Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I had root canals that were less painful then this week's episode. I almost didn't finish it. it wasn't funny or interesting in any way.

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, another stinker. Pity, as the visuals were top notch. I especially like the water effect at the end, the idea that water would reflect the hue of any sky. And the buildings/structures in the Void were kind of neat.

Too bad we were subjected to that asshole micro corporal again. He's worse than Jar-Jar. He never shuts up. As Christopher mentioned, didn't we go through the whole he-learns-respect-for-droids thing last week? And having him jump around screaming like an idiot for most of the 22 minutes was gut-wrenching.

I was rewatching (and thoroughly enjoying) the season 2 dvds this week. Is it possible that the series is somehow now more aimed at little kids? Is this is Season of the Children? The episodes from season 2 were very sophisticated in story and seemed to have had a more adult flavor to them.

IMO, Season 5 in general (besides the premiere and the finale of Ahsoka's lightsaber building arc) is turning out to be the most unsatisfying season so far.

3. Enterprise is Great

I've enjoyed this season until the last 2 episodes. Someone please tell me that we're done with this Droid arc as of this episode.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Call me crazy but I liked these two droid episodes, I even found the second episode amusing...

5. ALF

The droids are fine. But it's Gascon who is dragging this story down. Does anyone like him? He is the big mouth know it all... I get it, that's his character BUT part of making characters that you care about is making them likeable. If Gascon ends up a grease spot under some droid's foot at the end of this 4 story arc then I wouldn't be sad.

What a dick. Comic relief is exactly supposed to provide relief, but the only thing I could do was go back to more season 2 episodes to cleanse the palette.

6. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It looks like one more episode, since the episode after that, "An Old Friend", is a Padmé episode.

7. ALF

From Wikipedia:
    January 5, 2013 - "Missing in Action"
    "D-Squad discovers that Abafar, the planet they are trapped on, is Separatist-controlled, but they also discover a Republic Clone Commando named Gregor, who has been stranded on the planet as well. They must work together to get off the planet safely."
    Seems odd that we must wait 3 weeks to get the conclusion to this unsatisfying arc. Then we get:

S05E13 Jan12 Point of No Return
    S05E14 Jan 19 Eminence
    S05E15 Jan 26 Shades of Reason

(Note: Those above airdates/titles are from Wikipedia, in conflict with those listed on Wookiepedia)
    http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars_Season_5

8. Enterprise is Great

Ugh. I'm seriously considering not watching the next episode. The little green colonel guy is annoying so is that droid with 47 on it's head and there's not enough R2-D2!

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if they would be brave enough to ever do a pure R2-D" episode, where not a word is spoken at all.

10. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Come on, Gregor is awesome.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Is Gregor a returning character? I never bother to keep the clones apart.

12. Drago-Kazov

He has to be in this arc somewhere.

13. Stephen!

Is Gregor named after Ewan McGregor?

14. Drago-Kazov

15. Stephen!

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ugh, did not care for this episode at all. I'm another one who doesn't like Gascon, and when so much of the episode revolves around him it makes it hard to like the episode.

17. ALF

Unfortunately this season has the biggest crop of episodes that I won't suspect will be enjoyable to re-watch. The bulk of episodes from season 1-3 are of that ilk; this seems to be the season of experimentation at The Clone Wars and it's off the mark.

Do you think Gaston is the work of Dave Filoni?

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should have a Clone Wars Holiday Special. It needs to somehow include Han Solo dancing in that Star Wars Kinect game.

19. Enterprise is Great

Surprisingly I liked this episode. I'm glad they toned downed the stupidity of Gascon and that droid, 47 and focused more on Gregor the amnesiac Clone Commando. It's hard to believe that he could've gotten away at the end as it looked so hopeless for his survival but this is Star Wars so it's possible. If the Droids arc over now? I do not ever want to see Gascon again...or his droid frenemy.

20. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

It was great to have a Clone Commando show up again. I'm a big fan of the game and books.