Intrepid Updates

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by USS Intrepid, Aug 21, 2011.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Finally got to watch "Machinations" this past weekend. Overall, I am impressed. This doesn't surprise me though; I am consistently impressed with each of Star Trek Intrepid's efforts. I can see where some of the points people are critiquing are, but the one thing that I have to comment on, the one thing that really sells it all for me is simply how well each of the Intrepid installments gels together to create the world of the series. Now, this might be due to simple things like utilizing the same locations, personnel, and creative forces behind the show, but I really do think that establishing and maintaining such a consistency is a difficult thing for any production to do so I applaud your success in this arena.

I also like the characters in this series quite a bit. Navar is appropriately gruff and as such brings a rather charming element to his character. I'm quite looking forward to where his story ultimately goes, particularly after this chapter in the saga.

In short - well done Nick and everyone at Intrepid!

2. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I've written a new story about Intrepid, which can see by clicking here.

3. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Thank you Doubleohfive, glad you enjoyed it. :)

And thanks Mike, appreciate the coverage. :)

4. USS Intrepid

Things have been rather quiet for us this last year, as real life has taken it's toll on me, but I'm happy to say we're getting back into the swing of things.

So far this year we've had two shoots. The first was for the vignette Nemo Me Impune Lacessit, which barring some very minor pick up shots, is complete and currently being edited. The second, this past weekend, was for our next full length episode, Dissonant Minds.

As a side project while we're working on the episodes, we've also begin shooting short 'meet the crew' interviews with everyone involved. For those of you who might be interested, the first two are up, and you can find these on our You Tube Channel and our Facebook page.

5. USS Intrepid

And the third interview is now up. More to follow. :)

6. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When will the episode with Picard be up? I was just curious cause I have been waiting for that one ever since I heard about it.

7. USS Intrepid

I really wish I had an answer for you, but at this point it's very much up in the air. The episode itself has been visually complete for well over a year, but we've been delayed by two things. Firstly, the person responsible for the score has been busy with other projects, and we've been waiting for his schedule to open up. And secondly, we had some serious issues with the dialogue track, so much so that we've had to ADR much of the dialogue. Now that in itself isn't a disaster, but the biggest hurdle has been Giles Aston's schedule. We have people lined up to do his ADR with him, but trying to find a time when everyone's schedules align has been problematic.

It'll undoubtedly see the light of day eventually, because I refuse to let everyone's work go to waste, but in the meantime we're focussing on pushing on with our next projects.

Sorry the answer isn't more helpful, but that's where we're at. :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

I'm glad you are moving ahead, with or without A Stone Unturned. As much as I look forward to that film, it would be far worse that the whole Intrepid series project dies on the vine became of problems with one film. I love Intrepid, and look forward to every release, short or long.

9. USS Intrepid

I don't think there's any danger The Stone Unturned won't be released. None of the outstanding elements are insurmountable, it's just a matter of time, frustrating though it is for us all. :)

10. Barbreader

I may have overstated what I intended... or at least was unclear. I live in faith (I'm an American, it's required of me... ask atheists trying to be taken seriously here...). Seriously, I really expect to see Yorktown, much of which was shot in 1986, completed and released in 2013, the good folk from Star Trek Roddenbury, who released their last film in 2004 just released another eight years later, ("Retail Star Trek," it's in the Headline at Star Trek Reviewed as I type), the episode in the can at TOTSF will be released some day, too, and sometime, whenever the folk at Exeter decide to release the best film they can instead of the film they wish they had, (or, alternatively, the guys at Ajax rebuild their set and they take those missing shots...) last part of TTI. Yes, Virgina, there is Fan Trek... (Another American faith reference. Eugene Roddenbury just turned over in his grave...).

So, you understand, I never thought A Stone Unturned would NEVER be released. I just thought its delay could have acted like a bus which is stuck sideways on a two lane road, and blocked stuff up. Eventually, the tow truck comes or the fuel or whatever and gets the bus moving and out of the way, but you don't want to see, let alone get stuck in, that traffic jam...

(OK, folk, this was intended as mildly humorous, so if I just offended somebody, which seems to happen when I try to be funny in writing... let me apologize. That was not my intent.)

11. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Well, whenever your next release is ready, I'll be there!

12. USS Intrepid

Thanks Randy.

Barb, no offense taken here, just wanted to clarify my position. :)

13. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Would it be possible to have those interviews all available as a download? I really don't like using Youtube.

14. USS Intrepid

Hadn't really thought about putting them up for download, but sure we can do that. Will take a little longer to set up, but I'll post as soon as they're available.

15. USS Intrepid

We've had some movement on The Stone Unturned today. No impending release, but we may just have gotten a little closer.

16. Barbreader

17. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Thanks.

18. USS Intrepid

19. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I don't mind the wait Nick. I just thought I would ask cause there was nothing else mentioned but I do understand the scheduling cause I go through the same thing here in the States. Trying to find a good time to hang out with friends since I work nights and can usually only hang when we are all off at the same time.

20. USS Intrepid

Yep, it's just a fact of life unfortunately. But it is frustrating for us, especially since the video editing and effects work was completed well over a year ago. :)

But such is life. We'll get there eventually. :)