Searching for closeup view of this Enterprise diagram

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by retronaut, Sep 15, 2009.

1. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Very nice work with that. :)

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Interestingly, it appears in the side-view the nacelle has the taper but not in the overhead. And it's not perspective...that would affect both views.

3. retronaut

retronaut Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Very nice Shaw. What software did you use for the re-creation?

4. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Well, the illustration work was done in Create, which is an application by a friend of mine that I've used for all my blueprints and technical sketches (mainly because there is a version for all of the platforms I use). The final coloring and all was done in Photoshop.

5. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't understand the reason for your anger about this subject. I certainly meant no disrespect, seeing as how I was not aware of your efforts in this matter.

6. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

I failed to feel the anger that you failed to see a reason for, so it it must be a figment of your imagination.

As for being annoyed by having to sign up for a forum to find out that there was nothing to sign up to find out... yeah, I'm feeling plenty of that. After all, you described it as a waaaaay serious attempt (I would hardly describe my attempt to date as serious), which now means I know what that means for you (and where you draw the line for things to be considered impossible too).

Serious, impossible... people assign various degrees to the use of these words and you usually have to know a person to know what they mean when using them within their speech. For you these applied where I generally wouldn't think so... and now I know.

And maybe I should also take note that you interpret other people being annoyed as being angry. I was annoyed at this wild goose chase, but hardly angry. Though considering your idea of when to apply serious, it is quite understandable why you'd read mild annoyance as anger.

As long as we are defining words, I'd hardly call anything I've done here an effort... I really haven't started putting forward an effort yet. I was playing around for a few minutes to see what I might come up with (this post took longer to type than it took me to draw what I posted). But I was attempting to determine if this might be worth some effort or if the best possible version had already been done by someone. And actually feek61 has done a nice rendition.

Sadly, there is a good chance you'll read this as anger too... I hope not, because that would be annoying. :D

7. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Sometimes you're seeking information, sometimes you're providing information. Think of it as the Circle of TrekBBS Life.

Cue Elton John.

8. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are you by any chance related to Christopher, the Writer? 'Cause you sure seem to enjoy a satisfying trip to the woodshed. ;)

Hope this doesn't annoy you too much.

9. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

I'm guessing that this comment was harking back to this post by you... which, of course, brought on this response.

It is interesting as it seems he must have really gotten under your skin if you felt a compulsion to bring him up in a thread in which he was not taking part. I gotta respect Christopher for that. ;)

So no, I don't find that annoying... I'll take it as a compliment. :D

But you might want to let things like your run in with Christopher go. It is best to just move on and forget about such things (as I'm sure he hasn't given you a second thought).

10. EDP197

EDP197 Cadet Newbie

Wear can I get the cleaned up version of this say 11x14? Please HELP!!!

11. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Copy and resize.

12. Monoplex

Monoplex Ensign Newbie

While I understand what you're suggesting, but the picture will get pixelated even if it's converted to PNG or TIFF.

13. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

^ I copied the image, brought it into Photoshop, cropped it down to just the cleaned-up version, doubled the resolution to 1500 ppi, and applied the Sharpen filter. The result looks clean enough to me to be blown up to 11 x 14 or even bigger.

14. Monoplex

Monoplex Ensign Newbie

Scot, I'll give it a go! Any suggestions on where to purchase a lightbox?

15. moomrah

moomrah Cadet Newbie

where can I get one of these?

16. astarguy

astarguy Ensign Red Shirt

where to purchase a light box? just make one a few 2x4's a light bulb and a piece of translucent plexy is all u need

17. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

I wonder what became of the original? Did it get saved, along with the captain's chair and the helm console, or did it get chucked in a dumpster?