Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I'm much more susceptible to believing it's the Studio wanting to showcase the Actor and his face, rather than the Actor demanding "Face Time" in these "Unmask the Hero" scenes

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Special Ipad edition of EW

[​IMG]

3. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Spider-Man always manages to lose his mask.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sony has been teasing something in four days...which is the Super Bowl, my guess is we're getting a trailer on Super Bowl Sunday, which I kind of expected. It could be something else, but I don't think so. I'm kind of hoping for another poster as well.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

You'd think he'd stick it onto his costume. If only he had a special power or equipment that allowed him to produce something sticky. Hmmmm.

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well you dont want it too sticky.

7. Admiral_Young

8. Captaindemotion

http://latino-review.com/2012/02/04/marc-webb-dishes-the-amazing-spider-man-tidbits/

I've put in some of the quotes I found most interesting but I'd recommend reading the whole interview.

9. Admiral_Young

Also the thing in four day event turned out to be the logo being shown on buildings across the world.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

They've yet to communicate that thoroughly and effective though. The casual people I know at work with 7-12 yr old boys ask me and say, "Why are they doing another origin Spidey film?" These are the audiences that don't have the visceral reaction to Rami's pt.3 as internet fandom.

They should've left well enough alone and just added the plot of Peter's parents into this film. Every film goer knows, KNOWS, Gwen was in the last movie AND they were in college. Now, they are asking filmgoeres to say, "Oh, back in high school, no Mary Jane, different web shooters?! WTF?"

I'm not saying the film is going to tank mind you, it'll do well but it very well could be the Superman Returns of 2012 which is an underperformer. They've not sold, that I see, this is worth asking Joe Regular to buy into with Avengers, MIB3, TDKR and GI JOE all lurking about with something truly new to offer.

11. Admiral_Young

They're only just getting started with their campaign dude. This is coming out in July, it's the start of Feb. They have loads of time to connect with people. People feared this with "X-Men: First Class" IIRC and it was one of the most critically acclaimed X-Men films ever. Plus it didn't do too badly at the box office either after word of mouth. Also Sony has to make a film to retain the rights to Spider-Man I believe. They can't just let it sit or else Disney/Marvel will go right after them.

12. Captaindemotion

And it's Spider-man. Every movie has made shitloads of money; 2 made more than 1, 3 made more than 2. At the very least, this will make Batman Begins type money.

13. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed. IIRC there were concerns about "Batman Begins" as well and people were hesitant due to "Batman and Robin". I sense the same feeling toward "Man of Steel" a bit because most people dislike "Superman Returns" so much. It'll do fine.

Okay...I just saw on the facebook page we're getting a new trailer today at midnight PST/3AM eastern!

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ohh, so that must be what they were talking about on the Marvel site. I was on their yesterday and there was a story about something ASM related happening today, but I didn't see if it said anywhere what it was.

15. Admiral_Young

16. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I just got back from the sneak peek event. I'm at my friend's at the moment so I'm not on here for long, but I'll give a brief description.

I was in London and we had Rhys Ifans, Emma Stone was in Rio and Andrew Garfield in New York, Mark Webb in LA. We got a trailer in 3D which was awesome and then 8 minutes of new footage, but that was only in 2D because some of the effects hadn't been finished yet.

I love the Raimi films, but this is Spider-Man. The wisecracks are here, the sheer sense of fun he gets from being Spidey, the fight scenes are more acrobatic, the effects are brilliant.

It was just amazing basically, i'll write more when I'm home in a few days.

17. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm a huge nerd. I love superheroes. Even I have to remind myself that there's a new Spider-Man movie coming out this year. It really seems like this movie is just getting lost in the shuffle between Dark Knight Rises and Avengers.

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

New trailer launches 3:00 AM EST.

19. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Trailer
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQS16dGk0w[/yt]
    If this has been posted for this movie sorry.

20. Admiral_Young

I mentioned that earlier Sammy :)