OT: The United Earth Universe.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XFozzboute, Nov 14, 2011.

1. XFozzboute

XFozzboute Captain In Memoriam

Well, We'll see. :D

UPDATE...
    As far as I’m concerned the engine assembly is done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now with the engine done I can start to think about the hull of the ship.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Sweet. This ship would fit right in in the Firestorm Armada tabletop wargame.

--Alex

3. XFozzboute

Thanks.:D I have no idea what that game is. Maybe I'll look it up.

4. XFozzboute

UPDATE..
    Started to add details to the back of the ship. And I’m thinking about ideas for an RCS system.
    [​IMG]
    I think I’m done with the details for the back of the ship. So I added a few new ideas to the hull. And I have to do something to thicken the wall of the landing bay.
    [​IMG]

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Great turrets on there--very B-29 like.

6. XFozzboute

Thanks was what I was going for.

Well just finshed playing Killzone 3 and reminded me how much I love first person shooters. Unfortunately my computer is acting up now because of the unusually warm weather and it keeps shutting down if I try to render a picture of the ship. Probably just needs a good cleaning again. But I was able to get a few renders of progress on the main guns.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Looks like I may have actually fixed the problem I was haveing with my computer. It’s not the best render but atleast it rendered.
    [​IMG]
    Here’s what the entire ship looks like so far. I turned off all the lights except for the skylight just to see if it would render.
    [​IMG]

8. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I’ve been haveing alot of trouble getting online this month. Either the pages don’t load or my broadband drags slower than dial up. I decided to just jump ship from T Mobile and go with Comcast. Decided to do more work on my M’Aangan Cruiser so I added a few more details and thought I might see how it looks if I attach a few fighters to the outside of the ship.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Well after several days of banging my head against the internet I decided to switch over to Comcast. And now I’m back /insert evil laugh here/
    I added more detail to the top of the ship and some glowy bits along the side trench.
    [​IMG]
    This shot gives a small view of the upper shuttle bay.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some observation windows on the side of the ship. I might make this one room instead of two.
    [​IMG]
    A good look at the new details I added to the back.
    [​IMG]
    Finally cracked the idea of what I want to do with the cannons. I think it’s a good start.
    [​IMG]

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Lovely detailing.

11. XFozzboute

Thanks.

UPDATE...
    More greebleage. Most of it is just placeholders.
    [​IMG]
    More detail added to the cannon. I really like this one and think it’s the best weapon I’ve designed.
    [​IMG]
    Back of the cannon.
    [​IMG]
    Here’s a quick look at what I’m thinking for the front of the ship. The big open bits will be greebled all to hell.;D
    [​IMG]

12. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    The month is almost over and I’m starting to get burned out on this thing so I added a few more details.
    [​IMG]
    I think I’ve finally locked down an idea for the interior rooms.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More details and more rooms.
    [​IMG]

13. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looking good as always.

14. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Not really an update but I wanted to do one last shot of the rooms useing Mental Ray and I still like it.
    While I was screwing around I discovered this. It’s pretty cool. http://new.weavesilk.com/
    [​IMG]

15. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    New month. New year. New old project. I decided to work a bit on my bug ship. Didn’t want to work on another station. Things are starting to come into shape. I’ll change that bright red light to either blue or green since this will tie into the reactors along the spine and those have blue lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Added more to the spine of the ship and including newly rebuilt reactors. I’ve also starting on a couple of window placements. I thought about making the windows segmented like a bugs eye but then I decided it would be too hard to do so I just went with a shape that wasn’t round or square.
    [​IMG]
    Changed the red bit to blue and it works much better. I’m still not sure what the round things on the wings are. They could be small weapons but I like them being sensors instead.
    [​IMG]

17. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

So truly amazing detail in all your work. Excellent job.

18. XFozzboute

Thank you. :D

UPDATE...
    Many more windows have been added. Just a few more to do.
    [​IMG]
    I also had a new idea for another ship that matches better with an old fighter design that I have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Spent alot of time cleaning up mesh errors and I still have a few left to do. I added a few new details and cut down on the amount of objects in the scene. Also I was nice enough to get my self a new Nikon D5100 camera. 18 months without interest is so cool. So I’m spending more time trying to figure that out but it will help me with textures.
    [​IMG]
    Added the main engine.
    Please ignore the red engine light. It’s just left over from the original engine design that sucked hard.
    [​IMG]

20. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    More details.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]