The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I read that to. I'm so happy I have Julie and Ivy!

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Having looked it up, the Target 2-pack version turns out to be a pretty extensive retool of the VOTC version, unfortunately. Though probably the best version of that mold I've seen.

It seems also that the Black Series 3.75" R2 is a slight retool of the R4-G9 mold, itself based on a retool done for the 30th Anniversary Collection single-pack R2 with rockets and flames. It sucks, though that the retooling involved punching holes in the legs to plug the rockets into, which looks pretty bad.

I also found a 2-pack of Luke and R2 that had an even more through retooling to represent the post-Battle of Yavin damaged R2.

It did, yes, if mostly to confirm what I'd already suspected. Thanks!

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    See, I'd forgotten that the 30th Anniversary R2-D2 with the booster rocket flames was a retool of the R4-G9 mold. Thanks for reminding me of the origin of that particular Artoo body, because for some time now I've believed that most of the 2007 figure was original to that release.

We always learn things in this thread! :)

Sounds like the Artoo/Luke 2-pack you're talking about is one of the Walmart-exclusive Droid Factory sets from the end of the last decade. I don't have that one, but I've seen it.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

It does look impressive, but if its not the same scale as the other figures I got from the movie, I'm okay without it.

In other news, I saw that the Nacogdoches Wal-Mart has the Guardians of the Galaxy action figures! The six inch Marvel Select/Legends, the two twelve inch Star Lord & Rocket, Star-Lord's ship with the three inch figure, and a big Rocket thing...

I can't get 'em 'til my new job starts payin' me, so...hope they are still there at the end of the month.

5. cooleddie74

I'm guessing this is the Luke and Artoo set you were talking about?

It looks great. I need to pick it up.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abs5cCCaWW4[/yt]

6. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

^Yup, that's the one. (In fact, that's the exact video where I found out about it.)

7. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

I have seen the GotG figures, in 3 scales. The small ones are too small, not in scale with anything, and there are none in 1/18 or MU scale.

And you thought only Mattel was that incompetent.

CCC.

8. C. Cole-Chakotay

Here are some pictures of my American Girl dolls
    Unnamed
    [​IMG]

Unnamed
    [​IMG]

Bitty Baby
    [​IMG]

McKenna
    [​IMG]

Kanani
    [​IMG]

Mia
    [​IMG]

Julie and Ivy
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love my Julie and Ivy dolls. Actually, I love all of my American Girls (and all the mini versions!), but those two are my favorites, along with Samantha, Felicity, and Josefina.

Won't be posting any funny stuff for a while. My uncle died today...headed to Rhode Island tomorrow to see my cousin. I had plans for this weekend action figure wise, but they'll have to wait. :(

10. cooleddie74

My mom loved the American Girl dolls. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

11. C. Cole-Chakotay

I also have the mini American Girl dolls and the display case. I've just never got around to setting them up.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. cooleddie74

The first wave assortment of Black Series 3.75" in the new, redesigned TIE Fighter Pilot-themed packaging may have a whopping 18 figures, all brand-new. No carry forwards or repacks.

Naturally, this is subject to change by Hasbro and I'm sure the upcoming Comic-Con will confirm much of this if it's true, but the idea of a launch wave of 18 figures and none of them will be recycled or from previous Black Series waves is a very cool idea. Retail definitely needs a lot more variety and fresh product.

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm kinda glad I passed on the Arrow 2-pack, now. I can wait for the updated Season 2 Ollie (never liked the greasepaint look,) along with the Deathstroke that is actually Slade! (I hope he has a swappable head.) Canary and Flash look great, too. I heard the Dark Archer has been announced too, but not yet shown. I'm so glad DCC is going all in on this line. You see this Mattel? They're making you look like a bunch of chumps.

All the Capullo figures will be mine. Finally a Gordon! I wish they were staying with the super articulated scheme that Batman, Nightwing, and Talon have (especially for Catwoman and Batgirl) but the sculpting on these figures is so great that I still want them.

15. Kira's Mom

I don't have to leave until Monday, so I threw something together. I got some tiny sword charms today for the Black Knight jewelry I've been working on. Dane seems to approve of them...

[​IMG]

I also got a Nightcrawler T-shirt. Get out of there, Kurt! It's too big for you!

[​IMG]

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

"Mein got! Zey have nailed my handsome likeness!"

17. Kira's Mom

:lol: :lol: It's better looking than most of his action figures, that's for sure. I don't understand why some of them are so ugly. Kurt is supposed to be cute!

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Look what my better half got me for my birthday! :techman:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Is Ned's head removable?

20. cooleddie74

According to a brand new update at Jedi Temple Archives the 18 figures in the very first wave assortment of 3.75" Black Series (TIE Fighter Pilot cardback design with blue highlights) may be: