USS Voyager vs USS Defiant

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by kgartm1185, Jun 8, 2013.

?

Which ship would win in a battle?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2016.
  1. USS Voyager

8.5%
  2. USS Defiant

27.1%
  3. USS Enterprise-E

64.4%
  1. kgartm1185

kgartm1185 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Which ship would win in a battle?

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'd have voted differently if it were the thread title only, but the Enterprise E would wipe the floor with the other two.

bbjeg and Lance like this.
  3. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I agree

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well I know which ship wouldn't win.

Though as this crosses three shows, shouldn't it be in General Trek?

5. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

the defiant and ent e would cripple eachother, whilst voyager would self-destruct

somebuddyX likes this.
  6. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I think all three were great ships with Captains who loved them.

7. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Worf is first officer of the Defiant and every time we see the E onscreen he is at tactical, so there is no way he could be in two places at once. Unless there's some sort of anomaly, probably caused by Voyager.

Since Voyager usually comes out on top when there's some weird anomaly, I'm giving this one to ...

James Tiberius Freaking Kirk. He slingshots around the sun into the 24th century and surprises the other captains. In their shock at seeing the older ship Kirk blows up all three other ships with a massive kickass torpedo assault that Scotty improvises on the spur of the moment.

somebuddyX and Vandervecken like this.
  8. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Going by only what's seen on screen I'd say the Defiant. It'd probably ram the Enterprise-E.

somebuddyX likes this.
  9. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Assuming all three are normal specifications (no future tech or Borg tech), then the Enterprise E clearly is the most powerful and most advanced of the three, and the largest.

Voyager modified as seen per Endgame, took out Borg Cubes easily, so if you go with modifications, then Voyager has it.

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Being larger does not make the ship more suited for battle. I might go with Defiant just based on maneuverability and the fact that it has a cloaking device.

Voyager with future armor, okay, but Voyager when it was built loses easily to Defiant.

I don't know why they never introduced the concept of fighters in DS9. They were rather obvious additions to Babylon 5 and BSG. Maybe they only didn't it because they were afraid to be accused of copying B5?

11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    somebuddyX likes this.
  12. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Defiant is a "tough little ship" from what we saw throughout the Dominion War.

Voyager slaughtered Borg cubes due to they're transphasic torpedoes or whatever Adm Janeway brought from the future. I can't imagine they would work on a ship that doesn't analyze and adapt to everything like the Borg do.

The Enterprise-E is a "tough big ship" as we saw from First Contact and Nemesis. Big E takes this battle.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlobZcUJ9lg[/yt]

Yeah... Fighters have know future against big starships.

13. TheSubCommander

True considering the Defiant pwned the Lakota. However, IIR the Defiant class was basically the testing ground for everything that got put in the Sovereign's. Enterprise E- is everything the Defiant is but bigger, faster, better shielded, more powerful and has a bigger arsenal of weapons available. Remember, E-E was also constructed to be a Borg fighter.

With Starfleet having possession of the Romulan cloak aboard the Defiant, I am sure it has been dissected enough where starfleet captains have been briefed on how to detect cloaked ships using Romulan cloaks, and how to track them. Heck, even Geordi figured out how in TNG.

Also, Defiant may be more maneuverable, but the defiant is only able to fire forward, whereas the Sovereigns have a 360 firing arc for the phaser arrays. So the maneuverability is not as much an advantage against Enterprise E, as it would have been against the Lakota, or maybe even a galaxy class ship.

Defiant isn't winning this one against Enterprise E.

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes.

Why are they all fighting, anyway?

15. TheSubCommander

Because, reasons.

Or,

The bugs from Conspiracy, are BACK!!!!

somebuddyX likes this.
  16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Whilst I don't think we ever say the Defiant fire aft, it doesn't mean it can't. We after all didn't see the Galaxy Class fire aft Phasers that often.

17. TheSubCommander

Even if Defiant did have the capability of firing at other angles (IE phasers or torpedoes), it still doesn't change the fact that E-E is everything Defiant is, just more of it. Bigger hull able to handle more damage, more power output, more phaser arrays and torpedo bays, large crew to handle battle damage, more of just basically everything, less cloak, which isn't necessarily an advantage, if E-E is able to track it, anyway.

That doesn't mean Defiant won't get its licks in, and it would be an easy win for E-E, just that the odds are with the Enterprise-E.

Now, if we were talking Enterprise-D, it just might be a different story and go in Defiant's favor (Caveat: Except maybe "All Good Things..." Enterprise D, which also has a cloak and has been upgraded to basically a dreadnaught).

That said, I think the real contest might be Voyager VS Defiant. That might be closer, but my money would be on Defiant...not because I like Voyager less (I think Voyager is a better looking ship, personally), but because Voyager is more a multi-role explorer ship, whereas Defiant is all warrior.

18. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Going by the options, I would sort them thusly:
    - Enterprise-E
    - Defiant
    - Voyager

So even if the E-E wasn't on that list, the Defiant would always win against Voyager.

20. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

defiant,it is a warship,built to fight.