Tribble Toy Variations

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by ClassicTVMan81, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You suggest that we made them and gave them to the Roddenberrys for resale?

The wealth of incredible detail you ask for in this and all your other threads is starting to make me wonder. Are you mocking us?

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Huh?

In the 70s and 80s, Lincoln Enterprises was staffed by workers with limited English, which is the main reason customers had to order by catalogue numbers. Letters asking questions had to wait until Majel Barrett came into the warehouse.

I assume that Lincoln farmed out the work of making tribbles, cutting up lengths of film into clip frames, duplicating scripts and TAS storyboards, etc.

No.

3. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

FWIW, the company "Tribble Toys" is actually run by David Gerrold's business partner, Miles Rinis. (I'm not sure how much David actually has to do with the day-to-day operations - probably not a whole lot, though he did contact me a few years ago about doing the website for them. Unfortunately, my employer wasn't interested, and I didn't have the infrastructure to do it independently. Every time I've seen them at a con, Miles has been manning the booth.)

Point being, the toys you get from Tribble Toys are just about as authentic as you're going to get, aside from Lincoln Enterprises.

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I make my own.

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I tried to buy my glommer from Miles at Tribble Toys, referred from David Gerrold's website, but there was some glitch in his overseas ordering system at the time (2010), and he mentioned that Roddenberry.com had some stock from the same source. I knew I'd had no problem with that site, and my glommer arrived!

6. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL, before I read your explanation I only judged by the picure and thought it was a slice of Tribble-toast. :D

Pictures, please!!! [​IMG]
    And congrats on your promotion :) How's the new lounge?

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Sorry, I don't have any pictures of them. They're pretty basic - fun fur, sewn by hand (I'm honestly scared of electric sewing machines!). One year my local Star Trek club made a bunch in various colors and enlisted some out-of-town and SCA friends to play a joke on our Captain (our club was organized as a ship, the U.S.S. Wynnderuner) at the summer science fiction convention. Thing is, our Captain held another position: Assistant Tribble Keeper (it's a long story, and a rather scary one, as to what became of the Chief Tribble Keeper). Throughout the weekend, people would pass him in the hotel hallway or casually bump into him at a panel... and hand him a Tribble. During the Saturday night party, he opened his drinks cooler and discovered that some Tribbles had beaten him to it. The poor things had obviously been there for quite a while, since they'd turned blue from the cold! :eek: And evidently there is a type of Tribble that enjoys the "punk" look, as it was half-blue and half-pink.

The Captain was not terribly impressed with us by the end of the weekend... :D

The new lounge is ghastly quiet. I posted in THREE threads so far, and nobody's even said hello yet. :(