Kitbash Crew Patches

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Forbin, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice work! I know a lot of it is clipart, but I like how you put them together, and in such a wide range of styles. I like the style of USS Themistocles in particular, and I especially like how you drew the ship in USS Perry's patch!

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Tanks! :)
    Yeah, I was trying to make them so it didn't look like one person designed them all.

4. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very nicely done. I can see that Pegasus logo in the main Starbase bar they are all very nice great additions to your web site :techman::techman::techman::techman::techman:

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome patchs id buy any of them in cloth :D

6. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice. Print the lot of them on decal paper and slap them on the base of the model.

7. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

Very nice, John! When I do emblems, I struggle over whether to use gradients or to avoid them to give the illusion that the patches are made of cloth. I go back and forth.

Of course, the fun doesn't have to end. I'm sure there are plenty of other ships in each class.

8. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Haha!

I love the Reeses! Subtle...

--Alex

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Oh, me too! When I do a logo for a program at work I always have to keep in mind number of colors (more colors on the decal, more money!, and gradients are usually a no-no.

But I figure, in 300-400 years, maybe they won't be silkscreening them any more. :lol:

10. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally, I think flat colors look better than gradients, at least when done right.

[​IMG]
    How did miss that? :lol:

11. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

The whole reason it's called SS Reeses is because it's two main ingredients (Jetsons' saucer and Dick Tracy Space Coupe) mashed together, like a peanut butter cup.

12. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

I had a assumed Reeses was like The Sullivans, a ship commemorating brothers dying together. I think I also have a ship like this on my website ("Stiles" maybe? I don't remember)

Tell me about this Dreamstime vector art store. I'm always looking for good graphic shortcuts for my own work.

Hey, didn't you have a ship called "USS Masao"? I was hoping to be immortalized in embroidery.

13. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

www.dreamstime.com. It's like Shutterstock or Corvis - a stock photo source. They have various plans for purchase - you can buy one picture, or you can subscribe and get a number downloads per day for a year. They have stock photos and clipart. Punch in a keyword and search.

I do have a USS Masao, but since it's based on Warped 9's design (which was inspired by one of your designs), I don't include it with my own designs. That wouldn't be right! :)

14. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I really like your patch designs, almost as much as the ships themselves. :)

15. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Cool work as always, Forbin. :cool: