ST:TOS - General Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SLWalker, Oct 27, 2008.

1. SLWalker

SLWalker The OG Scotty Fangirl Premium Member

So, sell me. ::pokes:: Who are they? I've managed to read through two posted stories here; what's up with yours? LOL! And will it take me months to read 'em all?

2. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Normally, I'd PM you with the info, but as you're not able to receive them yet:
    http://fiction.hopestation.net/viewseries.php?seriesid=6

:)

3. SLWalker

This'll apparently be my fifty-first post. So, if it lets me PM and that, I'll let you know some of my thoughts about Embers of the Fire here soon, I hope.

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the fluffy piece and the grim one. I'd keep fiddling with that one-you are right to not be satisfied-I got the feeling thier was s'posed to be something else involved but not sure what-something about friendship making the load easier to bear, maybe......Hmmmmm..... which isn't to say it isn't good-it is.

5. SLWalker

Thank you! And yeah, I noticed that too, but despite going over it obsessively a dozen times, couldn't find exactly what it was throwing me off. Still, it was good enough to pass inspection, and hopefully the answer will someday come to me; it's not one of my priority pieces, but maybe I'll be able to figure it out in time.

6. SLWalker

Title: Mothers
    Series: ST:TOS, General
    Rating: G
    Characters: Winona, Amanda
    Disclaimer: They're all Paramount's, not mine.
    Archive/Repost: Sure, just lemme know where.
    Notes: Prompted by Anna Amuse, off of the word 'carriage' and it turned out coherent enough to post. Winona Kirk, holding her eight-month-old son at a diplomatic function of some sort, gets to share a moment of motherhood with Amanda, long before that's significant.

--

Pulled for story control.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  7. USS Fardell

USS Fardell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is really good. I enjoyed it. :)

8. SLWalker

Thanks!

9. Mistral

Sweet. My boy doesn't like being cuddled so much anymore, either. Except when he's tired...

10. SLWalker

My oldest doesn't anymore, but my youngest still does. Thanks!

11. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Just read all the stories - wonderful little scenes. What I enjoy about your writing is also what I like about LA Graf's novels (and it's wonderful that you've taken their depiction of Sulu, he's a much more rounded character than Sulu usually gets to be) - and that's the description of the every-day life.

With created universes like Trek what really makes it work for me is the description of what happens in the down-time, when the crew aren't saving the universe. You write those moments - and I love it!

12. SLWalker

Thanks so much! Yes, I really like L.A. Graf novels too, mostly. There's a heavy Chekov lean, but mostly the characters are treated as being more like being living and breathing people than the rest of the authors manage.

13. Mistral

Oooohh! What you said! Don't let that get back to Dayton Ward! He's got a tongue like a razor!:guffaw:

14. SLWalker

Oh? Do tell. ::grins::

15. Mistral

You shoulda seen the terrible things he said to me after I invited all of the published authors over on the Trek Lit Forum over to his house for New Years Eve!:guffaw:

16. SLWalker

Why did you do that? ::blinks::

17. Mistral

It seemed to fit the course of the discussion in the thread. I dunno why he got so peeved-I offered to let him pay for all of the booze!(It was that kind of a dialogue, if you know what I mean.) Besides, KRAD was the one who insisted Dayton hire some strippers for the evening...

18. SLWalker

Ah well. ::smirks:: Damn shame it didn't happen.

19. Mistral

I'd like to state at this time that Dayton Ward is a pretty decent guy, has a wicked sense of humor and usually gives better than he gets when the kidding's on. He's also pretty damn tolerant of critics in general, at least here on the BBS, and takes the occasional hit with grace and aplomb.

20. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

Thanks Mistral. My assumption was that he and the other Authors probably wouldn't mind this as long as it remains gentle ribbing. But it's time to move on, so on the 'post not poster' basis, can we get this thread back on track?