Trek" or "Enterprise" they return no results.

10. Franklin

On Amazon, under "Toys and Games," I just searched with the words, Hot Wheels hw imagination Star Trek. There are three hits, and six left among the three hits. What would be 97 cents if it could be found in the toy section of a retail store like Wal-Mart is $9.95 to $11.99 on the three websites Amazon takes you to. Sometimes the free market sucks.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Yeah, I've seen those. I refuse to pay ten bucks and shipping for a ninety-seven cent Hot Wheel. I can pay ten bucks and shipping for the Playmates version of the Enterprise.

12. Franklin

Playmates Enterprise, huh? :drool:

Oh. Wait. Probably not those playmates, right? :(

13. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Yeah, I've been on the lookout for the Hotwheels ships myself, combed the city this last Saturday for about 3 hours, 3 Walmarts, a Toys R Us, and 2 Targets, Came up empty handed, I would've snagged one of the little enterprises just to have something to show for it. I will be grabbing up any new sculpt's as I see them...I am really wanting the Kelvin! I've even dug around online, nothing on the big box retailers, big bad toy store, or entertainment earth! I see the Kreo's were released today, I may snag the "Spock's Volcano Jump" set (comes with a shuttle that lights up for 15 bucks!) just to see if the line looks cool, I've always wanted a lego enterprise set, and I missed the old megablok's enterprise-d set ten years ago, so this might be my last shot.