Hawaii 5-0 Season 4 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Was it me or was there something off about the opening sequence? It looked like some of the bad guys were CGI characters as McGarrett and other bad guys exchanged fire and he used them as human shields.

Finally someone on the show has put forward the idea that Wo Fat and McGarrett might be brothers. I'm guessing that since it was so blatently put forward that it will turn out to not be the case.

You know that the bad guys are really eeeeeeeeeeee-vile when they blow up Danno's Camero.

I'm just guessing here but I think that Chi McBride's character doesn't like 5-0 all that much. ;)

Why is Kono always apart from the team at the beginning of each season?

2. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I don't know about the whole "Kono being separated from the team at the beginning of each season" thing. I've heard in the past that Grace Park has wanted out of the show, so each time they pull this, I assume they are writing Kono off.

I think the opening sequence was at least some variation of bullet time. I guess you can use CGI characters if they are faceless/masked.

I'm certainly hoping they're not going down the brothers route. But if they don't, I have no other ideas to explain Wo Fat's connection with Doris.

3. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's clear that this episode was made to set up the season long plot-lines. Overall, I'm glad 5-0 is back, but this wasn't their strongest outing. Steve vs. the gunmen was pretty ridiculous. They made Stormtroopers look like excellent marksmen.

Though, they did get a little meta at the end about Steve vs. the helicopter. That's what I love about the show, the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously. That scene was so far fetched and ridiculous, but the fact that they lampshaded it was great.

I was sad to see their computer table die, but I fully expect HQ to get a 3-D table this time.

And Kamekona's small part was great. I loved him versus the cop-in-training. I wonder if the 90 days thing was a throwaway line or foreshadowing.

4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I can give most things on the show a pass but their computer system not being backed up - unless they were just trying to recover the last accessed data, not everything - is piss more management.

Was suprised they blew up the Camero - though with the drop in ratings, shift to Friday night they want to save money (or maybe they're now getting product support from Ford (so the Cruze will get blown up next week).

5. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I've seen rumors online that Grace Park is pregnant, but can't find anything more solid than people playing whisper down the lane. And while the fact that most of the shots of her at the beginning of the episode were head-and-shoulder shots (except for one long shot which could have used a body double), she didn't look pregnant at the end of the episode when she and Adam are in their (un)safe house.

Chevy is still a sponsor; when I watched it OnDemand Saturday morning, right after the Camaro got blown up, they ran some bit about Chevy being the official motor company of Hawaii Five-0, complete with shots of the Chevy each character usually drives.

Also, they won their time slot, with 9.38 million viewers, and overall were second only to Blue Bloods. If the ratings remain stable, hopefully Friday night will work out for them and we'll get a fifth season.

6. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

What was McGarrett thinking calling out Chin to come down after he and Danny had surrendered themselves?

Both that and rescuing the prisoners from the armored wagon by confronting the cops at gunpoint were idiotic in my opinion. It strains credulity (even on this show) that they both worked out.

7. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Camero was not Starsky's Torino, it was product placement. In that role why would Chevy want a 4 year old car on the show when the new model year has a few visual modifications?

8. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

In the pilot Danny had a silver Mustang, funnily enough.

9. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sure enough sign that the pilot was made before the deals for additional income

10. Enterprise is Great

11. cardinal biggles

This could be interesting. Or it could end up really underwhelming; remember the "pick your own ending" thing they did last season?

12. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I wondered about that, too, but it happened the minute Henry Ian Cusick (no idea what his character's name is :lol: ) pointed the gun at Danny. McGarrett will be macho man all day long, but Danny doesn't deal as well with that stuff and McGarrett is protective of him.

The Camero died for no reason though! Other than to force Danny to get a new Camero--which McGarrett promptly commandeered. :lol:

Is it just me, or is this whole Catherine is going to work for her ex-boyfriend! storyline getting blown way out of proportion. Billy is cute and all, but seriously, who would cheat on McGarrett? :lol:

13. cardinal biggles

14. Enterprise is Great

I'm not sure I trust Billy...something about that guy rubs me the wrong way. He's either going to make a play for Catherine or he's working with the guys after Kono and Adam.

I found tonight's runaway bride episode to be pretty boring. Not much happened. After the background check of the bride reveal it was obvious that lawyer dude was the bad guy. Even Steve/Danno just fizzled.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

He drives a Challenger now. ;)

I loved the banter at the movie theatre. :D The rest of the ep was just ok. And also don't trust Billy.

16. JariM

JariM Lieutenant Red Shirt

I guess the rumors were correct. I read online recently that she gave birth in Vancouver. They are filming her scenes there since she can't fly right now.

17. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

^I keep hearing that, too! I wonder how she's managed to keep it this quiet if it's true.

Knight Rider! :lol:

He is totally going to make a play for Catherine. Other than that, I don't think he's evil.

Awww, I don't know--it was pretty cute in the car when Steve was like "and you'd miss me too much" when Danno talked about why he wasn't going to leave Hawaii. It's kind of nice to not have them always fighting, though they crack me up when they do.

18. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I take it the car they were in prior to the new Camero arriving (which I think is ugly as sin) was a nod to the original series?

19. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

20. cardinal biggles

The black Mercury Marquis Steve inherited from his dad is supposedly THE '74 Marquis that Jack Lord drove for the original show's last six seasons.