College Football 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

None of this has to do with Penn State football, however. You have any thoughts on how he was as an offensive coordinator?

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Looking forward to the game here in a few minutes.

I don't particularly care who wins. I watched the whole first game between these two, and it was a defensive gem. After seeing some of these crazy bowl game scores, I'm actually looking forward to some solid D.

:techman:

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's only fun to watch a great defense when it's matched up against an equally great offense.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

If you had told me earlier that LSU would not cross midfield until 8 minutes to go in the game........ sheesh!

And Bama hasn't committed a penalty the entire game so far!

I'm no fan of the Tide, but that's one of the greatest defensive performances I have ever seen in a college game

6. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Welll, that's the ballgame. Congratulations to the Tide. Your defense is better than I gave it credit for, but then again LSU is playing like shit. Les Miles, I will never forgive you for this, you twat. :vulcan: Way to coach. Let a team who can't score a touchdown beat you. Pitiful. You're going to feel this loss for a long, loooooooong time LSU. You need to ring up the '07-'08 Patriots. Perfect season. And it means absolutely nothing. Your own fault.

Let it sink in, Les. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :thumbdown: Tide wins the title. How....unsatisfying.

EDIT--Ahhh, there's a touchdown after all. It only took 8 quarters. Damn, it would have been fun to play this LSU team. Could have made Les pay for slipping out without a word. He should have had his team focused instead of partying on bourbon street. I blame him 100 percent.

7. Neroon

It was as much Jefferson's fault tonight. He played without any kind of urgency or aggressiveness for the most part.

Damned impressive performance by the Tide defense, especially when you hold the opposition to less than 100 yds offense and commit only one penalty all game.

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

LSU managed 92 yards of total offense.

:lol:

Great win for Alabama. They are a very well-coached team. One penalty (on an insignificant play), no turnovers, everyone staying inbounds in the 4th quarter....nicely done.

:techman:

9. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

ROLL MOTHERFUCKING TIDE!!!!!!!!

10. Lieut. Arex

Lieut. Arex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's 14. And the Gameday set already has a "14" helmet. Awesome.

Aside from the win, my favorite part of the game was the SEC commercial "You're watching Number Six". Hell yeah.

Roll Tide!

11. tighr

Quite a few of my friends also commented on that commercial. Friends who aren't even fans of SEC teams. It was very awesome.

12. Neroon

Succinctly put. That's the game in a nutshell.

13. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

That's what head coaches and quarterback coaches are for--to yell at a kid to get his ass in gear. This is on Les. He didn't have his kids ready to play. Saban had his kids ready to play. That's it. That's all there is. Saban was prepared. He had his team motivated and prepared. LSU....I don't know what the hell they were doing.

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I'm pretty sure they did, in fact, score a touchdown.

15. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WE CAN HAZ PLAYOFF SYSTEM NAO, PLZ? :rolleyes:

16. tighr

God, I wish there was a +1. Bring it on, Oklahoma State.

Jerry Jones should make it happen, outside of the BCS. Call it an "exhibition game". Let's do it in February after the Super Bowl.

17. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I was really disappointed in the BCS championship.

Admittedly I was rooting for LSU. But the opportunity to see Alabama be beaten wasn't the only factor in play. I was just really, really disappointed that we didn't get to see a more even game. I did not want to see someone get steamrolled. That just got boring and disheartening. I didn't turn it off...but I definitely thought about it, many times. :(

18. tomalak301

You know I know the whole thing about preserving the regular season, but aren't finales supposed to be grandiose and epic? Some years we get that (Rose Bowl between USC and Texas which I still think was the best college football "championship game" in the last decade) but last night was boring and really really bad. Yeah I know we need a playoff system, but even if it was just a +1, it would be a huge improvement without tarnishing the regular season but making the end of the season feel a lot bigger.

19. tighr

Super Bowl XXXVII.

20. tomalak301

Uh, I don't get your point.