Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Not overly impressed. I will watch the movie and enjoy it but to me it's just another Spider-man film.

2. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay I've got a bit of time. I'll spoiler code the whole thing.

So basically they had a few questions with each of the stars and the director, nothing really remarkable although Emma Stone said she thought one of the main differences between Gwen and MJ was that Gwen falls in love with Peter whereas MJ is a bit more in love with Spider-Man at first.

Andrew Garfield was really cool, and said that he was just the symbol, it could be anyone in the suit and it belongs to all of us.

The footage we got was really good, it was in 2d because the effects weren't finished. But we saw Peter defending someone from Flash, and then being beaten up himself. He awkwardly asks Gwen out, and Uncle Ben had a funny comment telling her that Peter had her on his computer, and that he was Peter's probation officer.

I'm really looking forward to the dynamic between Peter and Captain Stacey. The Lizard looks monstrous and vicious. The fight scenes are very acrobatic, I love the one where he's taking on the team of police offices while unmasked.

There was some training footage of him in a warehouse where he learns the extent of his powers and practices using the webbing.

Um what else...oh yeah the scene where he foils the guy who's trying to steal a car. He's sat on the ground going "oh no a knife....not a knife" then just shoots web to stick the guy to a wall. Then he pretends to sneeze and shoots web, and does other stuff like pitches a baseball etc. He's actually having fun with his powers, really enjoying being Spider-Man.

Those are the main things that I remember. In shot it just looks amazing and it appears to have a lot of depth. I'm biased because Spider-Man is my favourite, but I think this is going to be a better movie than The Avengers. I really can't wait to see it in 3D.

Also, if Mysterio is the villain in the next film it's because of the idea I gave in an interview ;).

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Meh... seen it all before, there's just nothing new there to care about.

I actually got interested when those Avengers-cameo rumours were around the other week, but now they've been debunked I've reverted to the "so what" mindset. And this trailer hasn't done anything to change that. "The Untold Story"? No, I'm pretty sure its been told a million times before. Maybe it will have some stuff about Peter's parents that weren't in the Raimi movies, but otherwise not so much

Of course, like most of us here, I'll still go see it, just saying I'm not exactly counting the days like for The Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus etc

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As ridiculous as it is, I'd actually be really looking forward to this if the Lizard was a giant crocodile in a lab coat. He looks like mutant-man in this film.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks pretty good to me. I'm looking forward to it, but probably not as much as most of the other stuff coming out.
    I do agree about the design of The Lizard, I would have rather seen them go a little less human looking with him.

8. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I love the new trailer!! Can't wait to see this! I was very skeptical when I heard they were going to reboot the franchise. I did not want another origin story. The more I am seeing of the finished product the more I am liking this.

9. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

I'm sold - I think the trailer looks great...

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The one thing I liked about the trailer is Garfield actually being in the Spider-man suit in the cop car.

His voiced didn't sound like his dialogue was recorded in a studio.

That's something I had a problem with in Raimi's Spider-man movies.

You knew Maguire wasn't there 80% of the time and he just recorded his lines in a studio.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I absolutely loved this trailer.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty cool trailer, although I have to admit I kinda preferred the first one with the grittier, moodier tone. This one looks more like just the usual, special effects-heavy superhero trailer that we've seen dozens of times before.

The footage itself still look great though.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I have to admit, I am getting a bit of a "been there, done that" feel with some of this now. The first trailer emphasized a very different tone from the Raimi films, and the only shot of Spidey was filmed in a very different way than we've seen before.

But now that we're seeing more of the action, it does feel awfully familiar to the kind of stuff we already saw in 3 previous Spidey movies. Here's hoping the final product feels a lot more original.

14. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

The new trailer is solid. I don't know if the end product will be good or bad, but currently, it is the superhero film I am looking forward to the most next summer.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Wow...that actually looks pretty freakin' sweet. :)

16. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

no, it looks AMAZING.

or SPECTACULAR.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:rofl:

Either way that trailer looks great. :bolian:

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm so not with you on that. I thought it was brilliant. Can't wait to see the movie.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

No, no, this one's AMAZING. The next one will be SPECTACULAR. :shifty:

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Since this is the "darker" series will the third be Avenging?