Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I think one of the whole points of the Guardian launch was so Lex could meet with Clark. Wanted to get Superman's attention for their traditional meeting :) One thing that is bugging me that is a carryover from the series is Clark's continued reliance on Chloe and Watchtower. I realize that this is something unique to "Smallville" and that the comics (that's an ironic statement now isn't it?) version never had anyone to rely on but it still bugs me, and I guess it's nothing more than a plot device to keep Chloe around and still relevant. Clark really doesn't need Chloe or Watchtower's resources now that he's Superman. So far I could see most of this being one of the best seasons of "Smallville" since the start (not the finish) of season eight.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Beyond that I could see many fans of the show, meaning the actual show with the actors, not caring about a comic sequel. Its cute to call it "season 11" but its not really.

The best analogy I can come up with is this is like translating English to Chinese and than back to English again.

The show was VERY different from its source material. Somewhat due to budget limitations but mostly choice. Now the show is a comic..... but telling different styles of stories. The main connection to the show is the actors.... no the likeness of the actors...

Minus the awkward continuity of the show there are surprisingly many other ways of seeing Clark as Superman in comic book form.....

3. Admiral_Young

Of course fans of the actual show might not care about the a comic...they might not be comic fans in the first place. I know many friends who watched "Smallville" and are Superman fans but don't read the comics for whatever reason. Your comment is like season Buffy Season Eight and Nine shouldn't be called that because it's in print form instead of on television. I think Joss Whedon would disagree with that. If this had been written by someone not associated with the series, maybe you'd be on to something but I have to disagree with you. Also the style of writing told in the comic hasn't changed very much. Just the quality of the writing has :)

4. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Just imagine if Miles and Alfred were writing it! All Lana, all the time! :eek:

5. Admiral_Young

I wouldn't mind if Miller brought back ugh...Kryptonite Woman...just to undo that stupid stupid stupid thing. LOL. There's no reason why he couldn't. :)

6. Admiral James Kirk

I only want him to undo Kryptonite Woman if he turns her into Cancerous Tumor Woman. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hate Lana. :lol: In addition, I would want him to clarify that he didn't settle for Lois just because he couldn't be with Lana. Lois has got to be THE ONE! I'm quite unyielding on that point. :D

7. Admiral_Young

I've never minded Lana...I just hate the way she was written in the series. Kirsten wasn't as bad as those detractors always said she was. The Kryptonite Woman plot remains my most hated arc or plot in the entire series, Veritas would be second. It drives me crazy because of Saturn Girl's comment to Lana only like a season before. "You've a great destiny." WHAT??? Great destiny is to done a suit powered by the very thing that kills my boyfriend. I always thought the writers were overkilling on the fact that the two were just toxic on each other and going about it in a lame way. LOL

8. Admiral James Kirk

I never hated Kristen either. She did the best she could with the material she was given. Was it really her fault the material was repetitious? No. Was it her fault the producers were clearly in love with her? Again no. I blame Kristen Kreuk for nothing. You think she'll sleep with me now? ;)

I am kinda surprised you hated the Kryptonite Woman mini-arc more than the Lana/Witch storyline. KW was awful but at least it went somewhere.

The Lana/Witch storyline was a dead end. What did her ancestor being burned as a witch have to do with Smallville, the race for the Fortress of Solitude or the Superman mythos in general? Nada. It was never revisited again either. That's why the Lana/Witch is my most hated storyline.

When I sit down and think about it, I find that s4 itself, almost ended up being a wasted season save the introduction of Lois and the Fortress. Heck, I was amazed that they were able to recycle the Jason and Genevieve Teague storyline into the fun Veritas arc later on.I can almost forgive s4 it's missteps because we got a fantastic Robert Picardo appearance later on down the line.

Almost.

Still, I honestly do think that giving s4 credit for inadvertently spawning a better storyline years later is almost giving it too much credit. :)

9. Admiral_Young

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't really care for Batman's costume. Is that Robin a girl?

11. Admiral_Young

Batman`s costume while not the greatest is obviously Smallville-ized :) Yes Robin appears to be a girl. Not really surprising given Bryan Q. Miller`s affection for Stephanie Brown.

12. ncc71877

ncc71877 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Oh the thought of that makes me smile.

ncc71877 :hugegrin:

13. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

With BQM writing, I really have to wonder if that is Stephanie. Well, a Smallville-ized Stephanie, of course.

14. Admiral_Young

^Exactly. I could totally see him doing that, since we saw them use Mia instead of Roy, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a Smallville version of Steph.

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Should be very, very cool! It took me forever of staring that artwork to see Robin's body position, I couldn't find (his) arms and such, finally it came out and, yeah, it does seem Robin might be female.

This will be nice and interesting.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed that Robin is weilding a sword.

17. Admiral_Young

Could be influenced from multiple Robin's then. The sword of course belonging to Damian. Will be interesting to find out!

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not just a sword. It's a sword that appears to be shooting lightning! :)

No, really. There's some sort of lightning-like crackle around the sword's tip.

19. Admiral_Young

That does sound like something Smallville would do lol.

20. Admiral James Kirk