Hell hath doth frozen over...'90s X-Men news.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Johnny Rico, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to TVShowsOnDVD.com, Disney is finally releasing the '90s X-Men show on DVD. First wave will be two 2-disc volumes (which will probably contain at least 13 episodes each) scheduled for April 28th. They are labeled as Marvel Comics Collection, so it looks like the '90s Spider-Man series may be coming along as well.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Um, best news ever!

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I bought this off EBay years ago... I guess those were bootlegs hunh? :p ;)

4. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would absolutely get these.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sweet...I hope this means that Spider-Man will follow!

6. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If DISNEY puts 13 episodes on each set, that would be the first two seasons. TV.com lists the first two seasons as having 13 epoisodes each, so I'm not sure why they just wouldn't label these as Season 1 & 2, unless they're going to release these like WB did with the Batman:TAS taking the complete series and splitting it up somewhat evenly across multiple volumes. So if they go that way, then these two could contain the first couple of episodes of Season 3.

7. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

I assume they're going with "volume" because the later seasons are more erratic in terms of length.

Can't wait for the third, which is almost entirely just their adaptations of the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas (and hopefully they'll include that poor stranded episode that was intended for there but ended up in like Season Five due to delays).

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'll probably pick this up eventually. I enjoyed watching them late at night on ToonDisney, but now I have early classes which prevents that (my first class now is at 8:00 am with an hour commute).