Favourite Trek Couple

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Sep 18, 2013.

1. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

At the end of Amok Time, Spock is surprised that the combat got rid of the blood fever madness. I guess the combat is so rare that Spock wasn't aware of that side effect. I do kind of love T'Pring. She's kind of a cold bitch, but it works for her. I love her exchange with Spock as she explains how no matter how things worked out she was going to get Stonn, and Spock compliments her on her logic, but warns Stonn he may not be as happy with T'Pring as he was wanting her. I can't say I blame T'Pring for not wanting a husband who's never going to be there, but she was still pretty cold to drag Kirk into this, but her logic is faultless. Why risk Stonn when she could use Kirk who means nothing to her? Right now I'd watch a whole series about T'Pring. Brilliant episode, one of the best.
    Spock's burst of joy at finding Kirk alive is pretty great, you need that so you can really appreciate Spock's repressed demeanor most of the rest of the time. Kirk's smug pleasure at Spock's reaction is pretty cute. This episode is slash heaven.
    Thank you teacake for the video link! That's a really great video.
    Have you ever seen this Kirk/Spock pon farr video set to NIN's Closer?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwpcUawjK0

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That NIN one is a classic Borgboy, infamous even :lol:

Some sweetness.. :lol:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xSOuLky3n0[/yt]

And more Kirk/Spock Gaga (I love Gaga).. this is pretty hot.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61XQ4qdXDlE[/yt]

3. teacake

^"I want your leather studded kiss in the sand" to Kirk and Spock wrestling in the Amok Time arena :guffaw:

My god that made me happy.

My Kirk crush just got hotter if that is possible.. even though he is INSANE looking in most of this vid!

4. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Haha, great. I love this thread. ^_^

Yeah, it was a fun episode. Now I want to watch it again. It always makes me feel bad for nurse Chapel, though.

5. borgboy

You created a monster with those vids since I'm still watching slash K/S videos.
    Quinto's Spock just kills me I love his performance so much. Yeah, I slash new K/S too. Heck, I slash Prime Spock with new Kirk. Whatever, it's all good.
    I found this cute little video, K/S set to the song "I touch myself". This video really put a smile on my face, in addition to the obvious suggestive scenes, there's also some really sweet and cute moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdBNt7WNd2s

and then a brilliantly edited video set to "Girlfriend"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huWJy1ySgGo

6. borgboy

Oh gosh yes. I feel so bad for Chapel here. She's so hopeful and sweet making Spock soup, and because she's so concerned about him and there for him so much she gets treated awfully. I guess he was trying to make it up to when he asks her to make him soup again, and poor Chapel is so happy she cries. The first time I saw this I thought that Chapel and Spock might fall in love later, but I was a little kid then. It's even sadder that nothing comes of that, for her.

7. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, first time I watched TOS I was rather disappointed about that, I thought it was setting it up for something in the future, but no...

8. borgboy

I have read that an early version of Plato's Stepchildren, intended as a series finale, would have Kirk ending up with Uhura and Spock with Chapel. If that had happened, I think the "you can make me soup" bit would be seen as building towards that. So my take on that is that there may have been intention for a Spock/Chapel pairing to happen down the road and it just didn't happen. If the show had gone another year, maybe something would have come of it. I'd be surprised if at least some of the writers weren't thinking that Spock and Chapel were endgame and would get together at the end.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you have a citation for that?

10. borgboy

No, I don't but I'm pretty sure that's common knowledge I thought.

11. teacake

My favorite NuTrek vid:

slash-o-rama..

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZORNVGFcUsc[/yt]

AND THIS ONE STILL CRACKS ME UP..

(the capslock are for excitement)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF8imG4mbWA[/yt]

12. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What a shame nothing much more came out of this understated romance. If I remember rightly, the novelizations of STAR TREKs 2 & 3, featuring additional material of Saavik and David having a sexual relationship was, in fact, the basis of Trip and T'Pol's romance in ENTERPRISE, years later ...

[​IMG]

13. borgboy

There was a lot of potential to do something with David and Saavik. It's a shame they cut that bit out of the script, but I can confirm it is part of the novelizations. I remember there's a bit about them performing some sci fi futuristic tantric form of birth control.
    Poker Face really did capture Spock well! I always remember when I hear this song how my little niece thought the song was called "Poke her face"

14. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's really very little evidence in support of this wild-eyed accusation.

Troi almost married, in Season One, no less - SEASON ONE (!!!) - I mean, if she were on the back burner, she was very keen to get off of it - and did so, Pretty Damn Quick (PDQ).
    She got with Reeva, the Hearing Impaired Peace Maker, very early on. AND she even got pregnant by Tinker Bell's Brother, at the very start of Season Two. Aside from Guest Star of the Week boyfriends, she had Worf, of all people - WORF (!!!) - often and repeatedly and that never felt quite right to me. It goes on and on, so ...

It seems very rash to want to blame Riker for enjoying all that the Dishy Women of the Galaxy have to offer a Space Hero.

15. borgboy

It seems to me though that Riker was the one who pulled away from Troi, he ended things because of his career, and it always seemed to me that she would take him back if he wanted to. We see some of this with her relationship with Tom Riker too. So my sympathies are with Troi. I like her and Riker, but I want to shake Riker for fighting so hard against true love.
    Troi doesn't wait around around for Riker entirely, she does try to move on, but I think she never stopped wanting him even when there was someone else in her life.
    Peter David develops the story with Riker and Troi really well in his novel Imzadi, and explores the dynamic with Riker, Troi and Worf in Triangle: Imzadi II.

16. Hazel

Hazel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Like someone else said, for me it's that Riker ditched her for his career, and then hung around Picard's right shoulder for the rest of the series instead of actually pursuing his career. It made the break-up pre Farpoint less meaningful.
    So, nuTrek. Haven't seen it. Anyone got any recs for compilations of good slashy nuK/nuS scenes on YouTube?

17. borgboy

There's plenty of good suggestions for nu Kock above in the thread. You really should see the new movies, especially the first one. Quinto makes a wonderful Spock.

18. Hazel

Hazel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I've just been through those - I was just wondering about people's favourite slashy scenes from nuTrek in particular.As for nuTrek, eh, it just didn't look like I'd like it that much. I know they're good movies though, so I should get round to it. I think the trailers for the 2009 one just put me off for some indefinable reason.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My favorites:

Trip / T'Pol
    Picard / Beverly Crusher
    Worf / Jadzia

Well, sort of. David just says that he "passed all his exams in biocontrol" but they never explain what that actually is.

I agree that David and Saavik made a cute couple though.

20. borgboy

I guess over the years since I read the novelizations my imagination embellished the details. As far as I know none of the novels have ever followed up on the relationship between David and Saavik, but there are a lot of them I still haven't read. Anybody know about that? I know the novels definitely followed the part about Saavik being half Romulan, which is a great detail left out in the movies.