list of boyfriend rules

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How so?

2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

We've all been to your pity party before, the venue is usually more appropriate though.

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Your frequent misogyny is not any more appreciated in TNZ than it is here, but at least TNZ is opt-in, so you have to voluntarily make the choice to go there and deal with more rough and tumble discussion. Also, people are more free to give your posts the responses they deserve. Your sexism is not acceptable here in the open forum of Miscellaneous though, and I expect it to stop. Your posts manage to be insulting to both men and women.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tell me more.

6. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf: You've managed to stereotype and insult women and men, all in one sentence, and you think there's a right way to take it?! :scream:

7. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I know it's dangerous territory, as it were, for me (and any other woman) to talk about sex on a forum -- developments like this aren't unexpected. But they should be.

I also know that a lot of men have a problem with women talking about sex, sometimes for idealistic or misogynistic reasons, but usually just because they're not used to it. Lines between fun conversation or flirty banter and being rude and creepy can be difficult to navigate, so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But giving people the benefit of the doubt is getting harder to do with each passing year.

GalaxyX, if you need a woman to tell you how wrong you are about women, here you go: you are very, very wrong. And my patience for this shit is waning.

9. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So much for being a tolerant atheist.

10. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Could you elaborate please? I must be missing something.

11. thestrangequark

I'm baffled. What on earth does atheism have to do with this?

12. teacake

Apaz the godless are supposed to accept that men are animals.

13. thestrangequark

I can't even...I'm trying...what's the logic here?

A. Men are animals.
    B. Therefore they are expected to be ignorant misogynist shits.

C. Atheists recognize that men are animals.
    D. Therefore atheists must tolerate ignorant misogynist shit.

E. I do not tolerate ignorant misogynist shit.
    F. Therefore, I am not an atheist.

Did I get that right?

14. teacake

You left out evolution.

BUT! Otherwise you get an A. A for Atheist. Now make Galaxy X a sammich!

15. thestrangequark

One day all the Nice Guys are going to drive me to a total psychotic breakdown and I'm going to go on a violent killing spree targeting only evolutionary psychologists whose work focuses on the differences between the sexes.

16. Clark Terrell

Clark Terrell Lieutenant Commander

I used to know someone like that. Her list wasn't two hundred items long, but she had specific criteria that I'm sure most men don't meet. For instance, I know plenty of women who prefer taller men, but this woman wanted someone who was a certain number of inches taller than her when she was wearing high heels (she's 5'9" barefoot). That one criterion alone knocked out most of the world's male population.

17. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

It reminds me of this comic that has probably been seen everywhere: http://imgur.com/a/RmAjE?gallery

I love that comic, because it makes sense. There are nice guys, and then there are The Nice Guys. The ones who expect to be "rewarded" for being Nice Guys, and it's the kind of thing that pisses me off.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

tsq: Time to...

(puts on sunglasses)

...finish LAST.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

19. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

TSQ, I can sympathize. On equal pay day (last Friday) a male colleague lectured me for 45 minutes on why women block their own equal rights by not being solidaric. I could have murdered the idiot. So far I can control myself but the instant he tells me women get raped "because they ask for it" I'll get my dirtiest and bluntest scalpel out of the drawer and castrate him.

I am in doubt if GalaxyX really meant his comment in earnest. I think it was more a tongue-in-cheek statement that derailed a little. Men are pickier than one might think and there surely are a lot of not-so-handsome women who can behave as inviting as they like and yet never find a partner. And the same goes for some men.

I can only speak for myself but I would consider too obvious an offer actually a turnoff. I can't really explain why. It's just a - what's the expression again? - a gut feeling, instinct, something I can't quite pinpoint and analyze. My best guess is that it's a subconscious comparism with the behaviour of a prostitute.

20. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, he meant it. A number of us have had this conversation, and similar conversations, with him before.

It all comes down to personal preference. The heart wants what it wants. You mention "not-so-handsome" women, but I don't see it that way. As cliche as it has sounded all these years, beauty really and truly is in the eye of the beholder.

I remember, back in high school, liking a particular girl. She was intelligent, witty, and sadistically funny. Her sense of humor was off-beat, and I loved that about her. I was smitten, so smitten, and I had talked to a friend about asking her out. His response? "Her? She's weird! Why would you want to ask her out? Ew!"

Same woman, two totally different perspectives. That's why stereotyping is a terrible thing. Get 9 men in the same room, and you'll find 10 different opinions on what constitutes beauty and attraction. The same for women. Stereotypes just make people feel worse, and GalaxyX should know better by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.