Zesty Sauce With My Onion Rings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sonak, Jul 16, 2014.

1. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    You know, BK personnel, you are supposed to ask ME, as the customer if I'd like zesty sauce with my onion rings when I substitute them for fries. I shouldn't have to ASK "do you have sauce for the onion rings?" Not a huge deal in the scheme of things, but an annoyance nonetheless.

What's weird is that they're usually very generous with the ketchup, giving handfuls that are way excessive for a medium order. Ask for zesty sauce though, and they grudgingly give you one container...:confused:

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am so glad this thread isn't a metaphor.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Perhaps the zesty sauce is expensive and they are under instructions to not give it out unless requested.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Is this a new thing? Fast food employees aren't the brightest bulbs. If it's a new thing, they probably haven't gotten used to it.

When Popeye's went from a 10 piece to an 11 piece, probably the first 2 times I ordered the 11 piece, I got 10 pieces. Then I started counting before I left the building. Pretty sad really.

5. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably no worse than any other business. Except for the time I asked for 2 apple pies at McDonald's, and the girl said "We ain't got no pies, how about some fries?" I replied "Why fries, because it rhymes with pies?". Then I drove off. :p

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

BK has had this zesty sauce for quite a few years so it must be a dumb employee or a newbie.

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Screw Burger King. It used to be the closest place I could walk to (6 blocks) for a hamburger, then they closed 3 or 4 years ago.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I think that's plausible. It's also possible to just forget if it isn't an extremely common thing.

Really, this is a non-issue.

9. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly.

10. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i swear hummus is the best thing to have with onion rings.

11. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

To you perhaps, but one container is barely enough for a medium order. And really, as customer service personnel, isn't it better to ask? I don't think it's great policy to hide condiment/sauces from customers.

12. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those onion rings are terrible. It must take a lot of sauce to edibalize© them. (hey, I just created a new word).

13. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess we're seeing the ramifications of Burger King switching their tried and true slogan, "Have it Your Way," with "Be Your Way." Instead of being a chain where they welcome you wanting Zesty Sauce, they sized you up and determined "your way" was not a "zesty sauce way."

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My local fish and chip shop makes HUGE onion rings. They are over one inch wide rings of onion battered with the fish batter and fried. They are awesome.

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You mean you were not Satisfried™ with their service?

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think, if you know you want something, you should be the one to ask for it. Otherwise they could spend hours listing things you may or may not need.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Why didn't you check and see if it was there and then ask for it yourself if you cared so much? Clearly, if you care enough to start a thread on this subject, you should care enough to check.

Zesty sauce is a random thing to associate with onion rings that I can't possibly think of it as a default. The default is ketchup.

18. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

To everyone but you. This is the First Worldiest of First World problems. I can't believe you actually started a thread about it.

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

varies from local franchise owner to owner with regards to sauce, anyway. Some will give you one or two no problem, others are dicks about it and will charge a quarter a sauce. And then there are even signs sometimes that tell you if you got a 4-piece nugget, you get one sauce, 10-piece gets you two, etc.

Know they cost money, but is the hostile attitude worth driving customers elsewhere when the potential loss is about 10 cents anyway (if that) and not many customers would ask for it without ordering something that it should come with anyway...

Mostly an annoyance because I like the burger king sweet and sour sauce with my fries :)

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ I know about the "some owners" problem.

One Little Caesars had them weighing every topping on a scale before putting them on the pizza. D'oh, one pepperoni too many!