Person of Interest Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob Morton, Sep 27, 2012.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yay! A happy reunion---for now. "Root" or Sam or whatever she calls herself is definitely going to be back.

I hope they keep up the "relationship" with the machine, rather than just the "victim" of the week" plots. So far, this season has been pretty darn good; I hope they can keep up this pace.

2. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Bad Code was a good episode. It's not as good as the last one, but it was still very good. I liked seeing Reese and Carter on a road trip and Fusco trying to take care of Bear. It ended well, and Root had a point when she told Finch that the guy she kidnapped was "bad code." The story with the librarian worked too, and it was believable. I do wonder how "Root" learned computers so well at such a young age in a small town like that, though.

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^They did say she spent a lot of time at the library.

I too hope they keep up with the machine storyline but I can see them going back to the victim of the week for a few episodes. I like how Fusco and Carter are becoming friends.

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'm like that aspect of it too. Its nice seeing Fusco getting a second chance to do some good and seeing him actually getting some satisfaction out of it.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What he's getting is job satisfaction, what he still wasn't getting was rubbed belly by his boss.

Carter's belly is getting rubbed.

6. Spock/Uhura Fan

^Oh, come on now. Let's not think of or liken Carter and Fusco to dogs. :vulcan:

Fusco leaving with Reese would have been more suspicious or at least looked at more closely than Carter leaving, and I still think he's still in the process of turning himself around. Reese let him keep the money to buy his kid new sports gear, so I think that counts for something. ;)

That's true, but did she really learn how to be a top-notch hacker there? That's all I'm saying. I think she would have had to have more than that. In a bigger city, I could understand it more, but in a small town, is the book selection on computer programming, engineering, and the internet connection (if they even had it then) that great? Search engines weren't as big or as efficient as they are now, and neither was the web. I think she would have needed to have someone, a mentor of sorts, and I hope they cover that because I think it could be interesting. Very interesting.

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That was pretty good. It moved pretty quickly (they did in a day what the police couldn't do in 21 years!).

:lol:

It's good they fleshed Root out a bit. I look forward to her return.

8. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like we're back to the Victim (or Perp) of the Week with tonights Masquerade.

Which is fine, it's probably why the ratings have been so high. I'm sure, just as last season, even the standalone episodes will dole out some good bits of continuity.

9. auntiehill

Tonight they didn't air one here because of the VP debates.

10. Bob Morton

You're right. No ep last night.:thumbdown: Waiting for next week...

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

True, but there were some tie-ins to what look to be the main arcs of the season.

12. Bob Morton

Yeah, you gotta wonder what his old partner is up to; using Snow like she is.

Tonight the episode is called Triggerman.

13. Bob Morton

I have to admit I was somewhat disapointed in Triggerman.

The acting and production was top notch, as usual, but some of the plot points just fell flat with me.

Fusco just sat in a bar and gave his drinks away and Finch gave away his relationship with Reese to one of their most dangerous foes for nothing.

They also used one of the two cliches that bother me the most about TV shows. The first being that people always fall down when being chased, which they avoided, and the other is that people with bullet proof vests always rip their shirt open after being shot to show the viewers their bullet proof vest.

14. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I found it hard to believe that nobody would question why Fusco just kept ordering drinks and giving them away.

I didn't find the main plot that engaging either although it was nice to see Elias again.

15. Spock/Uhura Fan

Well I think he kept giving them away when the bartender wasn't looking. He should have drank at least one or two of them, though, to make it look and smell like he was drinking. Other than that, I think this episode was a nice stand-alone, and I agree that it was nice seeing Elias. The chess match vaguely reminds me of Eric and Xavier in X-Men 2.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish they had done more with "Should we really save the killer or not?" angle more. otherwise it was a decent standalone episode.

17. Bob Morton

I liked last nights stand alone. There was some really good character moments.

I like how Reese didn't read Finch's notes on his bind date. Also the scene with Reese cleaning his gun that Finch didn't like; "People look at me weird when I do it in the park."

And Bear got a squeeky toy!

Concerning the plot, I didn't expect the bad guy to be who it turned out to be. The guy was just so unassuming I didn't even think twice about him.

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

So unassuming that when I finished the episode I didn't even remember who he was. I had to go back through the episode and find out he was the head of the campaign of the guy running for Mayor.

19. auntiehill

Me, too. I liked the look on Finch's face when he was hiding in the closet full of weapons. I also was glad that they got back to the HR plot and didn't just dump it and move on.

20. Bob Morton

"A little stingy on the sprinkles."

Great episode and another interesting look at the Machine's beginnings; computer dating!

The plot reminded me of a combination of the superb 1947 noir, Out of the Past, and the excellent James Caan movie, Thief.

My favorite scenes were when Finch was installing the security system for his "boss" and when Reese was rappelling down the side of the building.