What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, I don't mind it when any games AI doesn't detect you because you're being stealthy, but that just takes the biscuit:lol:

2. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Currently playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. Sim City meets Heroes Of Might And Magic. Fucking addictive.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Took advantage of Steam's 'Saint's Row IV' free weekend and I must say, I'm glad I didn't buy it when it came out. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but it just feels like a padded out expansion pack for SR3 rather than a sequel in it's own right.

It has however prompted me to reinstall SR2 for the first time in years. Going by the 'PC Gaming Wiki' page I thought I'd have to do a lot of fiddling to get it to run, but so far it's worked perfectly fine. Better than it ran on my old XP machine in fact!

It's strange going back and realising that this really is a *much* better game than SR3. More variety in almost every aspect; the clothes, the gangs, the vehicles, the city itself and even the combat mechanics are all so much more nuanced, varied and challenging.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Downloaded "Assassin's Creed: Liberation" and started it today. It's the PSVita game, but they just made it available for download on PS3/PS4.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I played it on the Vita and while it's not as good as the proper AC titles, it's still a pretty decent game.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I just needed something to tide me over. I've played all the other AC games; figured I might as well play this one too.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I've only ever played AC2 but I noticed that come up on Steam and thought it looked like an interesting change from the others. Unfortunately from what I gather they've squandered a great concept--I mean how many games let you play as a black woman period, never-mind a black woman in a time and place when slavery was in full force?--for fear of actually presenting a challenge to the player.

But then the combat system in AC2 was ridiculously easy too and one of the main things that put me off that game. :/

8. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Just beat the last of us for the second time. Now I'm trying out dmc since it's free for ps plus. It's a lot better than I thought

9. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Been playing FTL a bit lately. Had a nice run-through where my ship was equipped with 3 of the same blast lasers that each fired 3 shots. Since they all recharged and fired at the same time, I made quick work of any ship that dared to challenge me. :evil: :lol:

(I also had a missile launcher that fired 2 shots at once, along with a drone system, a cloak, and a transporter. The rebel flagship didn't know what hit it. :D)

10. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed. Saints Row 2 was the best. I haven't played the 4th one, since I found out it was just supposed to be a DLC and that you become a super hero. That's just too far away from what Saints Row is supposed to be. I actually like this series better than Grand Theft Auto. The characters just resonate better with me. I'm not even playing GTA V anymore. I just switched to Arkham Origins.

Here's a link to my character.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neutopia (TG-16), Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (Game Boy), and Warhammer 40k: Squad Command (PSP). I also really want to pick up the recently released Broken Age on Steam, but I'm so conditioned by Steam sales that it almost feels like a ripoff to pay full price for a game.

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Let's see, I'm playing Battlefield 4 single player on my PS4 and Smart As... on my Vita.
    I also got Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for my PS4 yesterday, so I'm gonna start that on Saturday. And yes, I already played TR on my PS3. ;)

Oh and I also got the Heavy Rain platinum trophy on Sunday. Man that was tedious.

13. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Finished The Walking Dead and the next rentals that came my way were Serious Sam collection, which I played for a day and sent back and Silent Hill Homecoming which bored me. Been playing Super Mario 3D World in the meantime,

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't say that exactly. First and foremost Saints Row is supposed to be *fun*, which SR4 certainly is. I just didn't think it's very good value for money ATM. Especially not with the way they've been going about DLC content.

I actually really respect that they continued to take the franchise somewhere different with each iteration, rather than just rehash the same game over and over like GTA or Assassin's Creed.

Oh and here's my Boss character. ;)

I initially tried to recreate my old SR2 character, but now I prefer this one, so I've attempted to reverse engineer her for SR2. ;)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  15. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well 2 of those properties are super successful, so someone's doing something right and the other is not. Just saying.

Hm. Your first link isn't working. I tried to recreate my SR 2 character, too, but it didn't work out since they got rid of her hairstyle. I miss the "street cred" of the first 2 with the specific walks and the way the gangs worked... oh and Kieth David.

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Playing Beyond: Two Souls now and it all feels a bit disjointed but not too bad. Though it did feel a bit like a boredom simulator when I had to be a bored little girl for a bit wandering round the house.

17. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

It's more that they where working on SR3 DLC with new game mechanics(the superpowers) and decided to abandon the DLC code to create a sequel with the new game mechanics and a whole new story...
    The original DLC that was meant for SR3 became DLC for SR4 as some kind of behind the scenes/making of story...
    Pretty funny too, with Jane Valderama interviewing the games characters...

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Finished it the other day and its not a bad game but I think Heavy Rain was a little stronger in terms of story n characters.

19. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokémon X and Little Big Planet. Been shiny hunting on the former and have been learning how to play the latter on my Vita.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Mass Effect (Xbox 360)

Still my favorite game in the trilogy.