Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Is there any way to skip the God awful Bajoran fire cave mission? The NPC pathing is odious so I have zero crew support at the point where I have to fight two Guls at once.

I'm stuck.

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

A tip: Don't use Engineers who create turrets, mines or generators of any sort. Those stuff makes NPC pathing really, really bad on this map. Without turrets, my bridge officers can usually find their way to me if I give them a minute or two.

If you're really stuck, all missions can be skipped. Just open your journal (press "J") and locate the mission under "Episodes". There should be a skip button.

3. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Tholians
    <snip> moved to screenshot thread

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  4. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

5. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Good point..

6. Squiggy

I didn't, and I still had to die 30 times and whittle my way through the level. Finally got it done though.

Sheesh.

7. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

I dread having to redo that mission...only thing I can think of is trying to use the waypoint thingy to force them to walk along with you.

8. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    That mission gave me nightmares for that very reason. Eventually I started luring bad guys back to where my officers kept getting stuck so my guys would actually contribute to the mission. Aargh.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

One of the reasons to like the Tactical class is that you can summon some red shirts to help you fight the boss in the level, of course if they ever let us transfer bound items via the account bank I might also have any tacs I do the mission with borrow it so I can summon a full away team for the boss fight.

10. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Oh my god, I use that ability all the time. Every time I get to a boss, call for reinforcements. If I die, wait a minute and the cooldown will be over and call for more. Wash, rinse, repeat.

11. Squiggy

Didn't work. They ran to the way point and then back and then to and then back. Over and over again.

Also didn't work. They just ran around ignoring the Cardassians.

That entire mission should be blown up.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

They're far too busy creating NEW bugged content (read: grindfests) to fix the obviously bugged content that's already out there...

13. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

In addition to Heretic, Gozer is now leaving.

14. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    Again.

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Aaaaaaand there goes the pvp revamp!

16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

assuming some other guy isn't on that.

17. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Doubt it. Gozer had to ask for it.

He was the only one doing somethign about it.

the fact that he only just recently started this giant project indicates he didn't go of his own accord. And if he did, it's because something changed at Cryptic.

18. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

*Shrug* I don't think the PvP community is terribly surprised by this. Every time there's been some rumblings about PvP getting some work done (even if it's just a new map), it's been "postponed". The prison in the Dominion FE's was going to be a new ground PvP map... Nothing came of it. Season 6 was said to be the big PvP update, which was then postponed. Then they announce season 7's details, none of which talk about PvP.

While they've made it so Klingons are level 20+ only, they've left the lower level FvK queues there. So you've get the hilarious situation that you have 25 feds queued up for an FvK match that will NEVER pop (while there's only 3 people in the FvF queue).

Kerrat used to be the AFK centre of the game. However, atleast they could AFK without causing trouble for other people. Now the dilithium mission is reduced to a daily, some of these AFKers have fled to easier pickings... Like STFs, but most especially PvP. So now you've got people AFKing in PvP like crazy. Some of these individuals have been reported, with screenshots, over 20 times by different people and nothings done.

Here are the things that have been added to PvP since the game went live two and a half years ago:-
    Healing score in the results window.

Honestly, it's a shock ANYONE still PvPs. Despite how much I despise those PvPers who throw tantrums at the Devs, I can't say I'm exactly unsympathetic. We were actually beginning to feel hopeful with Gozer working on PvP.

19. syberghost

Goes to another person, presumably to be announced soon.

20. syberghost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.