The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I've seen the Captain America/Black Widow 2-pack at TRU. I assumed the Black Widow figure was just a straight repack or at most a slight repaint and tweak of the previous Scarlett Johannson figure and there wasn't anything really new in the packaging.

2. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Finished my Vertigo custom.
    [​IMG]

CCC.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Marvel hasn't had the rights to ROM in years. They can't even reprint the old issues.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Gonna have to look for those if I get to D/FW this weekend.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

was at Game Stop today. just happened to check out their toys and found Anakin. i've seen him go for $40 on e-bay so getting him for $22 was a steal.

[​IMG]

6. cooleddie74

Congratulations!

GameStop is where I bought my 6" Anakin and the plain white Clone Trooper, both of whom were released in Wave 4 and saw very bad retail distribution thanks to the large numbers of pegwarming figures from the first three wave assortments. Anakin is a better figure than the Obi-Wan and should have been the one carried forward in the new blue-stripe Black Series box design. There's a pretty good market for the 6" Anakin Skywalker as the eBay and secondary market prices clearly demonstrate. He's one of the lesser-seen but better figures from the earlier waves of the 6" line.

In other news, I scored the 6" Tauntaun and Hoth Han Solo at one of my local Walmarts and for the $30 clearance sale price that's been reported in many other parts of the country. It's the first time I've ever seen a 6" Deluxe set that wasn't Jabba or the Biker Scout with Speeder Bike. :)

7. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

My Walmart has Cap WS figures on clearance at $7. They are back in the corner and buried where no one can see them.

CCC.

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I've reached a sad moment in my collecting life. I've decided it's time to let my 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figures go. This line was the first line that I ever started collecting so many years ago, way back in the Power of the Force 2 days. However, I haven't bought a new figure from the line in a long time. I need the money and the space. It's a momentous step that I take with a heavy heart, but take it I must.

9. cooleddie74

Hey, you have to do what you have to do. I understand, man. I hope your sales give you the money and the space to collect other cool things you've been wanting.

10. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Some leaked Lego sets for The Force Awaken
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Nah, it's just a new version of Rom with new stories and new characters he has to deal with.

12. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

So basically just Rom in appearance and name only since those are the only that two things that Hasbro owns while Marvel owns everything else including character development, backstory and supporting characters and enemies.

13. cooleddie74

I don't collect or build LEGOs but that new Millennium Falcon looks awesome and I like the "old" Han Solo figure included with the set. :)

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In other words, an all-new Rom series with new stories, new supporting characters, new enemies, new etc.

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I write for a geek/pop culture site and they wanted a selfie pic so here is mine
    [​IMG]

16. cooleddie74

Cool poster and figures! I like the original 1977 poster art for the very first movie. :)

17. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clint and Tasha get some baked goodies...I finished this little room box bakery last night!

[​IMG]

18. cooleddie74

That's pretty cool! Dioramas and displays can be a lot of fun to create and use but I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. Lookin' good and it appears Clint and Tasha enjoy it as well! :bolian:

19. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

This is why I like playsets so much, ready made diorama for photographing figures in.

CCC.

20. cooleddie74

Part of the reason why we need toy companies like Hasbro to make more of them!