Last Resort was Awesome.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Eh. At least we get some kind of ending.

3. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I honestly can't tell why they haven't put a bullet in Serrat yet other than the need for an antagonist on the island. He would be a much more compelling villain if he didn't make his actions against them so blatant. It is almost cartoonish. "Oh you." Is not how you respond to a person who has tried to get you killed, kidnapped and murdered your people, etc.

4. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not a violent person but even I would have shot him by now.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I completely agree with the above. The show had so much promise and it's wasting it on such a useless bad guy.

Now with the bar woman's dad around they should kill off the other guy. He's useless and would have added some new fun from it.

6. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can understand buying a jury off if the populace is large, but how can he keep it a secret on such a small island? With the Islanders out for the rapist's blood, I just don't see how the jurors that were paid off would be able to keep the secret. Further, what would happen when the secret is revealed?

Why aren't the FBI, CIA, NSA or some other alphabet-soup spy organization keeping Kylie under surveillance? If she's such a person of interest that she keeps being discussed and her home searched, then surely she's worth keeping a visual eye on. Yet she comes and goes as she pleases to and from the Kendal residence.

Did Kendal remove the short-wave radio? Is he keeping the radio under watch so he can catch the mole? Did anyone see the smoke and smell the burning of the Navy Seal's body?

Chaplin's starting to get into the habit of meeting privately with Pitts. This is in contrast to just a couple of episodes earlier where he said that was not a good idea and against protocol/regulations.

Absolutely nothing mentioned about the COB this week. His torture alone ought to be enough to end Julian's life.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Serrat should definitely be killed. Chaplin had no problem executing that henchman in the previous episode but he won't off the main dude? It doesn't make much sense.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Yeah, this whole episode made no sense to me. I kept asking hubby, "Why doesn't he just SHOOT Serrat?" And yes, it's completely illogical to have the Captain one week say, "We can't meet in private" and the next week show them meeting in private--when they don't even HAVE to. If he's just tutoring her, he could have left the door open. It would have made more sense, since creepy Nuke guy might not have been such a dick if he knew that he could be replaced.

And not mentioning what happened to COB at all? What the hell?

9. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

The writers REALLY screwed up Serrat when they had him execute a sailor. The only response that would satisfy the crew is to kill him. It would really be out of the captain's hands as I could see a dozen of the crew going up to Serrat's house (led by the COB) in the middle of the night and taking him out.

Everything since that point-of-no-return has made no sense. The guy is a threat they just ignore and they get bit in the ass every episode because of it.

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Wow...has this show gone downhill fast. The thread title is ironically still true - "Last Resort WAS Awesome". They took a story with a really great premise and pissed it down the toilet. They have almost completely removed themselves from the main cause of this whole mess - the conspiracy at home - and are relegated to a universe of repackaged Gilligan's Island episodes. I'm waiting for someone to make a radio out of coconuts. I cannot remember when I've felt this let-down by a show that started out so good. Even Terra Nova managed to keep it together and remain relatively consistent until the final episode. This is just unraveling... :(

11. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I hope they will return to the Conspiracy plot for the finale.

12. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

I just saw last night's episode. It took the Captain an entire episode plus ten minutes to realize Robert Patrick's COB was missing. They never checked for him during last week's crisis, and now that this week's ship siege is over, nobody's still in any hurry to find him. Maybe he's of filming a movie, but to me this is a terminatable offense.....

Meanwhile Grace just happens to find the critical second launch key hanging on a wall, and the Captain's skeptical. He suspects her unless she finds out who did it. Even if she does, how's the Captain to know it's not a frame up? (Even though I'm sure she's innocent. Nobody guilty could be that stupid.)

13. bigdaddy

Ummm... we already know who had it. it's the woman who is sleeping with the captain.

This episode sucked less than the other ones, because there were no lame islanders, but was so fucking stupid. The sniper waiting around, not being ready for 15 minutes as everyone else was all set. t was just silly.

14. Venardhi

Giving some reason it took that guy so long to get into position would have been nice, but it is nothing compared to them letting one of them grab the XO's wife and running off to the other SEAL team to hop in the helicopter while they all just sit there impotently.

15. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

It's a sign of horrible writing when nonsensical stuff just "happens" because the writers need it to. If this is the best they have its good the series was cancelled.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This should have been one of those British tv shows that last 6 episodes.
    It seems that even 13 are too many for this story to be told.

17. bigdaddy

I agree. I loved the show, it was sort different and fun. I don't mind some stupid parts, it's a TV show and I doubt the writers have lived on a sub. However it gets to the point in which I'm watching people get murdered and all they say is "I'm not ready!" 3-4 times over the course of 15 or so minutes. How many more people need to die for no reason?!

I'll stick with it to the end, but I'm glad this got canceled, it's garbage now.

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

It seems like the two women who were shot were nobody's spouses, 'cause we didn't see anybody on the sub react any more than the general crew did. Nobody stood up and screamed their name or screamed "That was my wife!!!" or anything like that.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The show showed a lot of promise when it first started off but it's devolving into utter stupidity recently. This show should've been a two hour film since apparently there's not even enough story for a third of a season much less 13 or 22 episodes.

20. Venardhi

Well remember the episodes of fluff are there to help them draw out the story for 5 seasons, not because they don't have enough story to fill a season. That is why miniseries are generally such a step up from your standard show, because they can take that premise that would need to be drawn out and filled in with extraneous b and c plots to fill a TV show and just cut right down to the meat of the story.