Voyager in Minecraft

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by NightJim, Sep 5, 2013.

1. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

This is damn impressive. Especially as it's two years in the making. I didn't bother until Minecraft was on the 360, but this makes me want to pick up it on the PC so I can have a run around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOkMa9QnmQ#t=28

2. soapp

soapp Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

That's just nutz... thanks for sharing.

Downloading the World Save, want to see it for myself :P

I don't think id ever have the patience for something so massive.

Edit:
    Ok I just tried it. wow. I almost got lost in the holodeck program, but I managed to get out. It's really nice work.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

I know there was another one done:
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/uss-voyager---work-in-progress/
    last update being Jan. 2012. Also using the Strategic Design Intrepid deck plans that I was half of.
    I was in brief contact with him about them. He made some layout improvements.

Unless this new video is the same person, but it looks like a newer one that just got completed
    Seriously amazing work across the board!

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I downloaded it and went through it. That is probably the most impressive Minecraft Star Trek model there is, and heck the most impressive Star Trek model in video games, full stop.

Never has any game model of a Starfleet ship conveyed the mass and size of a starship. Even the TV shows and movies can't really do that (understandably, due to time and budget reasons). I finally got the sense that these were behemoths housing hundreds of people.

Truly, truly impressive model!