The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I phrased my question poorly I suppose. Yes he's not Herschel lite that's for sure. I guess more properly stated, has he gone bat crazy insane as a result of the circumstances or was he just a bad guy to begin with even before the zombie apocalypse? A better analogy would be Shane heavy or Shane lite?

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

With the way the way he keeps his zombie daughter around I think it's pretty clear he's had a bit of break from reality. He probably wasn't an evil guy to start with but circumstances have made him head in that direction.

3. DarthTom

Agreed. But like Herschel he believes there is some kind of cure to be found which is why that scientist is doing experiments I presume?

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Did the phone scene remind anyone of Episode 1?
    You know, "Hey. Dumb-ass. You in the tank."

5. DarthTom

Someone on the CNN website commenting on the show had an interesting thought:

6. Savage Dragon

^Interesting. Maybe we'll find out at the mid-season hiatus. Carol going after her sort of makes sense though. It would explain her absence.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Carol would have to be god damn miracle worker to save someone in Lori's condition and under those circumstances.

8. Savage Dragon

True. I like the idea of her coming back as a walker though.

9. DarthTom

If that conjecture is right, Carl's disposition would make a little more sense inasmuch as he didn't actually shoot her.

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I happened to see Norman Reedus (Daryl) on a 2006 episode of L&O:SVU the other night. He played a rock star with a grudge against the psychiatric industry.

11. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Or, Carl did shoot her, but the bullett just grazed her. Then Carol would have to sew up a field cesarean and then get Lori out of that room.
    Seems impossible, doesn't it?

12. DarthTom

Well, 88% of field amputations during the Civil War [which IMO is the most apt comparison to the prison in TWD] died from that amputation. So, Herschel beat the odds. Perhaps Lori will as well? ;)

13. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Yeah. More likely they're keeping the Lori actor around as Rick's delusion for a while.

Poor Rick is totally off the deep end. I, too, assumed that he wanted to get her remains out of the zombie to bury her, but the ring theory is a good one.

Daryl cracks me up, though. Civilization collapses, decent people give up their ethics for the sake of survival, but here's a hillbilly who found his better angels in the wake of the apocalypse. Seeing him feeding and talking to the baby was hilarious. And then putting the flower on the grave. He's a classic.

So are the prison and Mayberry storylines ever going to converge or will Micchone and Andrea escape and find the prison. I'm hoping to someday see Micchone smile. :rommie:

14. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When they found Carol's scarf, they were standing over the consumed body of T-Dog too. Definitely a milestone. I don't think we've had totally devoured main characters until now.

T-Dog stripped to the bone & a bloated gut full of Lori. It manages to make things even more grim to know that they're ultimately just a bunch of roaming lunch sacks

15. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're looking at it... about 6 seconds before she hacks up Woodbury's Geek collection

[​IMG]

16. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not really convinced she is dead either as I find it hard to believe that zombie would eat a whole person in such a short space of time.

17. Savage Dragon

Yeah. His stomach wasn't that bloated.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Maybe Rick & company will find the town, and through their meddling, it'll get destroyed just like the farm was and the governor will be put down.

19. DarthTom

As an aside, it's amazing to me that both Andrew Lincoln and David Morrisey who are both really good British actors do such an amazing job at faking an American accent. Bravo.

Our actors sadly do not do such a great job at faking a British one. I wonder why?

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I've wondered why too.