Bill Murray Confirms Ghostbusters III Rumor

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"and even Rick Moranis has said he'd come out of retirement for a Ghostbusters 3!"

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43624

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm up for another GB movie, even a bad one, just get the boys back together, and if they can get Sigourney, Rick and Anne Potts in it then im sold.

3. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't mind him recording another album, that's for sure.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That might be old news. From what I heard, he was in at one point, then dropped out again. I hope something happens and he does come back.

I clicked on the link in that article and noticed that they mentioned Murray returning as a slimer ghost and I thought... Okay, things just got a little worse. It's bad enough that the latest news has him as a ghost, but now he'll be a cartoonish green blob? Then I watched the video interview with Reitman and saw that it was just the interviewer casually asking about Bill as a "slimer kind of character".

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

This is sounding a bit like that long banded about Ghostbusters III script.

6. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Murray as a slimer ghost, and writers from "The Office" ... that's two nails in the coffin. I now have bad feelings about this being worth a damn.

7. DonnyBaker

DonnyBaker Lieutenant

I sure hope this happens. I've been a fan since I was knee-high- to a tadpole.

8. Spockette2

Spockette2 Cadet Newbie

:shifty:
    I have no interest in a Ghostbuster film without a breathing Peter Venkman portrayed by Bill Murray. If he can't get his heart right about the movie, then I think they're better off cancelling plans to make it. It's like selling unsweetened Hershey Bars over the counter at the grocery store. Ever had unsweetened chocolate? BLECHH!!!! :crazy:

9. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I'm not sure why some people are assuming that Murray won't be like himself when he's a ghost. I think he'll play the ghost exactly how he plays Venkman, and therein lies the humor. I can see it working either as him being an adversary to the Ghostbusters, or aiding them in some way. Think about him screwing with Ray and Egon in the first movie, then imagine him doing it from beyond the grave. I don't know, I think there's potential there.

In fact, remember that scene at the very beginning of the first movie when Egon is listening to a table with a stethoscope and Venkman comes up behind him and raps on the table and says "Eeegon" in the spooky voice? Like that!

10. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It all depends on the execution. If, for example, it's handled like I mentioned earlier...

Well, that's just stupid.

11. LitmusDragon

Well Ivan Reitman hated Hellbent, and he's signed back on to do the movie, so I hope that Hellbent is out the window and they're doing something else. No details have come to light though.

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

13. LitmusDragon