You know what I wish we saw in Star Trek 2009?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by The Rock, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

If I remember correctly, he expressed quite some interest a few years ago. Didn't he even outline a plot that he would have used?

I don't know ... I loved the Enterprise Andorians, they were so perfect that I'm not sure I would want to see Abrams' take on them. To be honest, I'm almost afraid of seeing a Klingon without a helmet in STID!

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see an Andorian, Tellarite or one of the Xindi species on the Enterprise crew.

Although I have to disagree about the human-dominated Federation. We saw Alnschloss K'Bentayr (the Arex-like alien) and a Cygnian (big eyed nurse) on the Kelvin, the Enterprise had Madeline (the bronze-skinned girl on the Enterprise bridge), Keenser and a several cool aliens in the bar, at Starfleet Academy and belowdecks on the Enterprise. I'd say the movie is tied for number of aliens with TMP.

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Eh?

Were you not seeing the plethora of Bad Robot's aliens in Starfleet?

They did suggest we'd possibly see an Andorian in "Star Trek (2009)" - and we didn't - but there were given plenty of aliens, some with important scenes (Gaila, Keenser), and there was probably more variety that ST:TMP's rec deck and San Francisco or ST IV's Council scenes.

Not many TOS aliens were shown to be in Starfleet in TOS. For that we had to wait for TAS and TMP.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Indeed he did. It was a reboot proposal co-written with Bryce Zabel (Dark Skies, Lois & Clark, The Crow).

5. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I hope we see some more TOS races in Into Darkness, or a future movie. I would like the Abramsverse to acknowledge the Andorians or Tellarites.

Even the Edosians or Caitians from TAS would be nice!

I know the Gorn are back in the new Star Trek video game

6. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would make no sense. Kirk would have been long dead by that point. No matter what point in the 24th century those events were depicted, Kirk was believe lost on the maiden voyage of the Enterprise-B (late 23rd c.). Even if we ignore the events of "Generations," as a human he'd long since have expired by the time Spock was helping the Romulans (as he says it's 129 years in the future).

How would throwing Kirk into any future mind-meld vision have any rational explanation?

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Ideally? John Sturges and E. E. "Doc" Smith, but they're both long dead.

8. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Sturges is quite a choice; he'd bring something, to be sure. But given the ADD times in which we live, they'd wind up having Baird or one of his acolytes overcut the thing and destroy the natural tempos of the director.

9. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see a Ridley Scott or Guillermo del Toro Trek movie.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Spock was ruminating about their friendship. It was the perfect opportunity to throw in Shatner as Kirk. And the fact that it's a montage of thoughts is all the rational explanation needed. The mind jumps around. No reason he couldn't have shown young Kirk what happened to Romulus, then an image of old Kirk, then whatever else he wanted to conjure up.

11. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Holy shit, that far back?:lol:

If possible, I'd ask for Steven Spielberg, with Syd Mead doing the designs of the Enterprise, and I'd have San Francisco designed to look like Coruscant. But, that's just me.

I'd also have the women wear pants instead of skirts.

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I'd have all the women beautiful and naked, but that's not going to happen either. ;)

13. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

A series of clips showing the people around the world reacting to the news of Vulcan getting destroyed with a Guinan cameo somewhere in it delivering a one-liner.

Doesn't fit anywhere in the film, but it would have been awesome.

On the other hand, a reaction to the distress call would fit and would be more in Guinan's purview of being sensitive to any major disruptions in the timelines.

14. Agent Richard07

^ I don't think Guinan had been in and out of the nexus at that point, so no powers.

15. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

But is the nexus where Guinan acquired that ability? Or is it natural to some members of her species?

:)

16. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Picard attributed it to her species in Yesterday's Enterprise. I have no recollection about Generations apart from a disturbed guy named Sauron or something, what's a nexus? :p

17. Agent Richard07

I always attributed Guinan's ability to her species too, but there's also the following...

Source

Not canon, but it was interesting enough to go by.

18. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

If you're going to insult us lowly plebs, at least be knowledgeable enough to know that it's no longer known as "ADD" but "ADHD-I." Hasn't been called that since 1994.

19. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I don't think it was really meant as an insult aimed at anyone here or at anyone in particular—the pacing of the average movie of today does tend to be more brisk than was typical of the films of Sturges' time, after all— but I'm sure the interest in nomenclatural accuracy will not go unappreciated.

20. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Or as my father calls it "NPA" (not paying attention).

[​IMG]