Eccleston comments on 50th anniversary special return

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

The Cybermen have had so many godawful moments over the years, but I don't know if anything can beat the Cybercontroller falling into the exploding power planet in slow motion, screaming "NOOOOOOoooo!" and then somehow disappearing entirely ages before he reaches the flames.

Thank Rassilon we've moved on from then (*remembers Clara's slo-mo fall on Christmas*)... Fuck.

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd rather sleep with Jenna-Louise Coleman than Roger Lloyd Pack's exposed brain so I allow it.

Also, the worst part of that train-wreck is the cliffhanger resolution in Age of Steel's intro where 10 used the deus ex machina and proceeds to waste 10 seconds explaining why he can never use it ever again.

3. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Regardless of who's in charge Eccleston has stated that he's not coming back. And I personally liked the alternate reality Cybermen at least they were menacing, they were just overused a bit Closing Time was one too many stories to use them, even though they were meant to be the Mondasian Cybermen.

4. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that none of his predecessors claim to have been approached either, I reckon one way they might get around it would be have 4-9 do voiceovers. Hear the Doctor's thought processes perhaps. That wouldn't need anything like the sort of commitment. He might be willing to record a few lines in a London studio.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Except that Eccleston said in his Graham Norton interview last year that, yes, even though there's been a change in guard and he has the highest regard for Moffat's scripts he won't return.

6. DalekJim

Wait, did you read my post? I said I didn't think he'd return in the very next sentence :lol:.

7. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Not in common parlance does "the media" include executives or producers! Generally just journalists.

Mr Awe

8. Mr Awe

True and I'm very aware that. But, I'm guessing that if RTD was firmly in Eccleston's corner, the other brass wouldn't matter. That's a guess but a reasonable one

At the very least, if RTD was not a problem in Eccleston's book, I think we would've heard some language from Chris that excluded Davies from his general comments out of courtesy.

Mr Awe

9. DalekJim

I agree with your other points but have to correct you here. People working in "the media" would include anybody working in TV, radio, film, etc.

10. Mr Awe

It may be a British thing, but here in the states when we talk about the media, it's the press, not executives or producers. But, it does include print and broadcast media.

Mr Awe