Furries

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Amaris, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I first heard of the term "furries" watching a CSI episode. :o I actually like furries fan art, but like hentai pics, I don't necessarily collect or download furry pics.

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

AH HA! I knew SOMEONE had actually seen that episode! :lol:

J.

3. Doggeh

Doggeh Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For starters, I am a furry. I suppose my username might be proof of that. I'm a (semi) active member of the Furaffinity art site, I attend conventions, and I draw furry art. I'd also really like to have my own fursuit some day, they look like fun.

I've been drawing furry art since before I knew it had such an established fan base.

Its true though that much of this fandom has a more sexual aspect to it. Its not really my cup of tea and I try to avoid it all together.

4. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I've seen that episode too. Why does it matter?

5. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah ha! Sanity!

IN YOUR FACE, ANTI-FURRIES.

Gep, reasonable

6. Amaris

I'm a member of FAF, too. If you don't mind, sometime you could share your art if you wished. I'd be more than happy to see it. Again, only if you wish.

It's an episode about a murder at a furry convention, and it portrays the furry community as a whole to be nothing more than people having wild and drunken orgies in fursuits. It's not pretty, and it's not true for the vast majority of furries.

J.

7. Doggeh

Doggeh Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

8. Kestra

Surely you don't assume the people in this thread would base an opinion entirely off of that?

9. Amaris

That is nice work! I really like that. :D

Most people? No. I just wanted to clear it out of the way, first.

J.

10. Gryffindorian

Come on. Let's say you were a rabid XBox 360 fan, and I hated XBox 360 and loved PS3. Couldn't we just get along? This thread just goes to show how much intolerance there is in this world, and we ain't even talking about sexual orientation, religion, or any of that good stuff. :lol:

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trust me. Some groups of people just *don't* get along. Yankee fans and Red Sox fans, for example. It's practically hardwired into our DNA.

And you know what? We like it that way. :lol:

12. Amaris

Wow. :lol:

J.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Now just let me say in our defense: We only do that when the Red Sox actually come to Yankee Stadium (or, God forbid, a Sox fan actually shows up in the bleachers with us :eek: ). I've heard talk of the "Yankees Suck" chant being started up at Fenway Park when 1) the Yankees are not playing that day, and 2) there's not even a Yankee fan there to begin with.

At least we only heckle a team when we have a reason to. :lol: I mean, if they're not there to hear us give them shit, what's the point?

Now that I've gone off on a baseball tangent, it does bring up an interesting point: Is the Phillie Phanatic, technically, a furry? Think about it. ;)

14. Amaris

You make perfect sense! :D

J.

15. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a misguided PS3 fanboy friend (I have both, but vastly prefer Xbox360 for a variety of reasons, or as Aragorn would put it, it apparently blows me :lol:). I give him lots of shit about it. Mostly because he never considered getting a different console and the extent of his reasoning was 'I like Sony'. No research, just a blind brand loyalty buy!

As for religious intolerance... well, anytime someone comes up to me and lets me know I'll suffer eternal damnation for not following <insert Holy Book Title here>, tolerance is out the window!

16. Kestra

This is a forum where you can be criticized for putting ketchup on your hot dog, asking too many questions in a retail setting, and not being efficient enough at the supermarket. Let's be realistic here. :lol:

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Forum? There's entire CITIES that will do that. :lol:

18. Gryffindorian

Hey, but we're Trek fans and are supposed to know better and have a highly evolved sensibility. :lol:

19. Kestra

This I know. I was there a few hours ago.

20. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

*wheels in and mounts GAU-8*