Shatner?s Chaos On The Bridge US And UK Arrival

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 16, 2015.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

American and UK fans waiting for William Shatner Presents: Chaos on the Bridge have only a few weeks left to wait. The Next Generation documentary will be arriving on multiple digital platforms beginning August 1 in the US and August 3 in the UK. It is already available in the US via Vimeo. “Writer, Director […]

More...

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So it will come to Itunes eventually. Maybe it might be available to rent. Would love to see it.

3. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I highly recommend it, if you enjoy behind the scenes style documentaries. The content is similar to the DVD/Bluray special features, but on steroids. The graphics and animations are worth the price of admission alone. There are pretty in-depth interviews with players that rarely or never to Trek interviews. There wasn't a ton of new content, but it went more in depth than has been done previously and there are lots of great anecdotes. It'll be a great addition to the collection of behind the scenes Trek videos.

4. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ooh, hope that includes Amazon Instant Video in the UK. Instant buy from me if so!

5. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I watched it. it's pretty good, albeit it wastes some air with people like Braga, who weren't actually there or really involved at the time. I think they should have interviewed more of the other people not directly involved with the writing to get a sense of how this chaos affected different parts of the production. I also wanted more Fontana than we got, but maybe what was in there was all she really wanted to say on the matter.

7. Disco

Disco Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What chaos?!

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvNdCjc-3Ps[/yt]​

9. Disco

Disco Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks. Seems like an exaggeration saying chaos though.

10. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yup. It's a title. That's what they do. Honestly, it has me intrigued and I'm not a big TNG guy. Much moreso than were it called "Disagreements in the Writers' Room."

Even though I'm ok with this hyperbolic title, it's a reminder of our culture's drenching us in BS so that it is the common coin. I (a teacher) always use the example of a teacher calling an "A-" 10th grade essay "awesome."

Nope. "Nicely done"? Sure "Good progress"? Yup, but worthy of "awe"? Nope. But so it goes.

11. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

This trailer is hilarious. I'll definitely watch this now.

12. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Sadly I missed this the first time around when it aired in Canada. I welcome a chance to finally see it.

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Is this only available on iTunes or will it be available through other media?

14. The Transformed Man

The Transformed Man Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed it quite a bit. If you're already familiar with the BTS of the early days of TNG there's not a lot revealed, but the back and forth between the studio execs and Roddenberry/Leonard Maizlish is pretty interesting. The closing credit song, "Whacky Doodle" (based on Maurice hurley's description of Rodenberry's beliefs/dictates about the future) is pretty outstanding.

Solid presentation.

15. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

Maybe I'm turning into a cranky old man, but I would have preferred a more traditional documentary format. The constant rapid cutting and graphics over everyone's remarks got tiresome after a while. I think the subject matter was interesting enough to not need so many gimmicks. But it was still well worth watching for the interviews.

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Commodore Commodore

I agree Atom. I liked the doc a lot, and I found what they were talking about to be really fascinating. I get the feeling that they could've easily stretched that doc out 30 minutes or more.