Deck Plans V: The Not-So-Final Go Around

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Captain Robert April, Jul 2, 2006.

1. doctorwho 03

doctorwho 03 Captain Captain

Looking forward to seeing them. :bolian:

2. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, does your church have a Christine Chapel, and the congregation chants "All power to the engines"? :D
    (Otherwise, naughty Captain!)

3. Arlo

Arlo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually they chant, "Hail, hail, fire and snow. Call the angel, we will go..."

4. c5maier

c5maier Commander Red Shirt

CRA, Shaw or anybody else:
    Do you happen to have set drawings of the big rec room seen in "Elaan of Troyius" (deleted scenes), "And the children shall lead" and "Is there in truth no beauty?" or do you know where to find material on it?

P.S. CRA, I wish you success for your plans - Trek and other-wise.

5. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

c5maier,try checking out the Star Trek Sketch Book, it has some good production sketches of the 'arboritum' by Jeffries. Also check out the 'TrekCore' website, Specificly, the bonus materials section for the original series, there you'll find a good elevation view of it, also sketched by Jeffries. best of luck to ya.

6. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Wish I did... unfortunately most of my resources are limited to stuff from the first season.

With what I'm limited to I've been working on drawing up set plans and measurements for the following sets: bridge, engineering (in a number of different layouts), standard officer's quarters, briefing/rec. room, transporter room (a few different layouts), gymnasium (redress of engineering set), brig cell (from Charlie X and Journey to Babel), examination room, doctor's office, medical laboratory, sickbay ward, forward phaser control (redress of engineering set) and shuttlecraft interior set.

Hopefully I'll have a lot of this stuff ready within a couple months for people (I'm hoping it'll come in handy for fan productions).

7. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't want this one getting lost....

8. c5maier

c5maier Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the tip, Tin Man. I received the Sketch Book two days ago - could get it on eBay from Britain really cheap (apart from the postage!). You are right, definitively worth looking into. It is a shame that they do not show more of the rec room, but sure interesting that it seems they planned for some time to build a distinct arboretum, before they decided on the re-dress. And those walls on the right look very odd. This area was never ever shown so it is possibly an indication for just that.

If the sketches of Jefferies were still available in the mid-nineties to choose from for books, dvd bonus material etc., where may they have gone to afterwards? Anybody got any ideas?

9. Captain Robert April

Most of that stuff came from Jefferies' own collection.

10. Captain Robert April

A couple of things should get this puppy jumpstarted.

1) Getting my own computer up and running, and

2) Shaw finishing up his layouts, enabling me to provide some properly scaled interiors setups.

11. Captain Robert April

Locating my copy of Paint Shop Pro would help, too.

12. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

I'm sorry, but do you have the rest of these set drawings? I've been on a search for TOS set blueprints for the mod I'm making. If you have digital copies of them, I'd love it if you could send them my way. I already have the "Journey to Babel" stage 9 drawing, but was looking for any others you may have.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  13. Captain Robert April

Unfortunately, my copies went bye-bye when some lucky sumbitch nabbed my computer when I was evicted back in January, so I'll need to get another copy.

I leave it up to the party who provided them in the first place as to whether or not he wishes to identify himself.

14. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Cool. Let's hope he does. And sorry to hear about your unlucky PC theft.

Keep up the good work!

15. Captain Robert April

In other news, I just got a semi-new laptop yesterday (a former GSA office drone Dell Latitude CPi, running Win XP Pro with a DVD ROM drive; not bad for fifty bucks :D ), so once I get it up to snuff, I should be able to cook up something.

16. Captain Robert April

I'm on the verge of securing a somewhat more recent copy of Paint Shop Pro (provided nobody outbids me, I should have 9.0 fairly soon).

After that, I should be able to at least get things organized.

17. doctorwho 03

doctorwho 03 Captain Captain

Good luck with that.:techman:

18. Captain Robert April

Well, I won the auction, and should get the new program in a few days.

Now, if only someone would outbid me on that old AMT Enterprise and save me some grief...