ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Reliant Robin

Reliant Robin Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone :) I'm Robin, and I live in Nottingham. I'm actually not new here, I used to be semi-regular some years ago, but I can't remember for the life of me what name I used, though I do remember debating at some length the merits or otherwise of bringing your beagle into space. I was a TNG fan growing up, DS9 was the Trek that made me a Trekker, but Enterprise is my guilty, secret love. I was just charmed by this series from the start, flaws and all, and it's never left me. I'm a big QL fan from way back, so I love Scott Bakula, furrows and all, and I'm another Malcolm fan too. Re the stuffy Brit thing, I think TPTB got confused sometimes in his characterisation between what's British and what's his personal hang-ups, but Dominic Keating's delivery saves him for me.

2. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome (back?), Reliant Robin!

You join the ranks of many who share your guilty, secret love! ;)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it was all personal hang ups. That's the way I watch it but I think the american audience is distracted by the accent and assumed stereotypes. It's much more interesting as personal hang ups!

4. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey, im new here. Found this whilst looking for aztecing tips, of all things! anywho, LOVE Enterprise, canceled too soon alas! I have to agree with Robin that Lt. Reed is WAY overlooked. ALso hes basically a badass.

5. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome to our new Enterprise fans! We love having you here-- it's great to hear new opinions on the show. Enjoy! :)

6. star

Welcome. Pull up a chair, here's a mug of tea. :D We're glad to have you!

7. Reliant Robin

Hey Mjolnir :) Always good to meet another Reed fan.

8. Mjolnir

Ty all. :) Long time since ive been in any forums, but here i know people understand what Trek's all about.

9. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Say, if any of you new kids are graphically inclined, we'd love to have some new blood in the weekly avatar contest. Check it out and (please please please) join the fun!

10. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Umm, hi!

Is this were people admit that they actually like Enterprise? I think it's a wonderful series. I'm 25 years old, studying history at uni (about to finish), I have a cat, I read a lot, I like to do some modeling (www.myemilia.net) and I've watched every single Star Trek Episode of every Trek series (apart from the animated one).

My other nerdy activities are: Fantasy literature (Wheel of time, Song of Ice and Fire, ...) and playing mmorpg's. ;)

And I'm still mad at all those Star Trek fans who only hate Enterprise because the theme song has lyrics and because there were Ferengi and Romulans in the series. Get a grip, guys.

Emilia

11. Reliant Robin

No, no, you say it with pride! :lol: Welcome Emilia :)

12. Mjolnir

Well said. Welcome! :cool:

13. star

Oh you're gonna fit in nicely. :D Welcome, welcome.

Love the Wheel of Time series, btw.

14. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys. ;)

Saw your post on the first page of this thread before posting so I figured I can admit that, too. ;)

15. star

I had to go back and see my post, because I didn't recall making any such admission. And lo and behold, I did indeed. (Egad! Nearly 6 years old?? What the hell am I still doing here?!)

It was a fun little trip down memory lane though. I particularly like my next post where I mention that I'd rather have a Sumo wrestler sit on my face and fart repeatedly before I'd watch "These are the Voyages" again. :lol:

Ah, how I love my snarky self.

Anyway, back to you. Glad to have you. Welcome to the asylum where we serve a new dish of crazy everyday. :p

16. creek_chub

creek_chub Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello! To be honest, the only Star Trek I've ever really been familiar with was TOS, and even that wasn't something I'd call an "interest" (when I was a kid my parents would watch the reruns and I'd half-watch while playing with my Barbies, lol.) However, my interest was definitely piqued by the recent movie (which I loved, btw) as well as the recent gift of the first season of TOS that I gave my dad, since he tends to wait to watch them until he can watch them with me. Well, dad and I were enjoying TOS so much, I began looking for reruns of TNG to tell him to look for, since he watched the series faithfully during its run. It was during this search of showtimes that I stumbled across an Enterprise marathon on the SyFy channel. Well, after just a few minutes, I was hooked. I wasn't even sure what was going on (I discovered later it had to do with other Vulcans finding out that T'Pol had picked up the disease from the forced mindmeld) but the characters intrigued the heck out of me and I kept watching.

I haven't seen all the episodes yet, so I don't have much to contribute, but I like reading through the threads around here.

A little about me, I have a degree in English Literature with a minor in Lingustics and a minor in Anthroplogy. I'm currently back in school to get my certification to teach (high school.) I'm married and am the proud mommy of an adorable chihuahua. I look forward to being a part of this board. :)

17. star

Welcome! Please feel free to jump in with both feet. We'd love to hear what you like most about the show (of what you've seen thus far!)

18. Reliant Robin

Hi Creek Chub! It's always interesting to hear fresh perspectives from someone new to the series :)

19. moriluk

moriluk Ensign Red Shirt

I had very low expectations for this show. It ended up being very entertaining. I like a good story arc. Too bad this was cancelled.

20. exiledpiasa

exiledpiasa Ensign Red Shirt

Greetings all,

I am a new join and have several Star Trek mash-ups that I am told would do well on this site. So how would I go about putting the drawings I've done up?