Farscape - now available on Blu Ray and Amazon deal of the day

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by coolghoul, Jan 18, 2012.

1. coolghoul

coolghoul Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi Guys,

I know there are a lot of Farscape fans here. So wanted to make sure that they noticed this deal of the day from Amazon.

Deal of the day on Jan 18, 2012 on Amazon.com

Deal price says USD 44.99 for DVD and 68.99 for Blu Ray.

I didn't know that Farscape was available on Blu Ray. I thought some of the initial seasons were not filmed in "hi-def" capable (or similar to that level of resolution) and it would not be possible to have blu ray discs for Farscape.

I also don't know whether this includes the Peacekeeper Wars mini or not.

Still - should be a good deal.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It just came out on Blu-Ray recently, but you're right, because of the way it was filmed it really won't look all that much better than DVD.

And no, The Peacekeeper Wars is not included.

3. coolghoul

coolghoul Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Thanks.

I haven't rewatched the Peacekeeper Wars mini.

Recently (about a year back or so) I rewatched the entire series via Netflix streaming - Netflix didn't have the mini on streaming. Don't know if it ever added that. I think it's midway thru season 3 that they made a major change in the shooting quality. I think it's the episode where everybody is interviewed separately in a "confession-chair" that everything just kicked up several notches. Or am I getting confused as that being the appearance of the straight-haired pigtailed and always radiant Aeryn Sun!

Also I was surprised by how long the arc in season 4 is. Everybody takes shots at s4 cos of it's uneven beginning eps but right from the point of Unrealized reality it was amazing...

Edit - Amazon says it's for only the next 10 hours or so. So hopefully people who want to buy it get it.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I've been put off by the nearly unanimous opinions that the blu-ray isn't much (if any) of an improvement over the DVD's.

Plus, I paid near $200 for a couple of the Starburst editions when the series was out of "print", plus what it cost to get all the other ones.

This reminds me, I really have to re-watch the whole series one of these days. It's been a few years.

5. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

I bought season one on Blu-Ray cheap as it happened to be part of a Black Friday deal at Wal-Mart. No, I didn't go out of my way to go to Wal-Mart on Black Friday, we just happened to be driving by there on that Friday in the afternoon and stopped in. Anyway, there is no difference in picture quality that I could tell on my, admittedly, not so big 40" LCD screen, however, the 5.1 surround sound was awesome so if you're into that sort of thing, then it may be worth it. I didn't see or hear anything that made me want to go out and get the whole thing on Blu-Ray as I still have my original 2-sided DVD's and bought the new DVD box set when it came out.