Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Agree completely. Whats the worse they do? Make another film that's on par with the prequel trilogy? I certainly hope Lucas' imput as a creative consultant is limited.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Now I just have to figure out how to transition from not buying Clone Wars seasons to not buying Star Wars movies.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    As long as Episode VII isn't worse than Episode II let them take a crack at it. Hey, I sat through Speed 2 and Batman and Robin. None of us have any business boiling Lucas in oil when those two nougated elephant turds doused in phlegm exist and Joel Schumacher is walking this planet free and allowed to make films.

4. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Yes SW is a franchise that Disney now controls.

From the Disney wikia:
    If the video format is no longer a huge money maker they move on to the next format. Which for 90s Disney shows (Gargoyles) will be streaming video. There is a limited market for streaming standard definition 4:3 format video. If it is not 16:9 HD (if not a 35mm film source) then it will probably be lost and not be a franchise to reissue. They will probably just reboot the Gargoyles franchise and produce it in 4k or HD if they feel it will stand the test of time.

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone have an image of a present day Carrie Fisher wielding a lightsabre? ;)

It stands to reason R2 and C3PO would return. But I wonder if Hamill and Carrie would be game? Surely Mayhew would return but we all know the loveable grump Ford is nothin' doin'.

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Given how much she enjoys riffing on her Leia days, I'm sure Carrie'd be up for a one-scene cameo, or some other very minor contribution. Doubt she'd want to return in any significant capacity.

7. cooleddie74

Does this mean more appearances of Hayden Christensen as a Force ghost? Anakin's spirit is said to help guide Luke, the revived Jedi Order and the New Republic in the years after the defeat of Vader and the Emperor at Endor so I wonder if this means Hayden gets more work as Anakin Skywalker in the new films, even if it's a shimmering blue ghost that can't really interact with anything?

8. jadcox@mindspring.com

jadcox@mindspring.com Commodore Commodore

So, have they hired Joss Whedon yet?

9. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if we'll see the return of the Sith for the next bunch of movies.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Maybe we will finally learn that Yoda's parents are Kermit and Miss Piggy!

11. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Re: Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm

Which is probably why I couldn't find it in this forum. Seeing as how Lucas is primarily know for SF&F, I thought this forum needed a thread about it.

Yeah, I got that. Thing is, not everyone with a interest in Lucasfilm gives a shit about Star Wars, and there's nothing in that title that even hints of a Disney connection. I, for one, have absolutely no interest in an "Episode 7", and probably wouldn't ever have entered that thread, had no one since told me that it deals with the Disney acquisition. Seeing as it does, I have no problem with this thread being closed.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I would imagine that professional fanboys in the entertainment industry like JJ Abrams will be lining up to get the chance to direct a Star Wars movie

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ah, OK. I was wondering how Disney could Produce the Syndrome in this case :alienblush:

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wow, if all goes according to plan, 2015 will see the release of Avengers 2. Justice League and Star Wars. Wow. What a summer that will be.

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm

We're only 3 1/2 hours into the party, and I'm sure it will stretch on for days if not months. :rommie: Sure, let's have all the threads be about this. I'm psyched!

16. cooleddie74

And who knows? We might get the third Abramsverse TREK film in 2015, too.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I wouldn't be so sure. Trek films take a while to make, just like SW films do. 2016, maybe.

18. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

But where the hell is my flying Deloreon????

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I still have a feeling this is going to end up as some type of series reboot.

20. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Bond 24? :D