The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not so sure about that. Michonne's chained walkers seemed to be used as "bloodhounds" to sense the presence of other walkers (to avoid). As a living human, she would not need them to detect other humans, so they would only serve one purpose.

2. TREK_GOD_1

I think that's how Michonne used her chained walkers. What other purpose would they serve--or possess some advantage she lacks?

3. TREK_GOD_1

Anyone thinking Merle will go the backstabber route and try to turn on Daryl and the rest if he thinks the Governor's group stands to win their little war?

4. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I thought it was more to be able to 'mingle' among the biters by masking the scent of a living person...

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Not in any of the episodes I watched. At most we could infer that she kept them to mask her own scent and even that was never concretely established. The actual reason she kept them was never revealed.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I interpretted it as being the same as smearing zombie guts on yourself, she was using them to mask her savory-ness from other Zombies.

Though it is true as Borgminister and Sojourner have stated that she never did clearly answer why she had her "pets", they could just be her family members she couldn't bare to be parted from, could be why she understand the Governor so well. (I'm leaning towards masking though)

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

How did the goveners guy get in one of the guard towers?? They are all behind the fence and with Michonne, Hershal and Rick around the paremeter wouldn't they notice if some one got thru the fence to get to the guard tower.

Hopefully they can fix the fences doors and put some type of Jersey barriers in an offset pattern to prevent a direct run at the gate again. Most miltary bases do this so a vehicle has to slowly drive around them to get by.

8. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guess he didn't learn about guile and deceit from his time with the governor.

9. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

The prison is not secured. This was established in the second episode with the prison. The side with the administration building is wrecked. The "tombs" are overrun by zombies.

I saw the truck Glenn was driving, and I was like, "Whoa, that was one nice looking truck. Look at how clean and shiny it is."

I don't think the Grimes Clan is capable of taking on Woodbury. They are suffering from borderline starvation, are low on ammunition, and have fewer numbers than the Governors' Clan.

10. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

...Unless they do what Glenn wants and kills the Governor - crushing the head of the snake. The Woodburyans are sheep by every account, and deliberately so; even Andrea can motivate them with a brief soapbox speech. Remove the Governor (and I'm guessing Martinez) and the rest will fall in line.

Mark

11. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

they've spent too much energy getting the governor established, they have to use him a bit before the off him

12. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

I thought Michonne was using the disarmed walkers to carry her stuff. They were pack animals for her.

13. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

That didn't work in "Return of the Living Dead." :p

I think both the "masking" and "pack animal" theories are true. No reason it has to be just one thing. Plus there's one more: Andrea mentioned how she could just slaughter them and her response was, "It was easier than you can imagine." I don't think they were beloved family members. I think they were abusers/abductors/someone she hated. She was keeping them around to torment them.

14. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Before his attack on the prison there was a chance for the character to develop a little and for the story to evolve into something more than the two groups trading bullets. Now that he has declared war on our group there is really only one direction for this to go and that is a shame considering there is no "overall plot" to fall back on.

15. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

in the 1st episode of the season, just before the chopper crashed the pilot was on the radio calling "mayday". who was he calling?

16. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Comic one is her brother and the other was her BF, she kept them for three reasons

1. To mask her scent
    2. They where loved ones
    3. They kept her from having the same crazy visions Rick is currently having.

In the comic both her and Rick carried guilt and saw/conversed with friends and family that were killed.

17. PKerr

So I watched the newest episode last night and I enjoyed it

1. I hope the look on Rick's face at the end of the episode somehow correlates that he is done with his delusions of lost family and friend because they ran that crap into the ground int the comic and it got old fast.

2. Where was Tyrese and crew?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the room Glen was drawing on the floor in the same room they were holding them in?

3. How did the Woodbury guy get up on the tower without anyone seeing him?
    If he was so ninja like how come he didn't just run around and slit everyone's throats?

18. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. Doubt it.

2. They're gone. It wasn't firmly established in this week's episode, but last week Rick told them to leave before going all Ghost Lori on them. After his tirade, I wouldn't want to stick around either. "Talking Dead" afterwards confirms that they left, but hinted that it may not be the last we see of them.

3. Pair of tree shears and a little stealth. The only people outside were Axel and Carol gettin' all pre-lovey-dovey, and Herschel going to counsel Rick. Michonne was in the bus. There would've been a big blind spot the tower guy could have gotten through, and the Gove has used this tactic before to position his guys before striking.

Mark

19. PKerr

1. shame.
    2. what a lost opportunity, Tyrese is a great character in the comics and they seem to have really gotten his character right in the show.

3. umm ok.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I suspect we'll be seeing more of Tyrese and his group before the season ends. No reason to bring on a Comics Fan Favorite just for the little screen time and impact he's had so far.