Gaming Deals

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

This week (Oct. 31-Nov. 6) is buy 2, get 1 free on ALL console video games between $14.99 and $59.99 at Target.

Amazon sort of has the same sale but it's on 150 or so select titles per console (and they have a very crappy method of viewing them). Does include PC though.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^ Ugh, I wish I knew about that Target sale a week ago. I could have gotten Halo Reach and Fable 3 and something else for $40 each. Instead I got Fable 3 on Amazon for $60 with a $20 next game credit.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Bioshock 2 is only £6.25 on Amazon.co.uk right now.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

for the brits here

Gameplay.co.uk
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - £21.99
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - £22.99

Shop To.net has a number of deals and both offer free next day p&p if ordered before 2pm

5. Aragorn

Amazon.com Gold Box "deal of the day" for Tuesday, Nov. 9 is....

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for either the PS3 or 360.

Only $25, which is a shocker considering how recent of a release this game is.

I can't speak about the game (BigFoot really likes it though), but the graphics are sure pretty.

6. Aragorn

Toys R Us this week (Nov. 14-20) is buy one get one 40% off console games. Amazon has the same sale but it's on select titles.

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

9. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Well, if you like the McFarlane toys and miniatures, the statue is really well done :techman:

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I apparently left it in my cart long enough for it to expire. Missed out Dead Rising 2 which I wanted as well... ahhh well.. Need to pay more attention to the deals!

Alan Wake Limited was 30 bucks, I bought it for 40 a few months back, finally opened it today... pretty cool game, I need to get better at playing what I buy.

Hopefully Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition pops up again during the Black Friday deals...

12. PsychoPere

^ It expires" after about 20 minutes in-cart now, according to Amazon's Daily Deals page.

Crackdown 2 is $15 on Amazon.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

OH CRAP! Crackdown 2 is the only game I have left to buy that I want! Awesome!

EDIT: I went to Amazon and Crackdown is not $15. Was this a one hour lightning deal I missed? :(

14. PsychoPere

Ah, hell. The link I had followed said it was a daily deal, not one of the lightning deals. I was going to look up some reviews after watching The Office to decide if I wanted it.

So sorry to have given you false hope. :(

15. black_dranzer

black_dranzer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Microsoft's official distributor is currently selling Age of Empires 3 + Expansions for 10p. I'm including the British link here but apparently international versions are also available. The offer ends at 10pm PT

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB/dailydeal/day7/

16. PsychoPere

[LEFT]^ To add to the above, this is day 7 of ongoing daily 10 cent sales. Previous sale titles include GTA IV, Borderlands, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Saints Row 2, and BioShock, so they actually are putting some good games up. The U.S. page is here, for anyone interested. Through the same GFW Marketplace, BioShock 2 is currently a "Deal of the Week" at $9.99.

Correction: Not all of the daily deals are 10 cents. The BioShock 1 game was apparently $2 yesterday.
    [/LEFT]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  17. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I just picked that up. For 10 cents, I'll buy any game.

18. PsychoPere

Looks like those daily deals are now finished, too.

For anyone who purchased Age of Empires III during the sale, apparently the store ran out of activation keys during the sale (surprise! sell something for 10 cents, everyone will grab it), so the site says we should be receiving keys over the course of the week.

Also: Joystiq's Black Friday sales hub and Kotaku's round-up. In addition, Amazon's lightning deals for games today are, courtesy of Joystiq: Civilization V for PC for $30, right now; at 10:15am PST, Vanquish for X360 or PS3 for $45; at 10:15am PST, Nintendo DSi XL in Midnight Blue for $139; at 1:15pm PST, Alpha Protocol for X360 or PS3 at $30; and at 4:15pm EST, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum for PC at $15.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  19. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

FWIW, I checked and my key showed up yesterday.

20. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Amazon has two new-ish Namco games on sale right now.

Enslaved (360, PS3) - $25.00
    Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom (360, PS3) - $22.99

Not sure how long the sales will last so if you're interested in either of these games, now might be the time to jump in.

I'm wrapping up Enslaved now and it's one of my contenders for GOTY which is saying a lot in a year that included Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption and Batman: Arkham Asylum. I LOOOOOOVE story driven games and find Enslaved absolutely brilliant despite the sometims wonky controls.