The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Or "Brans."

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He had a real name?????

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They don't make zombies like they used to...

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Hmmm, looks like they are introducing something from the comics a lot earlier in the show.

6. Mr. Adventure

Anyone see the T-Dog puppet on Talking Dead, pretty cool that they did that with practical effects.

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that was pretty damned cool. Too bad they didn't let IronE have it. That's be an interesting piece for a bookshelf!

Between last week's episode and the revelation of the Governor's daughter and Woodbury's secret stash of walkers, I felt like the latter half of the episode dragged on. Not being familiar with the comic books, I was expecting the major part of the festitivities to be opening the gates and letting in the nearby walkers to slaughter them and thin the herds. In retrospect, that would be too big of a risk for the Governor to take, but still, they made an awful lot of noise.

What really struck me is that this was the first week that I felt they really drove home the difference between the two locations. Woodbury was festive, while the prison was in mourning. Woodbury was going out of its way to capture and keep walkers, while Rick was going on a murdering spree (mirrored in Michonne's moment with the captive walkers).

Talking Dead confirmed that the bloated walker did eat Lori. As many of you pointed out, I was wrong in assuming Carl didn't shoot Lori. Carl really recovered nicely from that, while Rick's gone off the deep end. I really thought the crying baby at the end would snap Rick out of it, but instead, the phone rang. I'll be honest with you, I hate talking on the phone and a phone ringing when it's least expected is one of the creepiest things for me. Even in a "safe" environment, it's jarring!

8. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm already tired of crazy rick. Hope he doesn't last long.

I'm also struck at how small the group is now. :( I'm still hoping Carol isn't dead.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Still no Carol? That's not good. I don't imagine Daryl is taking that very well.

10. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

OMG, Lori's body has been eaten by a Walker. I could stomach the numerous killings of zombies but to know that one of the main characters has been eaten by a zombie, that really sickens me.

11. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Talking Dead revealed a lost scene on the road with Daryl & Maggie, where Daryl gets to have some emotional effects to it. Then the teaser for next week has something of her's show up, a knife of something. She's still out there

Last week, over 70% of voters said they wanted or at least expected Rick to go on a walker killing spree, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that he did just that. Seems like he might have been looking for her ring or something

I don't imagine the behavior will last

12. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Love wherever they are taking me with The Walking Dead. I have not read the comics, so I do not have any reference or expectations. This is by far one of the best portrayals of "zombies" on TV I've ever seen. The last 2 episodes in particular were so incredible. As was mentioned on The Talking Dead, it seemed like the previous episode was a season finale, and this one was a season opening, I like that out of no where it felt like that. Hope for more gripping episodes like that. Great series !

13. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't see Talking Dead, was that a deleted scene?

Yea, he seems to be dealing with the death of his mother much better. I would have assumed the opposite considering Rick and Lori's strained and distant relationship at the beginning of season 3.

I'm wondering if the phone call is Rick being delusional or it actually was ringing? If it's actually ringing perhaps that's Carol in another part of the jail asking for help?

General Question: I'm wondering if they are positioning the Governor as 'bad crazy,' or simply 'crazy,' like Herschel was in trying to bring his daughter back for an 'illness?'

Also, Lori's reaction to the Mad Max style games with the zombie's seems understated. I'd think she would have been more appalled by the towns people behavior.

14. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Me neither. I saw Rick staring at these little bits of flesh where a body has been. Then he saw the bloated walker nearby and started hacking at it like crazy ... I'm afraid I didn't put it together until now.
    Normally it would make sense for it to be Rick's delusion. But I'm not even sure that phone was visible from where Rick was standing. He had to go find it after it rang. Unless artistic license is at work here, that suggests it's real.

I'm in favor of it being Carol.

15. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Uh, yeah, that's really in question for you? The guy relaxes by staring at fish tanks full of zombie heads, he murdered a group of innocent military survivors just to steal their hardware, and he's organized a zombie-ringed blood sport to keep his people's minds off all the other crazy shit he's doing.

Yeah, totally not a ''bad crazy'' guy at all. Just Herschel Lite(tm).

:wtf:

16. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I found the whole zombie/gladiator scene to be beyond distressing, and it reinforces the creepiness of Woodbury. The prison might be more than a little light on hope right now, but they don't seem to have reached the same level of brutality as Zombie Mayberry = Woodbury.

Why was the event so loud? What if there had been a breach of their walls? Would they have even heard a warning?

17. Mr. Adventure

Yeah, that's pretty unsettling.

18. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

It was! I thought, at first that Rick was going to cut what remained out...to bury. It still gives me the shivers.

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yeah, I thought he might want to bury her remains or was looking for her ring. Pretty gruesome stuff.

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the comic books it was a delusion during which he kept talking to dead Lori. Of course, that doesn't mean the TV will proceed the same way.