Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

ew.com

Sounds like a really fun episode

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I really loved how they fell off the bed like two scared teenagers when Martha came home.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Here we go! The summer is over and we are back in business! :techman:

I'm c&p my posting from a dedicated Castle board about my thoughts:

Well.. this summer was hard TV wise after the season 4 finale.

This season opener.. perfection! I love everything about it from the first minute.. there was never a dull stretch and they solved so much and laid the groundwork for phase two.

I saw the sneak peak of the first scene (yeah.. i'm weak :( but still seeing the full scene was so worth it and still so funny, sexy and above all romantic. I guess most of us were/are in an adult relationship so we all know how it feels and it takes me back to very fond memories. They joy and the fun and the urge to sweat all day is just so evident in this scene which i attribute to the writing and the acting of both of them.
    This is written from life itself because everyone understands the feeling and this is why i believe the show is in very good and safe hands, no danger of any curse at all.

Maddox' death came as a surprise (thank god they didn't spoil that) but it served a greater purpose.. we now know the truth about the whole case but at the moment the power is on the other side and there's not much that can be done right now. However the way this plays out shows a fundamental change in Beckett.. honestly, for a second i really believed she'd shoot him.. that would have been Beckett 1.0 without a question but she has evolved. With any other similar case she'd have done the right thing and looked for evidence to put the guy behind bars for good but when it came to her mother's case she went into rage mode and it would have led to nowhere.. possibly putting him out of reach forever and her behind bars. The scene where the team is begging Ryan not to call Gates (well.. in Espo's case not so much begging as breaking of arms!) shows that others know it too and are concerned for her because they think they know her and that might have been true up until a day ago (no one save Castle know about her fundamental change the night before).

So definitely looking forward to Johana Beckett's case Phase Two.. taking down a Senator when you basically have nothing will not be easy but Beckett has a kickass team and she's in control now.

As to Beckett and Castle in general:

Wow.. they are so good together. Beckett was always so reserved and closed up.. we know she has a great sense of humor and as the show progressed through the years she opened up more and more but there was still this final line she never crossed publicly to show who she really is. I think her mother's murder also held her back from fully enjoying life but now that everything is gone we see the true her and boy does she like sex! :techman: I mean everyone likes sex but to see Beckett in hungry, horny and insatiable mode was just so awesome it defies words. We know Castle llikes to do it but to see Beckett become his equal is just so awesome and i hope we will see quite a bit more of her playful side. We all know her wicked sense of humor and i'm just dying to see what the writers can come up with now that they have so much more to play with.

I'm definitely looking forward to the others finding out.. they are one big, extended family who care for each other and would put their lives and careers on the line for each other but a development so big is bound to lead to much excitement. I always liked the scenes when Beckett became part of Castle's family for a short while and how effortlessly Martha and Alexis included her.. can't wait for both of them to find out and then it becoming normal for all of them to have breakfast or dinner (and maybe even gross Alexis out by insinuating what goes on behind closed doors :devil:).

Nicest scene? Beckett desperately needing a hug and falling into Castle's arms. Period. Beckett was always tough and this is her at her most vulnerable and she is scared but this time she has someone who cares about her so much that she now can show this "weakness" and not think about it. I also love the visuals of the scene.. Stana is not smalll (especially because she mostly wears heels) but Nathan is really tall and quite broad but now that Stana is without heels and with her "true" height the difference became quite apparent. I mention this because visually it made Castle appear that much more imposing.. tall and massive and protecting his woman when she needs it (even if in reality Beckett could kick his ass ten times to Sunday :lol:) and it is just a beautiful picture.

Amazing episode and the promo for next week was just so funny.. it will be a good season!

Castle's back baby!

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Loved it, and so glad it's back. I'm surprised the file didn't get more burned up in the explosion, but it was necessary.So glad the show is back!

5. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dont think Becket is in any real power position though. Both Maddox and Smith are dead, whomever killed Smith is still at large and the senator will take his time killing becket. All it has to be is an incident at work and the senator is in the clear.

Becket may now be in a position of no power what-so-ever as all her cards are out on the table and in reality she has none.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah but the Senator can't risk anything.. Beckett did bluff and he probably knows but what if there is the slightest chance something may slip?

The evidence she has was obtained illegally so it wouldn't be of any use in court but if he kills her, it comes to an investigation and someone tips off the investigator and he/she does some digging it becomes official record and usable in court.. and in todays political climate even the hint of wrongdoing (especially when linked to murder) can end careers.

He can't risk that.. he knows she's on the weaker side and that he has little to fear for now so he's content to give it a rest.. for now. What happens in the future nobody knows but as we know Beckett she will not give up.

Very good way of resolving the case while still keeping it on.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow. That was simply incredible. I think FPAlpha pretty much hit all the points that I was going to make on the episode. "After the Storm" is definitely top five for me. Stana's performance in this episode was among the best from her. Alexis and Martha only in the opening scene I hope is not a sign of things to come, because Rick's family has always been a favourite aspect of the show. Can't wait until Rick and Kate decide to tell people about them. Just a brilliant episode.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I hope they don't keep up the "secret relationship" thing for long. It feels like a contrived way to keep up some degree of tension, and it wasn't very well justified.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I wouldn't infer too much from one episode, especially this one. They had a lot of ground to cover here, including the aftermath of Castle and Beckett getting together, Beckett's resignation from the force, the truth behind the conspiracy, etc. Not sure where they could have squeezed in more of Alexis and Martha . . . .

Not that all that season cliffhanger stuff has been dealt with (for now), they may have a little more breathing room.

10. Admiral_Young

^That's very true Greg...I guess we're just going to have to wait to get Alexis and Martha's reaction to Rick and Kate.

I still hope we get more from Captain Gates. I've been in the minority from the start and liked her character. I liked her comment to Kate about hoping to inspire the same loyalty from her that Roy had.

I also agree with Christopher about keeping the relationship a secret. Rick's excuse of wanting to keep Kate to himself for a bit while not justified, is understandable, he's waited for this for so long, and it's taken Kate a long time to finally lower her defences and admit her love for him. I don't think it will drag on with them keeping this from their friends and family. I expect that Alexis and Martha will be ecstatic. It's possible Espso is already suspicious after rescuing them...heh. I think we're in for perhaps the fun and interesting season yet!

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who played the senator? He looked familiar, and IMDB isn't listing all the guest stars.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That was Jack Coleman from Heroes, wasn't it? It took me a while to recognize him without the horn-rim glasses, and I think he's put on a bit of weight and lost some hair, but I'm pretty sure that's who it was.

13. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I just checked the guest cast from ABC's press release, and yes it was Jack Coleman.

14. Admiral_Young

Yeah IMDB doesn't list him as well, but perhaps he was uncredited...I didn't see his name in the opening credits either, but that was him indeed.

15. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Jack Coleman also currently has a recurring role as Angela's husband the state senator on The Office.

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was him! I guess it's been long enough since Heroes that I couldn't quiiiiiiite be sure.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

He also had a recurring role as the vampire-hating father of a teenage vampire on Vampire Diaries . . . .

18. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It also took me a bit to figure out who played the Senator. In the still shots of him they looked at on the computer screen, I thought he looked familiar, but it wasn't until we saw him in the flesh that I said, Ohhh, that's Claire's dad from Heroes! :D

19. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

For a moment, I thought the senator looked like Bill Paxton, but I'm sure they'd have been blasting news of that guest star from the rooftops with trumpets if it were actually the case. :p

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Great episode. Glad to have it back!

It looks like the facade they will be putting on could be good for a few laughs but I agree with Christopher, I hope they don't stretch it out too long.