Highlander Franchise

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Overlord, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I think one of Endgame's strengths was introducing Kate and her difficult past with Duncan. He madw what was arguably the wrong choice, but it was a choice of two evils. Personally I like the alternate ending with Kate still being alive at the end, and willing to forgive him.

2. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spoilers for "Endgame", if anyone cares...

The Kate thing was a real dilemma to him, and a justifiable reason for him to tell anyone afterwards that he'd never been married. He really should have stayed away from her, or perhaps waited until something else made her immortal, but heck - he was "only" 123 years old at the time and could be excused for being so young in immortal affairs. :P On the flip side, he could have done a lot better than to stab her on their wedding night, AS SHE SLEPT, after having awesome first-night sex. What a downer to wake up to that.

Duncan really has a terrible imagination when it comes to revealing his secrets - when he ended up with Tessa, he did at least tell her not to tell anyone when he SHOT HIMSELF DEAD without explaining what would happen first. She still tried, but luckily he revived in time for it. Maybe Amanda's longevity with him is rooted in the fact that he didn't have to explain his immortality with her, coming off as a jerk in the process!

Mark

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to say I wasn't impressed by the first Highlander movie. A lot of interesting ideas that weren't executed very well. The TV show delved a lot more into the concept and was more enjoyable even though there were just as many bad episodes as good episodes.

Never saw Highlander 2, but The Source was :barf:

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

You know how you can tell that the people who made that movie probably knew it sucked, the fact that there is a freaking recap of the film's plot in the last minute or so.

5. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

They probably knew that everyone would just skip to the end after seeing a few minutes of that crapfest.

6. Mark_Nguyen

7. bluepicard27

bluepicard27 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

love the 1st film,best film of all time,tried the series alas to no avail,watched the source nuff said.the ist film has a line me and my dad say to each other jokingly "you will always be weaker than i".classic

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Like many, I liked the first movie and thought the TV series was cool (although I was never a regular viewer), but the subsequent movies didn't really do anything for me. The only memento I have of Highlander is the Second Generation Dragon katana that I still keep in my living room.
    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=247170

9. Mark_Nguyen

Lucky bastard. I have kids now so sharp knives NOT in the kitchen are no longer an option for me. :(

Mark