Will we ever see a red Tardis?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well at the moment unlikely due to the fact that the only TARDIS in existance is stuck in it's current form due to faulty a chameleon circuit. Though I guess anything is possible

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

A scene where the Doctor is fiddling with the circuit, bangs it with his sonic screwdriver in frustration and the Tardis briefly turns red would be great...

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's probably red in the parallel universe on Fringe.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Not all of them, the ones in Edinburgh are blue. I think it would look weird! :lol:

6. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's easy to spot Red, Blue and Purple around town plus a crazed White one near the Pleasance.

7. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

according to the article only glasgow ones were red. so i'd assume the rest of scotland had blue too.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Now that's just begging for a crossover. Can you imagine The Doctor meeting Walter? :lol:

9. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw a red one in Glasgow's Transport museum.

Mr Awe

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'll betcha if she catches the Doctor snuggling up to another TARDIS, she'll see Red :devil:

And, she doesn't have a defective Chameleon Circuit, she's just partial to the Blue Police Box look. (She did have a defective Chameleon Circuit when 6 started messing around with it, trying to force her to change, though).

11. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was also a red one in east London - it was used as the fire control station for one of the Thames tunnels (the Blackwall tunnel ISTR... not there now, was until the mid 1980s), and as it was run by the fire brigade it was painted red.

When I was a kid, a poster magazine used a red police box as a graphic: cue massive playground arguments about what colour the TARDIS really was, ending in every kid in the street cramming into the one house with a colour TV to watch Planet of the Spiders (I think) and see for themselves.

12. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am reminded of the scene in one of the Simpson's Halloween Specials where their house keeps changing because of the "damage" that Homer is doing to the timeline by the stuff he is doing in the past, thanks to the Toaster/Time-Machine.

Maybe the Doctor would be totally oblivious, but the audience would see it on-screen. It would only last for a few moments. Working under the console on some system supposedly unrelated to the Chameleon Circuit as the ship floats in deep space, he does not see how the TARDIS flashes from one outer shell to the next to the next, perhaps the first outer shell would simply be a red police box.... eventually back to the blue police box.

But your idea of a more brief, more simple segment might create a sweeter little moment on screen!

14. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

actually in the Fringe alternate universe, Doctor Who would be an Inspector Spacetime parody:rommie:

15. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the planet Cheron, the good police boxes are white on the right side and black on the left....

16. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is the world ready for a ginger TARDIS?

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Oooh...Ooooooh....Ooooooh, new Poll Thread idea.

Which will be Ginger First:
    <> Future TARDIS Appearance
    <> Future Doctor Appearance

Secondary Poll Question,

Which one will be the most jealous of the other's Ginger-ness?

19. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

20. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    It reminds me of the alternate ending I'd dreamed up for "Doomsday" way back when: After the Doctor says goodbye to Rose on the beach, she suddenly hears a familiar wooshing sound. She turns around and sees a red police box. Christopher Eccleston walks out, dressed in a Tom Baker-ish wardrobe, looking with a bewildered expression at a large fold-out map. He introduces himself to Rose as "the Professor" and asks her if she knows how to get to the Eye of Orion.