Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder what sort of old man make up they'll stick him in? Zod is a contemporary of Jor-El so should look like some one who could be Clarks pappy... How hard would it be to make Sam look 50?

Oh, no.

I figured out the end of next season already.

Clark strips Zod of his powers and has the general serve out the life sentences of his sons murder spree.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Or they'll just put him in the nut house as he'll probably be going on with "I'm Zod from Krypton! Kneel before me!"

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

You know the prison idea isn't exactly a bad one.

4. Broccoli

Depending on how it is done, it could work. However, this assumes that the Doomsday/David Bloome stuff will be remembered by next year. Smallville has a tendency to forget previous season arcs when they are completed.

5. Guy Gardener

Wouldn't be great if they started ringing up old guest stars and tying in the old stories to the new stories?

This monster can't die, so might as well try to do a decent job.

6. Broccoli

They tried that two years ago with the Veritas storyline. It was very sloppy and forced.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Partially because of the writer's strike, but that's my opinion.

8. Guy Gardener

They brought in new relatives to characters they killed off, who in turn they again too killed off, if we're talking about Swans daughter and Doctor Quinn medicine Woman's Husband the Doctor from Voyager...

SOOOOOOOOOOO sloppy.

Bringing back "Boone" or Jane Seymore or her kid from Super natural from the grave some how (yet easily) would have had some right kick. Besides, I'm still waiting to see how they saved Luthor's brain.

Talkng alnbino Gorilla please.

maybe that Flash Gordon kid could come back again, after pulling a Deerhunter in a POW camp for the last 5 years?

"Why didn't you save me Clark? save me? You could have finished that war and saved thousands of American's in a day. You're just so damn selfish."

9. Broccoli

I don't know how much the strike had to do with this, but I'm more referring to how they tried to connect everything together, from the Swans to the Teagues to the Queens to the Luthors. It seemed very forced and disjointed, mostly because they were trying to reveal that it was all connected from the beginning, when it really wasn't. It was a noble effort (especially since there was feeling of "final season" that year), but it didn't work the way, I think, the producers wanted it to.

10. Guy Gardener

The Queens did die in the first episode.

I got such woody.

Im glas they at least tried to make some hay out of it eventually.

11. Broccoli

Which was just an easter egg for fans, which turned out to be lucky the did that, so they could cram the Queens into Vertias.

12. Guy Gardener

I love Bart, I truly do, the boy could stand to more on the show, but I was a little left amiss that they seemed to show the Flash in the Pilot too... Wasn't there a wonder woman reference too?

Is Oliver "turning" evil?

Is dark Oliver and the Injustice League going to be at the heart of everything next year?

He's fighting a war, it's idiotic to think that there wouldn't be casualties, accidental or otherwise considering the sheer bulk of explosives he has to purchase to keep his discount running.

Then I wouldn't mind seeing a few episodes about Dark Lana driven insane by her "suit". Happy lana pisses me off, but she's almost tolerable when she's allowed to play a villain... besides if Zod is coming to Earth, Clark would be a fool not enlist her aid now that she's the Kryptonite woman. Besides being that close to a point of contagion, you'd think that she would begin developing powers as well as the suits natural abilities?

13. Broccoli

Clark is reading an article about a really fast kid, but it never gives the kid's name (obviously meant to be a nod to Flash). In theory, it could be Bart, but it could also easily have been some other kid that has a super-speed power. Like the Queen reference, it was a throwaway reference.

I remember reading that there was a Wonder Woman reference, but I don't recall what it was (assuming I even caught it in the first place).

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ One of the headlines referred to the Queen of Themyscira addressing the United Nations.

15. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

that seems illogical, dont Themyscirans generally want to live by themselves on their little island? why would they want to address the UN?

Why would they want to leave Themyscira and risk there narrow & bigot view of the world being challenged?

16. Broccoli

However, I bet that if Smallville wanted to introduce Wonder Woman, they could/would ignore that headline if it interfered with their story.

On another note, I just checked DC Wiki. Apparently it does give the speedster's name as Scott Higgs. Guess it isn't Bart.

It was probably just meant as a throwaway reference for eagle-eyed fans and not to be taken very seriously.

17. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

sorry, should not have over reacted.

18. Guy Gardener

Bart might not even be "Bart" since he was travelling during his first episode with several fake ids, including papers for Jay Garrick and Wally West... Though, I'm not sure if I saw this, or there were spoilers before hand assuring me that it was going to happen in a few weeks and it may have or may not have actually taken place on camera.

The dark aged Christians burning false prophets might not have been completely barking up the wrong tree, if they had to deal with half the speculation for the future of their club as we do for smallville that never comes to pass.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I apologize to everyone I was incorrect. The headline was Themyscira Queen addresses Vatican and it was in Season 3's Asylum.

20. Broccoli

That's it NX, I shall never trust you ever again! :p

wamdue, if you wanted to place this in context with "comics canon", perhaps the Queen's visit was to see if man was still as bad as they thought, and the visit went so bad, politically, that it made the Amazons want to hide even further.