Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Hehe, I keep wondering when the FBI or someone is going to wonder what's with all the weird shit going on in Storybrooke.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I wonder if coming through the barrier from the other side would have any effect.

This was another good episode. We got our explanation of how Hook was able to get Aurora's heart; it made sense and it was not what any of us predicted. :rommie:

I liked Emma's showdown with Cora and her conversation with Rumpy-- she is apparently more special than anyone guessed.

It certainly took them long enough to figure out that the squid ink was on the parchment, though.

3. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I gotta admit... :rolleyes: ... I totally missed that obvious answer until Snow/MM brought it up.

I'm waiting for the moment when Snow turns to Emma, after she's pulled another rabbit out of her hat and says something like, "Momma knows best!" :p

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Robert Carlyle is just so good! If Gold's gonna be redeemed, they're...I dunno...setting it up but being a bit...inconsistent? Maybe that's best, that he's taking two steps forward and one back all the time. But I love Carlyle! Loved him in SGU, too.

5. sojourner

For the Robert Carlyle fans:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSIp76CvUI[/yt]

6. propita

Seen that! Just great. Was he reading a prompter?

And I like the Mame Dennis (Auntie Mame) quote.

7. sojourner

Not sure about the prompter, but even if he was, it was still impressive to do a 5 minute scene with no breaks like that.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Well, you have to realize that Rumpelstiltskin is cursed. He didn't come by his abilities completely willingly, he was tricked into it by the previous Dark One.

So chances are the "two steps forward" is the man inside trying to overcome that curse, while the "one step back" is the curse fighting back.

9. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved Cora's line "You don't think I keep my heart in the same place as everybody else." :lol:

Poor Regina :( I can see how she'll continue to straddle the line between good and evil while Emma still gets all the good stuff with Henry.

I was very surprised that Snow managed to wake Prince Charming so easily, I really thought there would be a twist to that.

The ending was very ominous. I wonder if the Beanstalk is a permanent fixture? It could provide a way for the two worlds to cross.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I loved Emma's line to Regina: "Your mother . . . a real piece of work."

(Or words to that effect.)

Thank you, Emma, for keeping it real.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, that was great. And as soon as she started Your Mother... and then the Pause, I just knew she was gonna say "She's a piece of work". It also served to communicate "Now I understand why you became such a piece of work yourself" from Emma to Regina

12. propita

If Regina is going to be redeemed, leaving Cora as the Big Bad and Hook as her sidekick, someone is going to have to invite her to the party sometime. I mean, everyone walked away from her. She's been trying and she just got left alone. I actually felt a bit sorry for her.

13. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Yeah - I felt she deserved a little more of a that a girl than she got.

I liked Hook's little speech to Emma about being done with her. I think the guy was being sincere.

I want Gold to out fox Hook, but I also want to keep Hook around.

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, that really shocked me, I kept expecting someone, anyone, to say "You comin' Regina"?, and then it was made clear she wasn't invited when they said "See You Later". Lana did a really job showing the pain in her expression when they left her standing there by herself.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I was slightly surprised that Henry blew her off, but it kind of makes sense-- it would probably never even occur to him at this stage that she would have any interest in socializing with them.

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And to be fair, while it's easy for us in the audience to go "Aaah, poor Regina, they hurt her feelings!", we should probably remember just how much hell Reginia has put them through over the years. Heck, by my reckoning, it's only been a few weeks or less, in Storybrooke time, since Regina tried to poison Emma, framed Mary Margaret for murder, murdered the hunky sheriff, locked Belle up in an asylum, etc. And that's not counting her various atrocities as the Wicked Queen back in Fairyland . . . .

As far as most of Storybrooke is concerned, they're like "Are you serious? You're actually worried about hurting Idi Amin's feelings? The woman rips hearts out with her bare hands, cursed the entire town, murdered her own father, and you want to invite her to a family dinner because, at the last moment, she decided not to risk killing Snow and Emma?"

17. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I also think Regina has some more growing up... she needs to show compassion to someone other than Henry. She didn't try to save Emma and Snow, she tried to live up to the woman Henry wants to believe she can be.

Once she starts doing unto others, as she would do unto Henry, then she will win the right to walk off in to the sunset holding Henry's right hand while Emma has his left.

Hmmm.

Not sure who will have Regina's other hand...

Snow?

Remember... at one time a youthful Snow DID love the older Regina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWd_STweTI

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWd_STweTI[/yt]

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very cool, I like McGowan.

20. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

:)i love the show can"t want till it come back!