SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, May 2, 2011.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Netflix has both S1 and S2 of Justified available.

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Sutter mentioned something interesting on Twitter today...

This was in the context of him tweeting that he's excited about the upcoming Before Watchmen project from DC Comics and that he'd love to do a Rorshach television series, and was a direct reply to television critic Alan Sepinwall who asked if he'd be okay with someone coming along after SOA had wrapped to do a prequel series without his involvement.

3. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rorshach tv series would be awesome he was the best thing about the watchmen.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Agreed. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to find that there was very little, if at all, of his narration and observations on the Human Condition that I disagreed with.

5. PsychoPere

When Kurt Sutter tweeted about his new three-year overall deal with FX and 20th Century Fox TV last week, he explained that the deal would cover the already-announced season five and, if later picked up, seasons six and seven.

That sixth season pickup has now happened.

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Just a couple more weeks before SOA returns. Sept 11, I am looking forward to it.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SSwHZNAi7U[/yt]

7. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Thanks for that Gov Kodos, I hadn't looked for the premiere date yet, and I really don't want to miss it!

The new cast members could be interesting...

8. 137th Gebirg

Was that the clubhouse burning??

9. Gov Kodos

Your welcome, Shanndee.

No, after looking at a number of the trailers, I'm sure it's a scene of a fire that is taking place while the gang is on the road. A lot of shit will be going down this year.

I am psyched for this season.

10. timothy

Same here I love this show. I have been rewatching it on netflix halfway through s3 :)

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Y'know one thing I love about SOA is that even after watching it through, if you go back through it, you pick up on all kinds of things you missed out on. I mean the action goes so fast on that show sometimes that it's easy to miss out on something, particularily on Season 3 with the whole cutting between the stuff in California and Ireland. It's really a rich show and tons of little teasers and subtle things. Like even the episode names, which really matter if you're watching the DVD or Netflix, like "So" and "ns" which make no sense, until you realize it's the rings that Jax wears that he's putting on his dad's gravestone. First the "So" ring is left there. Then he leaves the 'Ns" ring the last time he goes there and sorta makes his own stand. It's so subtle that you miss it, but it's there. And amazingly no one bothers to swipe those rings either LOL. Like that "So" ring was sitting there for what? A couple weeks or longer?

Can't wait to see what a Jax controlled show will be like. And I can't wait for Season 4 to show up on Netflix. Although honestly I am so seriously tempted to just buy the DVD set - of course it'll be like Weeds, they only had the first 3 or 4 seasons up, so I buy season 4, then season 5... and then... they put them up, now it's current until like all but the last two.

Oh well. But Yeah... this should be intersting. Be even more curious to see how Tara will morph into Gemma Jr even more, now that SHE'S the Queen. But it's nice to see Gemma's still like "Queen Mum", she's not the President's old lady, but everyone still sees her as their 'mom'.

12. Gov Kodos

Tara has the potential to morph into something crazier than Gemma. Her plan for dealing with Clay while he was in the hospital was cold. I think has always known she had the Gemma crazy in her. That was why she left, but like Jax she keeps coming up with reasons and excuses for not leaving for good. I hope there will be some development between her and the hospital Admin. They have a potential for a sort of Clay/Unser kind of co-dependency.

13. 137th Gebirg

^^^ That would be interesting, actually, particularly since hospital admin woman (what IS her name??) seems to have had a brief flirtation with outlaw/underworld activity of her own in her youth. There might be some part of her really deep down who wants to maybe revisit that a little bit.

14. PsychoPere

^ Margaret Murphy.

Two tweets from Kurt Sutter worth sharing:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  15. Gov Kodos

Margaret Murphy, thanks PsychoPere, she was band groupie, and into drugs, but wasn't with any bikers. I could see her concern for Tara and tendency to look the other way in an effort to get Tara out of the club as a good intentioned path to ending up in being trapped in helping the club. Unser could have gotten caught up with the club in some similar fashion trying to get Gemma out of that life. Instead, she and Clay use that concern to their ends.

I guess the new character might be Damon Pope, the crime boss mentioned by Eli at the end of last season. I hope we see Danny Trejo' Romero Parada back as well.

16. timothy

Okay sons of anarchy season premire tonight so been looking forward to this :)

17. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Oh. My.

As if Tig wasn't balancing on a fine enough wire to begin with. They have literally been "poking the bear" with him for some time, but now they have finally released the psychopath.

This is not going to end well...for anyone.

18. Gov Kodos

Tig is going to be more crazy than ever. The season started off with a very wild ride. Pope looks to be a superb villain for the club, much more dangerous than their previous bad guys. I was surprised by the attack on Unser at the end. How many legless guys are on the gang's bad guy list? Looking forward to next week.

19. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I forgot about this starting, thanks for reminding me.

20. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I am suprised i enjoyed Bail Organa as a shady tattoed guy. Poor Clay. No women, no power. They should kill him of, he lost all the gravitas he had.